Africasgateway.com

OH NO - THE NEXT DILLA?

Tek · 3 · 1341

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
The Question

What do ya'll think? I don't think anybody can ever replace Dilla, but this dood got something going, i expected him to sound like Mad, but was surprised when i got hold of disruption, kid got mad talent, he aint event tryna sound like madlib, that joint the Getaway, shit got me thinking this cat could take over from Dilla and keep this rapshit alive. What do ya'll think?

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
If I'm not mistaken Dilla did a little production on that album too, as well as Madlib.Havent heard it myself.I have heard a few of his stuff and he's pretty good.I think another 2 years and he'll be a force for sure.As for taking over from Dilla, not likely.I think he'll forge his own way and may come up with a vibe that Dilla was able to conjure.He's good though, I will give him that, for sure.Lets see in 2 years or slightly less.With Mad on his side..........he cant go wrong.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

“I’m not a star, and I don’t want to be a star. Stars fall. I’m an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

The Myth

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
damn im making a habit of helping u cats,, anyways. i started a thread on that nigga a fu weeks ago. he's nice. definetly not trynna be Otis at all. and says something about that on the intro track i think..

download The Disrupt album..

LINK REMOVED/download/oh-no-the-disrupt-zip.html

came out in 2004, but for some stupid reason it never really gat a big buzz.

@Tek,, the Getaway joint..sickness. that chick..Stacy Epps also featured on Madvilliany, track "Eye" its like a minute or so joint. she also part of Sol Uprising,, its her and Lil' Sci (of Scienz of Life)

myth1
quot;Whille we out flossin',while we tryna holla at the jawn at the club,while we livin the good life, this mofo is making music" - ?uestlove on Jay Dee