Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

affirmative action

kiddiex · 47 · 15374

Muzic

• REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
You should understand that Coloureds and Indians were catered for in the apartheid goverment, so that means that coloureds and indians are  generally better of.Cats u know you was catered for, remember the parliment that catered 4 indians & coloureds.Do you know what they did to the blacks just less than a decade before that, they sent them to f***en homesteads where there's no natural resources, no reliable sources of water and in summary no f***en room for development. On top of that they made structured black curriculum so as to prepare the black man for a subordinate role in the economy of this country. They were so good with the shit that it actually worked. That's why you find that around 90% of the white matriculants make their way to university while their black counterparts only manage about 30% OK . So don't f***en moan about, "We f***en got dealt a bad hand." okay. Go to the private sector and you will see how boere/crackers get the name tag of engineer with Standard 8 as their highest qualification. And then come back and moan about the BEE. It's not working perfectly, but the principle behind it was f***en right, OK. So f*** you, whoever you are but I know for sure that you are not black, but you are not white either so find yourself a f***en home OK.
ction speaks louder than words, so they say. My mouth is the gate to my soul so I'll keep talking.

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
(PLZ FIND THIS POST ADDRESSED TO SUNSHINE AND ABOVE, JUST SAW THIS JOKERS POST AND BRA YOU'RE A CLa**IC EXAMPLE OF HOW A LITTLE BIT OF INFORMATION IN THE HANDS OF SUM1 WHO DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT IS A DANGEROUS THING. :roll: )

I should be able to get you a bull-whip.. but it will be expensive.. they are made by hand.. also they aren't all that easy to use, being between 3.5 and 4.3 metres long and all. You'll need probly about six hours of lessons and a whole bunch of practise... from personal experience the learning process is trial by fire cos you will sting yourself alot, and you will bleed. Bull-whips are hectic weapons, experts can cut your earlobe off with a well placed stroke and beyond their incisive power, you can break a limb clean with a single stroke 8O  and the crack is one hell of a demotivator. If you're seriously intersted let me know, I have a some very intersting friends.

Now I dont agree wit how Gio Vahk or Kiddiex approached their grievance, as a coloured male who has worked very smart ( i dont do that working hard thing) to make a good living, BUT I also don't apprecite your approach Sunshine.
Gio and Kiddie, i cant take you guys seriously because while your point of incitement is one which does come with a certain amount of empirical evidence, you make sweeping generalisations and emotional outbursts which weaken your point... many people of all races feel disenfranchised by the current state of affairs... I know as many Xhosa/Zulu/SHangaan who are angry that they cant find work as coloureds... I'm always shocked when i repeatedly hear them talk about "at least when the Afrikaner was in charge we could find work", but that comes from ignorance and a lack of understanding of the opportunities on offer for those who are willing... NO DOUBT its hard to make ends meet, but now you have to be willing to make your own way, for so long South Africans were used to having their lives mapped out for them by the Apartheid governemnt and if you insist on being a sheep, you deserve to be led to slaughter. There are many dedicated people trying to make employment equity work, my wife is one of them, and the processes are being adjusted for higher efficiency everyday, the main problem tends to be that the people in charge of the final decisions in terms of equitable hiring are the same people who were in charge during apartheid, but change takes along time and I'm a firm believer that if you're unsatisfied, the onus is on you to change things.

Sunshine, i'm sure you have a clear grasp of all the factors at play here, you know trying to make your point by burying it under insults is just plain stupid, and dare i say it below you. :?
Gio and Kiddie took it to race so quick cos I honestly don't believe they know any better, btu you do, all you do by furthering that ugly argument is cement their faulty opinions, now they can point at you and go "see, the blacks get all defensive, like they got something to hide.." And how does that help anything. i'm sure you got your job cos you were top of your cla** and thats a feather in your cap, my marks were f***ing fantastic when i started but steadily deteriorated cos i realised my acumen transcended academia. And I understand humans are so much more than clinical reason, but enlightenment is best delivered cool and palatable. So don't climb that high horse if you feelin hormonal, you just weaken your own rep.

