Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Zuluboy

Ghetto Rat

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
  • "This world is mine for the taking"
    • View Profile
I've been waiting since d end of last year for his album to drop.So has anyone here heard when d album will b available in store or any singles on radio.

My friend told me he saw his video on TVhe said its has something about Shaka Zulu.
y thoughts stay down-to-earth like a vicious alligator's six-pack! - Golden Shovel

3000 BC

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Word! uZuluBoy uze ngomlilo!

Spaza cats don't wanna cypher with this cat, few if any are ready for that.

Big UP to the man!

Sunshine

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
for a moment there i thought you meant JZ, our other Zuluboy. I was like what!? A video for our man JZ and a single - 100% Zuluboy.

I keep running across this term 'spaza', is that the new term for what people used to call 'vernac'.  please explain it.

is it just me, or is there this thing that people who say they 'spit in vernac' generally only speak broken zulu and mingle it with a bit of tsotsi.

the guys who rap in xhosa and zulu properly don't usually make a point of saying they're doing it.

3000 BC

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sunshine

I keep running across this term 'spaza', is that the new term for what people used to call 'vernac'.  please explain it.

Aghh, askus Sunshine, pls go do some research.

is it just me, or is there this thing that people who say they 'spit in vernac' generally only speak broken zulu and mingle it with a bit of tsotsi.

say what???? that's truly appalling.

Sunshine

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
hhawu, yini manje? ngibuze ngenhlonipho nje.

uzongitshela noma uzongishiya ebumnyameni?

3000 BC

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Sunshine"

the guys who rap in xhosa and zulu properly don't usually make a point of saying they're doing it.

okay ke, mtwana'sekhaya! kulula.

Okokuqala, akubona bonke abantu aba-rhymer ngesintu, abarhymer isitsotsi noma isizulu esiphukile. Lento wena oyibiza nge'broken Zulu' nesitsotsi, ifana nse nalendlela esikhuluma ngayo isilungu sesimanjemanje, bengike ngezwa bethi wena vele wazi kabanzi ngomlando, ngakho ngiyacabanga ukuthi uyazi ukuthi ngokushitsha kwezikhathi, nganjalo nolimi luyashintsha.

Okunye, sengi ke ngezwa ama-emcee amaningi, enza izingoma zawo ngesiZulu phaqa, sengisho esingahlanganisiwe ngesi'zulu' sesimanje-manje, ngingomunye wawo.

Lokhu ke okusho la, angikuqondi kahle hle, mhlawumbe wena ungachazela mina ukuthi lombono uwubuqondise kubani ngempela, Sengisho ngoba angizwanga muntu ebhala into ehlangene nalokhu!

Ngiyathemba uyacacelwa...

Sunshine

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote from: ENDZI

Aghh, askus Sunshine, pls go do some research.

say what???? that's truly appalling.

i like driemanskap. i've never heard them go and on about rapping in 'vernac'. they just give their message out in the language they like.

maybe i just think some mainstream artists claim 'vernac' but actually aren't able to hold a really coherent conversation in the language properly.
but sure, they can do it in english, with a smattering of slang.

hmm... the idiom of the language is usually very absent in the mainstream hip hop with the exception of groups like H20.

so i can't wait for zuluboy and people who employ the language properly instead of using 'slang' and calling it 'vernac'.  it would be nice to see more artists like him go mainstream so that we don't get that broken 'scamto' being mistaken for what we speak daily.

3000 BC

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Sunshine"
i like driemanskap. i've never heard them go and on about rapping in 'vernac'. they just give their message out in the language they like

Babes, what i'm asking u is, wut provoked the statement u making above, how does it fit into this thread?

Sunshine

• AG Regular
    • View Profile

okay ke, mtwana'sekhaya! kulula.

Okokuqala, akubona bonke abantu aba-rhymer ngesintu, abarhymer isitsotsi noma isizulu esiphukile. Lento wena oyibiza nge'broken Zulu' nesitsotsi, ifana nse nalendlela esikhuluma ngayo isilungu sesimanjemanje, bengike ngezwa bethi wena vele wazi kabanzi ngomlando, ngakho ngiyacabanga ukuthi uyazi ukuthi ngokushitsha kwezikhathi, nganjalo nolimi luyashintsha.

Okunye, sengi ke ngezwa ama-emcee amaningi, enza izingoma zawo ngesiZulu phaqa, sengisho esingahlanganisiwe ngesi'zulu' sesimanje-manje, ngingomunye wawo.

