Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Victims No More

Guest · 41 · 14471

DarkBlood

You will find it rather difficult to be true to yourself and not disappoint people during the course of your life. Periodically you will be faced with the choice where you can either take your position behind yourself or side with the populist point of view all in the interest of not rubbing people the wrong way. There is a risk to taking your position – you may turn out to be wrong and that can be a rather huge blow to your ego, but what good is the freedom of choice that you are entitled to if you waver it in the name of safety.
As a generation, we are no longer the youth or the children of the nation – we are growing and will soon be the nation. Soon the nation will not be steered by the decisions of our parents but by the decisions ourselves. What choices will you make with your life now that it is you and only you who can back them? With no mommy and daddy to defend you and clean up your mess after you, what is it that you choose to do with this new liberty that you have – this new power? Will you hide it and conceal it from the public so not to lose public favour or will you use it wisely and honourably for the community that raised you?
South Africa is our community – whether you like it or not. Many of us were born here, bred here and taught here. Our nation’s resources were used to feed us food for our bodies, our minds and our spirits. Many of us developed the founding years of our character here and this nation is as much in our blood as the genes of our respective families. What then will we do for this country that mothered hearts and fathered our souls?

It is scary to stand against convention and the norm when it has so many who have pledged their allegiance to it. Unfortunately, convention and the norm has claimed the liberty and freedom of many of us. Subjected by the rule of those in power – through money, knowledge and even fear – we sit tamed and helpless, obeying their orders so as not to shake the waters and bite the proverbial hand that feeds us. That fear can go only so far until one is mobilised by enough resolve – through anger, love or a combination of both – to strike back at the system that allows so many to suffer.

Amongst our midst we have traitors – not to the flag but to the clan. I speak of the national clan of South Africa. Amongst us, there are the weak dwellers who find no greater joy than to dismantle the nation brick by bring through their hate speech and their criticisms. They hide behind closed private doors, anonymous forum names and messages and spread foul words about our nation. They consume our resources, rape our land, abuse our people and do nothing in response but sully its name in an effort to try and make themselves feel better about themselves.

They fantasise and speak about going overseas as though it is the Promised Land and wish to leave this hell hole of a country. Every person who reads this knows exactly of whom I speak. It would be easy to picture a white person because the majority of them in our experience have been white but they have members who are Black as well as Asian, Indian and Coloured. I have no ill feelings towards someone who decides to leave to broaden their perspective and learn more about the world, but to do so whilst defecating on our country will not be accepted.

Their favourite thing to say is that South Africa will one day be like Zimbabwe – another nation laughed at and ridiculed. These are our African brothers and the world of the ‘haves’ think it funny and good sport to slander the nations name when its people most need support and encouragement. They treat Africa like God’s punch line whilst at the same time raping it of its resources and giving it peanuts in compensation.
It would be so easy to a**ign the role of the enemy to the ‘white man’ but the white man is not the enemy. The enemy is us and our refusal to grow as a people. We spend more time fighting – each other, defending ourselves from the barrage of judgement from those that will never understand and other – than we do building. We spend so much time trying to appear as a First World country we have completely forsaken ourselves. We treat each other like they treat us and try run our nation like they run it. We are not satisfied with being us that we try so hard to be like or even be them – and that is something that will never happen.
No matter how we dress, how we speak, how we act, what we do and where we go, we will never be them. We will always be replicas – an extension of their culture and their civilisation – but we will never be them.

Until we realise that there is nothing wrong with being us, we will miss the opportunity to grow as a people into a culture and civilisation that is respected and revered. Until we stop looking outside of ourselves for all the things we desire instead of within, we will forever stay the subordinate people that we are. ‘If you do not look within, you will go without.’

Rise up my people! The success of our nation is not dependant on the prosperity of a few selected individuals but rather reliant on the prosperity of all. Like any good chain, it is the responsibility of every link to ensure that they hold their own weight. Our African culture is bore out of a communal society, not one of individuals. The reason we have not been making the advancement as we desire it to have been done is because we have been doing it their way and it has not been working because it isn’t in our blood to leave others behind nor is it in our blood to expect to be carried forever.

Let us educate ourselves and skill ourselves and let us show them that we don’t need them. Let us show them that whilst we appreciate their involvement and participation we do not beg for it. We are a strong people who suffered centuries of oppression and subjugation and still we stand. With the best parts of our lands taken from us and our cultures all but lost – our identities in history distorted or omitted by those who enslaved us – we still stand and we still grow. Let the success of one be a testament of all and let us breed a new generation us. Let us contribute to a population of South Africans who raise this nation above their shoulders and hold it in the heavens.

Let us laugh in the faces of those that say we cannot do it and cheer with those that say we can. We are this lands heart and soul and are the roots of this great continent’s legacy. If we can service this land, we can survive any adversary that stands between us and our destiny.

God Bless Africa
Guide our Rulers
Guard our People
And give us peace

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
    • View Profile

LetsogoLaPlastik

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-8
  • Wa tlala??
    • View Profile
JESUS!!!

Exactly my  thoughts........some peoples typing skills are just on another level.......how do you write such a looooong essay b4 midday.....Is this the alluta countinua guy?
Ha o mpona oska.....nkatumela!!!!

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
Im not reading all that shit!

Beating bitches since 1982.

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
Cccccccccccoooooollllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
    • View Profile
Im not reading all that shit!
Its quite interesting though...Read it...
Real Recognise Real

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
@Primal Productions

The best shit I've read in a long time. This I plan to read and know by heart, as well as live by it and hope it'll have the same influence on others.