Personally I believe in the principles of employment equity and I acknowledge that it has serious hurdles in that the people at the top don't want it to succeed, but when has that ever mattered to sum1 who is determined enuff, if they play dirty, play dirtier.
BEE is another kettle of fish, because it isn't the same thing as AA, the pure theory of it is beautiful, just like every political system looks great on paper, the realitites of human greed and their seemingly inherent duplicitous nature keep throwing spanners in the works....

The process only becomes a failure if we stop working at it, same goes for the country...

And I know this was on the other thread on Mfecane or the Zuma case, but where sunchild talks about how we need to just get rid of money and all our problems will vanish?!! 8O  :? Plz brutha pa** what you smokin, that sort of idealism is what makes Chinese dissidents think setting fire to themselves is gonna change the status quo there anytime soon.
Pray tell, oh wise one, how the world, or supposedly simpler, our national economy seperates itself from the concept of money and returns to a barter system, without a ma**ive cycle of bloodshed and mayhem which makes us all easy pickins for the current big dogs... thanks chum, your grand idea opens the door to colonialism all over again.. and yes I know we live under a state of societal colonialism already, but your pipe-dream could well result in this country surrendering its soveriegnty by default to anybody with a kayak who paddles on over 8O
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

3000 BC

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Quote from: "childakapoet"

up my grades?
the more i up my grades the harder it is to get employed.

ENDZI

How true this is, and by the way this is where the contradiction lies.

In reality, AA doesn't necessarily always work for 'brainy blacks'. More

often than not, white owned companies, masked with black faces use us 4

a good AA status, using black employees or 'partners' as puppets, in

which case , we all know....they don't really own sh*t.

In such cases,  when one applies for a position in such a company,

one runs str8 into the trap.   :lol: And let's not forget there r still a lot of

companies that have whites holding 'top of the hiercachy' managerial

positions, and believe me they do hold on for dear life. This is when it

becomes harder for highly qualified/ intelligent black people to get

positions. The more qualified u are, the more of a threat you are to your

white, immediate 'superiors'. After all in such cases, they are not really

looking for you coz you're skilled and intelligent, they are looking for you

so you can help them make their company meet up the AA equity

regulations. They don't want a 'know-it-all top black', they're just looking

for a pawn.

So yeh people, pleeeease: DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!

My opinion: get yours, self-establish and keep rising, feet on the ground, head beyond the skies!!

DJ_Nastie_Ed

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Quote from: "syntactic"
Sunshine, i'm sure you have a clear grasp of all the factors at play here, you know trying to make your point by burying it under insults is just plain stupid, and dare i say it below you. :?
Gio and Kiddie took it to race so quick cos I honestly don't believe they know any better, btu you do, all you do by furthering that ugly argument is cement their faulty opinions, now they can point at you and go "see, the blacks get all defensive, like they got something to hide.." And how does that help anything. i'm sure you got your job cos you were top of your cla** and thats a feather in your cap, my marks were f***ing fantastic when i started but steadily deteriorated cos i realised my acumen transcended academia. And I understand humans are so much more than clinical reason, but enlightenment is best delivered cool and palatable. So don't climb that high horse if you feelin hormonal, you just weaken your own rep.

I spent about about 45 minutes yesterday drafting an expression of this sentiment - failing to do so eloquently enough... and the fact that half way through I got a bit too stoned, I gave up. Thanks eeshaam. Succinctly put as always.

Sunshine

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
SYNTACTIC

Your rebuke is deserved. I don't normally shout and use the word idiot in public. I agree with what you say. All of it. I'm of your type of thinking.

Because this is an internet forum, I took the liberty to for once let go of my cool. Just to let you know, 'complainers' make me angry. I want to show an emotional response towards people who whinge in a country that has suffered like ours. So I will vent my anger every now and again. I don't believe that 'rational' doesn't come with the word f*** every now and again, and CAPS LOCK to make my point.

I apologised to childakapoet. So hopefully that was resolved. (Sorry again). Ok,  i didn't apologise to the person who started this thread because I actually don't care too much given the types of comments they made.  If they want me to apologise, I can't say that I'd mean it.

There's no need for you to pull the 'hormonal' line just because i'm female. I'm pretty sure men feel the need to 'not be cool'. Let's not fall back on gender stereotypes. I can't remember ever saying angry man was acting 'hormonal'.

