Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Syntactic's Home Brew Show!!!

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Props to Syn for another tight Home Brew show this eve.Is there any way we as the listening public can email the powers that be at GHfm to ask them to perhaps extend the Homebrew slot to at least 45minutes?I mean, its such a tight slot in the show and gives ma**ive exposure.Let us know on this aspect.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-17
    • View Profile
firstly. what was the lineup like. quit the hors deuvres bra. why was it tight. got me feeling deaf and blind.  

and then. why do they need to be convinced to extend a segment of local music. what is the argument. or what was the basis for the initial time.
- soul activist. poet. flower. fairy -

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
I'm gonna be makin some changes in the show so I've decided to use the next two or three weeks to look back at the best tracks to ever be on the Home Brew since its inception three years ago...

Craig Kallis - Superfantabulous
Supadan - Wish You Were Here
Ancient Men - Rebel
Kallitz - Uit Die Belville
pro-Kid - Soweto

All except the Pro-Kid, were 1st time plays on radio anywhere in the world, i got Soweto 10 days after it first played in J-sec. it is the beginnign of a look back to motivate a move forward
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • View Profile
tell me syn. is the home brew strictly a local hip hop segment. or do you include other genres.
also i would like to know how much music you receive from the female hustlers. how much of that content involves the ladies. beyond lets say a jamali. (that is is you play other genres).

i mean im far from home you know and i dont know what the current format of the show is.

im curious. lets have this talk.

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Exclusively hip hop? FAR FROM IT... roze you know my feelings on heads... I've always been open to anything of quality from anyone... like tonite's line-up the 1st two tracks were sort of jazzy neo-soul...
Its unfortunate but i've never really received much content from female artists, other than Mmaphuti and Adrenalina and Godessa and this a**ociate of G-sus's, Clairvoyant (just so you know I played it got some feedback sent it upstairs and heard nothing...to G-sus).
But my constant annoyance is how slowly or not at all I get content from artists... there really is NO hustle, or i hear from peeps once and then never again... its not in my nature to spend eternity searching for these people.
The cats in GP supposed to have all the hustle but i suppose none of them feel like they need promotion in CPT, cos I don't get jack that I don't chase, same goes for EC cats..
I've got a large collection of stuff now from the last two and a half yaers, but the last 6-8 months have been mad slow as far as content is concerned, its mostly hip hop but i've got funk, jazz, r&b, soul and blends.

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • View Profile
is adrenalina still pushing thats nice. is she back from angola.
i know claire. shes up here aswell.  

i think perhaps the problem is not so much that people arent interested in hustling. how many of them know they have you as an option. though i a**ume it could be said that to be a hustler is to know. is to know what to do. to know who and how.  

its just that im trying to figure out if we're sleeping or if. for some reason. which must be explored. information channels are restricted on our side see.  

and then at good hope. what does it take for a song to become part of the playlisting. who makes that decision. and like the other stations. are the djs opinion overlooked.

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Well, Supadan isnt totally hip hop and Craig Kallis is more jazz/funk.So its a cross genre segment strictly of SA music.To be honest, not much music from female artists on the show.And the door is open to that, I know.I would appreciate more female vox too, but the lady hustlers gotta get on the grind and submit the material.

Roze, where's ur material?We fiending already...........salivating is more appropriate wording, I think.Seriously.........when u dropping an EP or something?

的知 not a star, and I don稚 want to be a star. Stars fall. I知 an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • View Profile
* eeeck the pressure *

i need a producer maddstone. i need help. someone who can help me figure out the mess in my head. see if im making sense. or tell me to quit it and stay in school.
so im beaming from my centre. like come.

what i will do is tell the other women i come across about you guys as a channel. people are doing things out there. theres a whole movement. and they need our support.

lets diversify the landscape.

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Well I got the Adrenalina stuff from Phuti, I've never met the angolan lady.
Well there is a music dept. and as a dj, I can push for a track but the final decision isn't mine but if I can rally a couple of jocks we can make it happen, its just that for me to push hard its nice to know the artist is invested in drukking as hard as me... a sense of "I'm here and I'm appreciative and I have the pa**ion of my convictions".. that makes me want to work for the artist.

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • View Profile
is syns address up on AG somewhere. maybe a post box ad or something.  where people can send him their stuff. without having to do the tedious pming thing. just have an address people can easily access. whether they are regulars or not. is it up. and im being my usual slow self.

if not. that must be done.

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Its been up in a number of threads, but beyond that... as a mod could you point me in the right direction to get it somewhere slightly more long term.....

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Yeah, do info ppl bout this network down here.The more ppl know, the more music can get out there.The more quality can filter thru, the more hustling can take place...........etc.,etc.

As for u needing a producer, there should be a good few ur way right?Well, if all else fails, I could put on my producer hat and exec produce an EP.....I think it may come out pretty well too.First u gotta tap into what u feeling right now.Whats bubbling within at present.Thats u right now.That is what should come out.

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • View Profile
it seems to me you need to hook it up on 'submit news'. which looks rather self explanatory. and hey enough space to also just let them know how fabulous you are. chuckle.
and i suppose as news changes. i can just keep checking that its refreshed.

but ive hollered at milk if there is anyway that i dont know.

perhaps we need a section for that kind of thing. like a pointers in the right direction space. info. things you need to know type thing. the who. and where. and how.
may very well be that it exists. and i dont know. we'll all find out.

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • View Profile
im at who is me phase. hard work hey. shyt. what are trying to do. why and how.

learning to listen to the self.

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
honestly Roe you think too much sometimes... you need to just stop forming words in your head for a lil bit... we know you all deep and poetic, you need to accept what you are at first glance b4 you go gettin deep and very often looken so deep slows you down from doin anythin else, get yo house in order first...