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
You will find it rather difficult to be true to yourself and not disappoint people during the course of your life. Periodically you will be faced with the choice where you can either take your position behind yourself or side with the populist point of view all in the interest of not rubbing people the wrong way. There is a risk to taking your position – you may turn out to be wrong and that can be a rather huge blow to your ego, but what good is the freedom of choice that you are entitled to if you waver it in the name of safety.
As a generation, we are no longer the youth or the children of the nation – we are growing and will soon be the nation. Soon the nation will not be steered by the decisions of our parents but by the decisions ourselves. What choices will you make with your life now that it is you and only you who can back them? With no mommy and daddy to defend you and clean up your mess after you, what is it that you choose to do with this new liberty that you have – this new power? Will you hide it and conceal it from the public so not to lose public favour or will you use it wisely and honourably for the community that raised you?
South Africa is our community – whether you like it or not. Many of us were born here, bred here and taught here. Our nation’s resources were used to feed us food for our bodies, our minds and our spirits. Many of us developed the founding years of our character here and this nation is as much in our blood as the genes of our respective families. What then will we do for this country that mothered hearts and fathered our souls?

Co. Mother. f***ing. Sign.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

K'niep Tang

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-4
  • Wadata!
    • View Profile
Reading this was worth the time. Nice one. I hope the spirit of Colin refrains from haunting this thread.
I'm like a bunch of dynamite sticks - i'm bound to blow
www.myspace.com/tang1632
http://r-senic.blogspot.com

Mrs Jones

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-41
  • Acoustic Soul
    • View Profile
What everybody said!
All my life I had to fight. I loves Harpo, God knows I do. But I'll kill him dead 'fo I let him beat me.

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
I agree with everything you are saying Thato. We all should be able to be responsible and accountable in making this place we call home a better place. As we get older we question things and find ways to make the memory of having being alive - significant.
I do find however that we increasingly live for ourselves. The collective is the other. The collective is elusive. We create barriers all the time.  What does it have to do with me? It is non of my business, I'm tryna just survive. What power do I have anyways?
How do we discover/instill/encourage/inspire that need in people?
This is a start of course, but I just wanna talk about how do you ignite that change/path/direction/  first in individuals and then at community level.

Sosiba

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-3
  • Madzikane kaZulu.
    • View Profile
"It would be so easy to a**ign the role of the enemy to the ‘white man’ but the white man is not the enemy. The enemy is us and our refusal to grow as a people. We spend more time fighting – each other, defending ourselves from the barrage of judgement from those that will never understand and other – than we do building. We spend so much time trying to appear as a First World country we have completely forsaken ourselves. We treat each other like they treat us and try run our nation like they run it. We are not satisfied with being us that we try so hard to be like or even be them – and that is something that will never happen.
No matter how we dress, how we speak, how we act, what we do and where we go, we will never be them. We will always be replicas – an extension of their culture and their civilisation – but we will never be them."

Though I agree that with some of your thoughts/sentiments I need to critisize the above qoute. By saying the enemy is not the white man but is us you seem to be sending us on a fruitless trip that many have hidden behind fancy words such as "soul searching", "finding ourselves" etc. These people often make arguments that the real battle is in the mind and how you see your self, some have extended this to say freedom is a mental state i.e if you think you are free then you are.

I disagree, "circumstance dertemines conscioousness". It is essentially a white driven colonial project that distorted our history and basterdised our cultute resulting in us not viewing our selves as good for ourselves but as good only as far as we are "replicas" of white people. Futher more it is western imperialism that has ensured that Afrika never really gets liberated. Our leaders are forever trying to please foreign (white) investors and neglecting what our people need (note that contrary to economic pop belief, economic growth which results partly from investment does not benefit the ordinary citizens). doing otherwise is said to result in a Zimbabwe. So what I'm saying is that white supremacy is the primary cause of our condition though it is no longer blatant, now hiding itself behind concepts such as economic growth (who runs the economy?), political stabilty (who benefits from it?) and a constitution that "promotes equality but was adopted in the most unequal society in the world".

To conclude, though I appreciate your words the above qoute seems to be telling a slave that "the problem is that you see the thing around your neck as a chain instead of necklace". These are empty words to me that make us "try to make us recognise that the enemy is within us" or whatever. The issue I believe is that we are disadvantaged materially and until we recognise the corollary to this which is that white people are materially advantaged and economically superior (on our labour and stolen land) hence giving them effective superiority on other matters such as politics (yes even though we have black MP's and a black president), culture, religion etc we are missing the point.

Infact I believe that "we fighting each other" (qouting you) is a problem that results from us "seeing ourselves as the enemy" (again qouting, paraphrasing you).Suggesting that we should see ourselves as the enemy you are suggesting the cause of the problem as the solution; a circular trap. We should start seeing the enemy as the system that is white supremacist and all the white people who are beneficiaries of such then we on the right path.
"Why was the worker shot? Because he protested... Why was the negro shot? Because he was there. This is the gratuitous (without cause) violence against Black people that so called pure marxist can't comprehend" Frank Wilderson.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
CAN'T BELIEVE i READ ALL OF THAT. Very well written and very true.

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
CAN'T BELIEVE i READ ALL OF THAT. Very well written and very true.

was thinkin the same thing.  i usually lose interest after the first paragraph
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up