Other than that, I don't believe I insulted any specific person as much as I added  a muthaf***er so some deaf niggas could hear me.

This shit is political. Black women need to once and for just stop cowing down and not loudly proclaiming their achievements.

So don't confuse my acknowledgement of my own, and my friends achievements as 'climbing the high horse'. If you're competent, then for heaven's sake just say it. Why should I not say it? There's stuff I can't do. I admit that.

But why diminish, understate our worth in the face of an unprovoked, uninformed conservative backlash? Give me one good reason why we shouldn't remind them that we're hired because of our competence.

Its a funny experience when less progressive white colleagues complain that black colleagues are 'arrogant' as soon as you raise your voice. Which is usually never heard, your voice which is usually accomodating, compromising and listening to their conservative backwash.

I acknowledge that you articulate the sentiments I hold -  minus a few rude words and expletives.  I am not writing an academic paper on this forum.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
I was going to blindly say that I totally support AA,,, and then I went and did a bit of research. I found so many reports saying that it hadn't worked in the States (and various other places). None of these reports actually changed my mind however,,, I still believe that imbalances have to be redressed. Like Syn pointed out, no political theory is perfect when exposed to the chaos of human life. Some people are going to abuse the system and some people are going to feel cheated.

The very nature of AA is that it has to be 'unfair' in order to fulfil bigger, more important goals. Ethically I have no problem with this. As a white male in South Africa, my self-taught skills are always gonna get me paid - it's my responsibility to ensure this,,, I'm not looking for any government or corporate hand-outs.

It's good to have heated debate. It's good to be skeptical. It's good to hold those in power to account. However, if you want to live (and work) in South Africa, you need to keep the big picture in mind.

BEE on the other hand,,, it doesn't seem like that has worked out very well  :cry:

3000 BC

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dplanet
As a white male in South Africa, my self-taught skills are always gonna get me paid - it's my responsibility to ensure this,,, I'm not looking for any government or corporate hand-outs.

Well said, D Planet, I hope many will learn from this.

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Sunshine"

There's no need for you to pull the 'hormonal' line just because i'm female. I'm pretty sure men feel the need to 'not be cool'. Let's not fall back on gender stereotypes. I can't remember ever saying angry man was acting 'hormonal'.

Ok my bad... I tend to seek reactions by being mean rather than angry...... BTW you not interested in getting that bull-whip?
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

the brand®

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-14
  • PAINT (25-03-11)
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/childakapoet
Quote from: Sunshine
childaka,
What i really want is that whip....

8O  :idea:  :P
ive been a baaaaad baaad bad boy :D

Azgod

• Guppie
    • View Profile
yo, dudes please chill with all the racism and self petty it sounds childish at best. complaining is no way to get your point across. u niggas should grow up. but i agree with the, no-one has the guts to stand up to the ANC thing. that is realer than real.
f hip hop should be anything, it should be everything.

Sunshine

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
i want the whip but i feel to conservative to actually get one...

what western film media has done to corrupt our pure black minds

churchofthe latterdayLatte

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-4
    • View Profile
---I want to show an emotional response towards people who whinge---

careful with that 'whinge' word sunshine...ask old charlie nqakula what happenned the last time he called people whingers...a bunch of cops got shot up in a house less than two weeks later...proving that crime IS out of control in this country...karma karma...dont find yourself eating your words when we have an internal insurgency on our hands in 10 year's time because we have failed to cater for those who are relegated to the fringes by our systems

though I firmly believe AA and BEE need to go on as long as they needs to, to balance things out, it is dangerous to ignore grievances...these mutate into dissent

Sunshine

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
i think all south africans born before 1994 need to go for mandatory group therapy....

im not joking

have you ever come across a nation so deeply wounded...

we need group therapy....

churchofthe latterdayLatte

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-4
    • View Profile
---no-one has the guts to stand up to the ANC---

not true...i've done it lots of times and those comrades love me for it...even if its not concomitant chief

...but i must admit there tends to prevail that feeling of eternal gratitude for liberation that comes over black south africans (and africans in general) that strips them of the ability to ask the necessary questions and hold people in power to acount...like Delivery mutherf%#kaaaaa...hence people feeling they should not stand up to the anc maybe?