Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

HYPE LOOKING FOR NEW EDITOR

The Myth · 104 · 23825

The Myth

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
read yesterday Sunday's World... job advertisement for new editor...anyone interested???  @last FunGay making an exist.
quot;Whille we out flossin',while we tryna holla at the jawn at the club,while we livin the good life, this mofo is making music" - ?uestlove on Jay Dee

VirginPussy

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-2
    • View Profile
thats nice to hear :lol: ....hopefully candidates wil have betta knowledge of hip hop..no more Kanye-West covaz 'n shyt...100% African compilation cd's be a bonus.....i can see it now....BIGGER THAN HIP-HOP :wink:
 am hell behold!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
That's great news,,, hopefully we can get a publication that properly represents African Hip Hop.

I have no problem with them publishing some news about international Hip Hop,,, but Kanye, Snoop etc on the cover (and articles taking up half the pages inside),,, that just reinforces the (incorrect) idea that our local product is inferior.

Whatever happens, the new editor can only be a major improvement ;)

Sunshine

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
hopefully none of those SAMA award winners in the hiphop category can write.
that way none of them will get the job.

ootz

• DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE OH TEE ZEE
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-0
  • Ootz Tha Afronaut
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ootz85
shit i posted in the wrong thread but since we on the topic of hype

i think it needs to be less of a corporate ploy to actually push gossip n smut to kids while selling their weak little goodies to actually A HIP HOP MAGAZINE.
i also think the phrase "bigger than hiphop" needs to go cos its not true, n its basically a slap in the face for the same market they claim to actually represent when they say "south africas only hiphop magazine"

if your gonna have a hiphop magazne, itd be wise to actually have the majority of the articles written by i dunno HIPHOPPERS.imean it only makes sense.

got more of my grievances ill air later
XO.WITHTANK.COM

Anthony

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +3/-8
  • Wisdom is knowing when you can't be wise!
    • View Profile
mmmhhhh.......interesting

i could influence and manipulate African hiphop on some benzino style :twisted:

hahahahahahahahahahahah. :twisted:  :twisted:

POWER!POWER!more power.
pinky!let's take over the world :twisted:

now  bacxk to my coffin  8)
Chosen

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-4
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
I've always found it hard to believe that our leading hip hop magazine is called HYPE. f***in hell as in "don't believe the".

Now to me that links badly to the looking like a rapper thing.  Read some of the letters in there man that's the new breed.  Kids who all get their lingwa from dorky DJs on Sunday arvies and hip hop pubs called hype.

Now that I'm afraid of.  They give good reviews on a lot of local stuff but their rating system is too lenient on SA rappers and too hard on the international scene.  We can't just give props to someone coz they from around and they gritty. It makes people content to release crap they know they'll get props for. Conflict is the root of life, action and change.

I hope they get somebody who's been involved in different elements of hip hop for some time and someone that can write. I'm tired of this f***ing hip hop and "glam" thing.  It's boring let's grow the movement.  Independently or together.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Yeah,,, it would be nice to have someone who fits the following criteria:

1. They love all forms of Hip Hop

2. They understand the music industry

3. They don't have their own agenda (ie. own a record label/ are someone's manager etc etc)

4. They have a solid history in Hip Hop and they really know what they are talking about

5. They have a strong desire to build South African (& African) Hip Hop

6. They are commited to discovering and showcasing new talent in the whole of South Africa

DAZ aka-Cyfa Lojik (PPL ON THE STREET)

• Daz.-aka-Cyfa.Lojikk
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
viva la revalotion, i second that
hip hop is my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the lines and curl my back to reality-
the beat washes away from my soul the dust of everyday life-
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent!

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Ok , let the nominations start.

I nominate - Ma**Dosage from Hiphop.co.za
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

sunchild

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
:D THE RUGGED MAN!!!!!
.." It takes no courage to be normal , normal is where no heroes live." - B-boy Alien Nas(Flip side kings crew)

N.A 187

• GUNTLK ENT presents
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-11
  • Native "187" a**asin
    • View Profile
    • "Murder he wrote"
Yeah da hell wit Fungayi..i still dont have a track on dat Hype mix, but besides da point we need a magazine dedicaTING ITS TIME TO THE STREETS.

Peace to u and urz
http://
soundclick.com/nativea**asin

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
f*** - i'd even apply for that job if i was into groupies and such. don't think it would sit nicely with the misses as grown a** men wanna be my groupies on some " we'll do anything to get a mention!"

i know a couple of people who do a f***ing sterling job in the editorial stakes - but most of them have jobs that pay way more than that gig could.
My parents said i could be whatever i wanted, so i chose to become an a**hole

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
I know there are many candidates that fit the bill............but I do feel strongly bout this though..........I do feel that Syn should be given a shot at driving the mag a bit and giving it good direction.I dont think he should be Editor-in-chief cause that'd take up too much of his time.........however, he should be utilized as a consultant on a contractual basis.

Dp, ur criteria is very much on-point and added to that, the person must be open-minded and business orientated as well.At the end of it all, the parent company wants to sell units, but at the same time.........the editor should maintain mag credibility.Syn has a knack for combining key elements and hitting a middle ground.I think its a bonus that he's got extensive media experience too.So with this said, what I basically see is someone who can be an editor-in-chief, with mag editorial experience, but also utilizing the advising of someone else looking at the broader picture in terms of credibility, but still having the ability to have the mag appeal to the casual listener and school them, so-to-speak, about the artform in a good way.

Just some insights............that I feel pretty much strongly about.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

“I’m not a star, and I don’t want to be a star. Stars fall. I’m an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

The Myth

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Cape Town campaign,, i see :lol:  :lol:
quot;Whille we out flossin',while we tryna holla at the jawn at the club,while we livin the good life, this mofo is making music" - ?uestlove on Jay Dee