Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

HYPE MAG:f*** DPLANET

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Yo! whats up guys, im knew here i never knew about this forum until i saw it on Hype.Any way its on the f*** THAT SHIT ARTICLE:
it goes like this;

"D PLANET FROM AFRICA'S GATEWAY FOR
TRYING TO TRASH HYPE ALL THE TIME.
WE HAVE SINCE REALISED THAT EAGLES
SHOULD NOT a**OCIATE WITH CHICKENS
BECAUSE THE LATTER CANT FLY.YOU ARE
A FAILED,BITTER CHICKEN WITH NO VISIBLE
ACCOLADES IN HIP HOP.ROCK 'N' ROLL IS
BECKONING.

TO all the haters of hype whats with the playa hatin,represent.I LUV the mag,but their CD'S STARTED TO BE STRAIGHT WACK FROM VOLUME 4 TO 9.
I respect that  Fung.. the editor, i remember in one of his previous issues he said"The power is within you(hip hop artists) to create that presence for your products.Moaning,grumbling and complaining about international artists getting the shine on hype.What we actually need are own jay-z's who mastered the art of business from their street days as drug peddlers,hence they have been bizness people who are smart and look out for their backs in any given situation."This guy is something,represent.

My feelings on the Mzantsi rap artists:why they dont sell more records,

1.First things first,how many artist have fan websites i dont believe this shit,less than 2% yet they keep on reminding us "support us guys",f*** THAT SHIT,if i belive the artist's music is dope ima cop it like i coped Prokid,proverb,Tuks, and Blood money'sMobb deep

2.Most albums you'll find that there are 2 to 3 tracks that are good,the rest are straight wack.Artists must create a cla**ic album,when i put on that CD i mustnt press skip everytime.

3.Oh my gosh! last night! on TV i saw this Mbhanqanga artist,who sold 350 000 copies of his album.Guys its possible to sell those kinds of records with a low or tight budget,Create fan websites to interact with fans,go to primary,junior,high school and varsities market their product,free shows,distribute few free albums and word on the street spread like fire,produce a mixtape b4 your album is out so that people can know your shit.Example is Zubs produced a mixtape b4 his album came,and he admitted that he would have never sold those kind of records if he did not produce that mixtape.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Maybe you shyould write for HYPE?... I know they're always looking for writers & it looks like you've got something to say.. :wink:

P.S. We already started to discuss this here:

http://www.africasgateway.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11611&highlight=hype

yes damien I know I'm  librarian at heart.. :twisted:

Addendum by DJ_Nastie_Ed on 12/6/2006.

The Topic is locked and I don't know how to unlock it. (Recommend unlocking it - why squelsh dialogue?)

The unfounded and childish opinions expressed by Hype magazine do nothing but showcase HYPE's lack of journalistic integrity, research and objectivity. It oozes immature angst and sad sad insecurity. It is this writer's suggestion that the person responsible try bolster their self-esteem or relax - preferably both. Sex might help.

But to balance the arguments and clarify on this here for simplicity and summation (source topics available in forum), the following exchange between 'Tha Truth' and 'Dplanet'.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tha truth wrote:
D planet your projects that are always 'coming soon' were are they sold again?

As you asked...

I think you can find 'Heads and Tales' by Pro Kid in Look & Listen, Musica etc.

You can buy 'Nomadsland' by Trusenz at CD Baby & Tower Records - http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/trusenz ,,, or you can download it from iTunes (and various other digital download services).

'Sick Spirits' by Black Mist was on the SL Magazine compilation CD (December 05), as was 'Spitfire' by Trusenz.

You'll have to holla at Sensai Tate for availability of the Hiphocalypse Remix Tape.

'B. Sharpa' by Ben Sharpa (aka Kaptin from Groundworks) launch party (sponsored by SABC) is the 15th June in J-Sect and 16th June in Cape Town, featuring performances by Writers Block, Archetypes, Jonzi-D and Wordsworth. Not sure where that will be on sale yet.

Middle Finga is negotiating a deal for 'Phuncuka Bembamba'. Will keep you posted on that one.

Archetypes are in talks with Ju-Ju Records in Sweden about their first full length album 'Aluta Continua' (working title),,, I'll also keep you posted on that one too.

The 'Drudge Dialect' project (featuring KONFAB, Snazz D, Archetypes, Writers Block, Hympatic Thabs etc) has been lying dormant for a while, but I'm in the process of registering it with SAMRO this week. Will post availability here soon.

Hopefully 'One of Millions' by Goddaz (http://www.goddaz.com) will make it on to his album in the UK.

Other than that,,, Trusenz will be warming up for Slum Village and Afrika Bambaataa in Estonia in June. We're negotiating a sponsorship deal for his video 'Go Against Us' which you'll be seeing on a tv channel near you soon. We've also begun pre-production on Trusenz's second album,,, hopefully will be released independently later this year.

I'm not comparing myself to the other producers you mentioned, all of whom I have great respect for,,, but I think I have earned the right to have my say about about the editor of magazine that supposedly represents a form of music that I have been actively involved with for more than 20 years.
+ Phuncuka Bembamba - Middle Finga
+ Aluta Continua - Archetypes
+ Video for 'Go Against Us' by Trusenz

Last edited by Dplanet on Wed May 31, 2006 3:38 pm; edited 5 times in total

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
mr librarian,,, get your shit straight,,, it damian, not damien  :!: :)

ps. how do you lock and unlock threads?

