Africasgateway.com

Superman Returns

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
This shit was very underwhelming for my liking Superman needs to fight a MAJOR villain in the next movie and nobody is more major than

Mahf***in darkseid!!

That not good enough for ya?

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
When I heard that they got some Pantsy a** Soap Star to play the man of Steel I knew we were in trouble.

+ how about that whole kid storyline? Thats spitting in the face of the comic legend that clearly state that NO way a Krytonian can bear offspring of homo-sapien womb.
Bullspit bullspit bullspit!
 :x

& by the way the next villian clearly has to be DOOMSDAY. Death of Superman is the only adaptable storyline that could redeem the franchise IMO.

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Sensai_Tate"
When I heard that they got some Pantsy a** Soap Star to play the man of Steel I knew we were in trouble.

+ how about that whole kid storyline? Thats spitting in the face of the comic legend that clearly state that NO way a Krytonian can bear offspring of homo-sapien womb.
Bullspit bullspit bullspit!
 :x

& by the way the next villian clearly has to be DOOMSDAY. Death of Superman is the only adaptable storyline that could redeem the franchise IMO.

Word or they could adapt the arc from when darkseid tried to invade earth and leave doomsday for a third movie  :wink:

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
^Besides those I would love to see Luthor's robots and Braniac invading earth, theres so much shit to work with

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Hmmmnn maybe Brainiac...but if they threw Luther in the mix as the Ores of the US that wouldgo down. Only problem is I'm sure it wouldnt fly in conservative/ patriotic middle America.

Apparently they are headed for a Superman vs Batman movie as the third installment. If so I can't wait to see the boyscout get his a** whooped by the dark knight vigilante himself!

As for the movie I watched in IMAX 3D & even the spectacle of a major movie in 3D that couldnt mask the lack of a decent plot. Isht was too Hollywood! Guess thats what happens when you entrust a non-comic geek with a major comic adaptation.

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Sensai_Tate"

As for the movie I watched in IMAX 3D & even the spectacle of a major movie in 3D that couldnt mask the lack of a decent plot. Isht was too Hollywood! Guess thats what happens when you entrust a non-comic geek with a major comic adaptation.

With that said tate can you imagine how craptastic it would have been if Brett ratner had been kept as director  :evil:  :evil: I'm in a cold sweat just thinking about it 8O

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
uuuh pleeeeeez, what did yall expect.. its FREAKIN SUPERMAN! Its always the same person, same ol cliche storyline (spiderman, spiderman 2, batman returns).. evidently this shi is for dedicated longterm fans only..

I gave up on superhuman strength ESP typa heroes wen i grew old enuff to realize that they didnt exist (much to my GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT) so Shaka Zulu is my favorite superhero(and his arch-enemy Thee WhyTeMAn).. or how about superman in Zulu, Xhosa, Shona, Ndebele..

Tarirai mudenga, ishiri here, indege here, hayi, ndi-supaman.. (nuh)

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
In 1996, Jon Peters, the producer behind the first two Batman movies has gained control of the project. Tim Burton is in talks to direct, cult writer & director and self-confessed comic nut Kevin Smith (Clerks, Dogma) gets hold of the rights to pen the script and Nicholas Cage (Con Air, Face/Off) is in talks to play the title character. The plan was to base the movie on the Superman Lives comic arc which featured the death and resurrection of the Man Of Steel.

I like the story & writer save for the idea of Cage as Superman...Think us geeks would have been more impressed by that storyline.

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
i ressurected this thread just to rant....

kak kak kak ( south african for shit)
worst superman movie ever.i got a copy dvd and so glad i didnt waste my money on it.
time warner can kiss my a** for this one.
c'mon how in the heck could they get lois pregnant off clark?
did the writers etc just get creative amnesia and toss out decades of plot just to give us this kak?

and they say this new supes could serve as the icon 4 another 20yrs.
sorry , with hoe fickle  kids these days are?not with a plot like THIS.

why the / what the f!!!!!!!!??????.....aggh nevermind.

ps - just cant see cage as superman - too gaunt / skinny 4 my likes.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
Ol Boy-scout-in-a-jockstrap never been one of my fave meta-humans really.
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

the brand®

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-14
  • PAINT (25-03-11)
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/childakapoet

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
Sensai_Tate wrote: