Africasgateway.com

REASON vs FRUITYLOOPS

GudEar · 56 · 15224

LaLindi

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/lindiwe
ya i know i felt the same, letīs drop it.. let the topic flow, you and me can debate another time 1 luv..  :wink:
img]http://myspace-806.vo.llnwd.net/00704/60/89/704049806_l.jpg[/img]

www.myspace.com/zuluent

Visit ZULU ENT for the latest in fresh Hip Hop n RnB!!!!!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
damn,,, i was just getting into that sissy slap fight,,, who cares about reason vs fruity anyway?! ;)

syc

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
:roll: use what your most comfortable wit man. you can make killer shix wit both. theres so many things one needs to learn about production. look at d planet. he's like 48 years old and still learnin :D we all Are.

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
Quote from: "syc"
:roll:  look at d planet. he's like 48 years old and still learnin :D we all Are.

Ha ha... yo,can somebody answer my question above dammit!
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-9
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nduduzof
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Marco Polo - Marquee ft O.C.
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys
Something Bout Love - The Main Ingredient

I stay on top like eXponents - AQ

Dokter

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
So to get back 2 the topic...

This might surprise a few, but I use both Reason & FL studio (not Fruityloops). I use them equally when you consider the entire lifecycle of producing a track - from composing to recording to editing to mixing to mastering...

Also, it depends on your samples - Reason has better samples that comes with the package, but I feel Fruity is much easier to use. That doesn't mean Fruity is worse - get quality samples and that's not an argument anymore.
You gotta weigh up strengths and weaknesses.

Something to think about: It's easier to get better samples for FL (us beatmakers and produces like to get our own anyay) than to make the application (Reason) easier to use... unless u a guru or something.

So I don't have an opinion on the Reason vs Fruityloops thing. Everyone has their preference.

ootz

• DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE OH TEE ZEE
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-0
  • Ootz Tha Afronaut
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ootz85
FL SAMPLES SUCK, AND THEY SUCK HARD

but so does reason's 8)
XO.WITHTANK.COM

syc

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Personly i use cubase to export my stuff outta reason. if you ennui have reason 3 i say its a must to export via a rewire host. and sadly you cant export each track seperately sucks ne?

The Myth

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote from: ootz
FL SAMPLES SUCK, AND THEY SUCK HARD

but so does reason's 8)

FL____mechanical, industrial sounds mos def bullllshit. annoying. i think FL was invented for Electronik, dance music or something....

reason a lil' better...Rex loops n shit. drum kits very nice.

chop chop!!!
quot;Whille we out flossin',while we tryna holla at the jawn at the club,while we livin the good life, this mofo is making music" - ?uestlove on Jay Dee

DJ_Nastie_Ed

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Quote from: "syc"
Personly i use cubase to export my stuff outta reason. if you ennui have reason 3 i say its a must to export via a rewire host. and sadly you cant export each track seperately sucks ne?

of course you can...just solo each channel and export one at a time. SO it takes 5mins longer but thats not a big deal IMHO

biz-ark-human

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Corporate Nemesis on bandcamp
And here goes my five cents' worth...

Cubase SX is king, period!!! No further questions on dat, case closed :evil: .

Coming in as a close second is Nuendo (f*** a version, I'm still on Nuendo 1 - released March 2 2000  :D ). Nuendo 3 is cool, but the interface is fancy apparently, and dat doesn't go down well with me.)

The reason i don't use Reason (oh yea, pun intended) is because of all dat fancy interface...I mean, really! But the sound quality is killa, which brings me to another point...FL studio's output is killa on a good soundcard (Maya, etc), so there!

I prefer Acid for one reason...it's a freakin' virgin wall waiting to be tagged with all sorts of abnormal art, a [insert appropriate word, my vocab fails me :) ] hungry for paint, all forms of paint. I'm sorry, but this program, although ignored by many, rox my boat. It's so versatyl, ish ain't funny.

This other cat made me listen to what one can do on Reason and all, but Acid - to me at least - is dope.

To round off my mumblings, IT ALL COMES DOWN TO PREFERENCE...i know i'm way off topic (supposed to be answering the FL vs. Reason thingy???)... And...

Quote from: "Ootz"
WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT USE THE FL STUDIO PACKS, THEY SUCK!!

...they REALLY do :(

ps.
Quote from: "Dplanet"
A lot of the 'quality' of a track comes down to the EQing and mixing anyway,,,

nuff sed