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Quote from: "Dplanet"
mr librarian,,, get your shit straight,,, it damian, not damien  :!: :)

ps. how do you lock and unlock threads?

I just unlocked and locked it now.Pretty simple.U can see the "lock" or "unlock" icon at the bottom of the thread.

Btw, isnt Damien that boy from The Omen? :twisted:  :lol:
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

“I’m not a star, and I don’t want to be a star. Stars fall. I’m an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "Rip_the_jacker"
Yo! whats up guys, im knew here i never knew about this forum until i saw it on Hype.Any way its on the f*** THAT SHIT ARTICLE:
it goes like this;

BECKONING.

TO all the haters of hype whats with the playa hatin,represent.I LUV the mag,but their CD'S STARTED TO BE STRAIGHT WACK FROM VOLUME 4 TO 9.
I respect that  Fung.. the editor, i remember in one of his previous issues he said"The power is within you(hip hop artists) to create that presence for your products.Moaning,grumbling and complaining about international artists getting the shine on hype.What we actually need are own jay-z's who mastered the art of business from their street days as drug peddlers,hence they have been bizness people who are smart and look out for their backs in any given situation."This guy is something,represent.

Firstly, let me welcome you to AG Rip_the_jacker. Shame you had to hear about it like you did, but there's no such thing as bad publicity I guess.

Secondly,,, there are no 'haters' on AG, just people with a legitimate concern for the music they love and how it is represented by the media, especially media that claims to be representing what they love.

Thirdly, I personally have never 'tried to trash' Hype. I have had my say about certain issues, but if anything I have been supportive of the magazine (as anyone who had bother to read what I have written would know).

Fourthly; 'Eagles?' They can't seriously be talking about themselves! I'm not trying to make myself out to be anything I'm not,,, but I make Hip Hop, they write about it (and not very well) - 'vultures' would be a better analogy. As for having 'failed',,, I've hardly even got started - we can talk about who has failed in 10 years time. I've been in this music for the love of it for more than 20 years - I've actively participated in almost every aspect of Hip Hop (except MCing) since the beginning. I don't make Hip Hop for accolades, but Pro Kid (who I did some production for) was nominated for three different SAMAS this year. And as for being 'bitter',,, I haven't got anything to be bitter about. If Hype are trying to make out that I'm 'hating' on them because they don't feature my work, they couldn't be more wrong. My success or failure will be down to me and the artists I work with, not down to their magazine and their petty beef.

If Fungayi thinks that he is successfully fulfilling his role at Hype by starting beef, he couldn't be more wrong. This industry needs support and upliftment not petty squabbles. Maybe sales are down and he needs to create some attention, hoping that more people will make Hype diss tracks? Maybe he's trying to get his shine by taking rappers to court for dissing him? Who knows.

I look forward to Hype's new editor taking over so that I can continue to support their publication.

[Sorry for boring everyone with this subject]

Simon the Contractor

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/absolutediction
Don't worry D Planet. All will be good once Mr Bozack is the HYPE editor... no more wingless chickens: we'll all flyyy...
ww.myspace.com/absolutediction

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Mr. Bozack has officially taken himself out of the running for the position,,, unless you know something i don't

king daniel

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/danielinfluence
yo d can you send me them beats again we can do it electronically hit me on jiggybongs@gmail.com
when friends are dark days are few

Simon the Contractor

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/absolutediction
Quote from: "Dplanet"
Mr. Bozack has officially taken himself out of the running for the position,,, unless you know something i don't

I dont know why he did that
ww.myspace.com/absolutediction

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Rip_the_jacker"
it goes like this;

BECKONING.

My feelings on the Mzantsi rap artists:why they dont sell more records,

1.First things first,how many artist have fan websites i dont believe this shit,less than 2% yet they keep on reminding us "support us guys",f*** THAT SHIT,if i belive the artist's music is dope ima cop it like i coped Prokid,proverb,Tuks, and Blood money'sMobb deep

2.Most albums you'll find that there are 2 to 3 tracks that are good,the rest are straight wack.Artists must create a cla**ic album,when i put on that CD i mustnt press skip everytime.

3.Oh my gosh! last night! on TV i saw this Mbhanqanga artist,who sold 350 000 copies of his album.Guys its possible to sell those kinds of records with a low or tight budget,Create fan websites to interact with fans,go to primary,junior,high school and varsities market their product,free shows,distribute few free albums and word on the street spread like fire,produce a mixtape b4 your album is out so that people can know your shit.Example is Zubs produced a mixtape b4 his album came,and he admitted that he would have never sold those kind of records if he did not produce that mixtape.
Yo Personally to me it sounds like you contridicting yourself first you preach about us having to make good music and then have fan websites, and that we should drop quality but yet you go and copy an artists cd that has worked hard to get shit done and you break it all down by coping the cd. If you dont like an album dont buy it and dont copy rather get the hype mag (Unless you also copy that cd as well!) and hear that one track that you like for only R14.95 . We all compaine about quality and that we want this then we want that, Rather make an announcement here to that artists and tell him to up his game or you an't listening to his shit. Not every artist can afford to get shit master by Jazz worxx or any other major company be grateful that we even can make music. Piracy will f*** up the industry if you can afford for it the logic is to save for it, we are all hip-hop heads in here so lets support one another and Build it Up for thefuture hip-hop heads.
Peace Explicit