Lokhu ke okusho la, angikuqondi kahle hle, mhlawumbe wena ungachazela mina ukuthi lombono uwubuqondise kubani ngempela, Sengisho ngoba angizwanga muntu ebhala into ehlangene nalokhu!

Ngiyathemba uyacacelwa mama!

hhawu mfethu, siyancokola mus'? into engiyishoyo ukuthi kunabantu abathi ba-rapper 'ngevernac'. kodwa lesizulu sabo yilento engiyibiza ngokuthi yisi 'Jo-berg'. Akusona isizulu leso.

Ngakhoke ngiyathokoza umakukhona abantu abanjengoZuluboy, ne H20, nalaba abazibiza NgeziThunywa ZakwaNtu ngoba abaziphakamisi ngokucula ngezilwimi zabo. Ukucula ngezilwimi zesintu akuyona into emangazayo kubo. Kodwa ngokubona kwami, labo aba-rapper ngesiJoberg abeve meyimemeza lento kodwa iqiniso liyabaveza umasebe khuluma ukuthi abalwazi kahle hle ulwimi

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
sorry,,, my linguistic limitations mean i couldn't understand the posts above so forgive me if i'm repeating something that was already said,,,

my understanding of 'Spaza' as explained to me by Middle Finga (a self-proclaimed 'Spaza' artist) is this,,, a Spaza shop is a place where you can get bits and pieces in the hood - musically, Spaza is Hip Hop where the rapper uses bits and pieces of different languages - english, xhosa, zula and street slang.

Thematically, I also see 'Spaza' as music that is reflective of life in the hood. For example, I don't think Spaza cats would rap about metaphysical, esoteric stuff.

Having said all of that, I don't think I've ever heard Driemanskaap rhyme in english but they are referred to as 'Spaza'.

Sunshine

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
i like driemanskap. i've never heard them go and on about rapping in 'vernac'. they just give their message out in the language they like

Babes, what i'm asking u is, wut provoked the statement u making above, how does it fit into this thread?

coz im interested in zuluboy's contribution to south african hip hop.
kanti futhi on this board things go off topic all time. iyakuhlupha yini lento leyo?

engathi wena ubuthi u-zuluboy unekhono futhi uyayazi lento ayenzayo. so mina ngakucela ukuthi ungicacisele ukuthi leligama elithi 'spaza' lichaza ukuthini?

ngiyethemba usazongichazela ngoba angizukwazi ukuyithola kwenye indawo lempendulo. this is the only place where i learn such stuff.

into engiyithandayo ngalama-forums ukuthi akunasidingo so kuzibamba. abantu bajwayele ukuyiqhuba ingxoxo noma ingahlangene naloko ebiqondene nakho.

hhayi kabi mfethu, bengingaqondile ukudala ingxabano.

Sunshine

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dplanet
sorry,,, my linguistic limitations mean i couldn't understand the posts above so forgive me if i'm repeating something that was already said,,,

my understanding of 'Spaza' as explained to me by Middle Finga (a self-proclaimed 'Spaza' artist) is this,,, a Spaza shop is a place where you can get bits and pieces in the hood - musically, Spaza is Hip Hop where the rapper uses bits and pieces of different languages - english, xhosa, zula and street slang.

Thematically, I also see 'Spaza' as music that is reflective of life in the hood. For example, I don't think Spaza cats would rap about metaphysical, esoteric stuff.

Having said all of that, I don't think I've ever heard Driemanskaap rhyme in english but they are referred to as 'Spaza'.

thanks DPLANET. The term is new to me. and i came across it when you used it on one thread.
that makes sense.

yeah, i guess driemaskap doesn't have any stuff i know that is too mixed with english. but i guess there's no real reason to be so definitive... styles coalesce.....

Sunshine

• AG Regular
    • View Profile

bengike ngezwa bethi wena vele wazi kabanzi ngomlando, ngakho ngiyacabanga ukuthi uyazi ukuthi ngokushitsha kwezikhathi, nganjalo nolimi luyashintsha.

** how one bitchy ranty moment can hang over sunshines normally bright and cheery disposition on the forums forever .... **

**father forgive me for i have sinned greatly ...**

uma seniyikhipha leyoCD ngizoyothenga. Sengisho ngoba ngifuna ukuthenga ihip hop esile. hhayi lodoti abawuveza kwiTV.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Yeah,,, musical pigeonholes don't always fit.

i think spaza may also be a stylistic thing too,,, spaza artists would stay away from looking overtly american (baseball caps, basketball jerseys, du-rags etc).

i'm just making this up though,, i'm not an authority on spaza :)