Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Zuluboy

3000 BC

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Sunshine"

hhayi kabi mfethu, bengingaqondile ukudala ingxabano.

Ayiyona ingxabano ma, ukuthi uyazi kwesinye isikhathi abantu banokubukela phansi abantu abenza umculo wabo ngesintu, ngakho indlela engiwubone ngayo umbuzo wakho, ngicabange ukuthi uvela ngalowomgudu...

ngifunda okuthile kuwe, nawe ngokunjalo ungathola okuthile la kimi.

Sisonke angithi?

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-9
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nduduzof
Phambili ngenzalo kaShaka...phambili..!!!!!!!

Marco Polo - Marquee ft O.C.
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys
Something Bout Love - The Main Ingredient

I stay on top like eXponents - AQ

Sunshine

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
oh i see, ngiyezwa ke.

ngiyethemba nawe usuyezwa ukuthi ngicikwa yilaba aba-claimer-yo.

3000 BC

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sunshine

uma seniyikhipha leyoCD ngizoyothenga. Sengisho ngoba ngifuna ukuthenga ihip hop esile. hhayi lodoti abawuveza kwiTV.

UNGASHO ULIPHINDE....U...DO...TI

Sunshine

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
into engicikayo yi-'model c zulu' editshaniswe nesitsotsi bese umuntu a-claime ukuthi yena useyisilokishi futhi u-rapper isintu.

i-'model c zulu' yiyolegcwele kuTV. besebekhala ngokuthi asiwathengi amaCD abo kodwa ba-rapper umbhedo. isitsotsi asinankinga, kodwa i-model c zulu ihlukumeza izindlebe zami.

its like that whole studio-thug thing, just a different form.

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
Quote from: "ENDZI"
Word! uZuluBoy uze ngomlilo!

Spaza cats don't wanna cypher with this cat, few if any are ready for that.

Big UP to the man!

I would not say that. The spaza cats I've heard are fire as well (sketch, rattex, run way slave (I think) & other dudes from maniacs). Zuluboy was never into battling in any case. That said, he spits fire.

+ TOP in vernac (now that's not spaza), but I bet he murders most cats. Now this is one cat, people should stay away from. Unbelievebale flow & wordplay.

By the way Zuluboy's album drops in September. Anything that adds to the current stale hip hop on shelves should be appreciated.

sunchild

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
:) Haven't heard Zulu boy's stuff but too me drieman skap rock the spot.
.." It takes no courage to be normal , normal is where no heroes live." - B-boy Alien Nas(Flip side kings crew)

Ghetto Rat

• AG Hustler
  • "This world is mine for the taking"
    • View Profile
Thanks Merchant, at least u answered my question.
September seems near but yet so far.

I hate it when record companies set deadlines that they hardly meet.Coz that man, who signed him-ex- Gallo CEO,  said March.

Am saving my cash 4 him.

About him being a Battlist, thats new 2 me.
Hes style is similar 2 d late Great TuPac- u know Poetry(self-expression & storytelling). ZuluBoy is a lyricist.

I heard him when he was asked 2 freestyle alongside PROkid n it wasn't Off d top, but Pro was nice as usual.
y thoughts stay down-to-earth like a vicious alligator's six-pack! - Golden Shovel

neverthem

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
I don't think anyone here actually knows what spaza is and where it comes from...no disrespect.
Spaza is xhosa and kasi slang, it uses the idioms of the language. It is not adding xhosa/slang to an english verse. Its exploring the metaphors and richness of the language.
It was born in Cape Town. Zulu, Sotho, Tswana, Ndebele, Venda and all other african languages may refer to themselves as Spaza then take 50 years trying to decide what it is....point is....driemanskap, unic, rattex, sketch, khanyi, chronic x...that's spaza.

for the record...T.O.P. is ill on spaza and Zuluboy...is not spaza!

peace

the brand®

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-14
  • PAINT (25-03-11)
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/childakapoet
Quote from: "melanin latte"
I'm a Ghetto chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiild

u called?

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Quote from: "neverthem"
I don't think anyone here actually knows what spaza is and where it comes from...no disrespect.
Spaza is xhosa and kasi slang, it uses the idioms of the language. It is not adding xhosa/slang to an english verse. Its exploring the metaphors and richness of the language.
It was born in Cape Town. Zulu, Sotho, Tswana, Ndebele, Venda and all other african languages may refer to themselves as Spaza then take 50 years trying to decide what it is....point is....driemanskap, unic, rattex, sketch, khanyi, chronic x...that's spaza.

for the record...T.O.P. is ill on spaza and Zuluboy...is not spaza!

peace

Dude what are you talking about!

Dplanet's explanation was the most acurate. Spaza does not exclude other languages. What people call vernec is Spaza, it's just that the term Spaza(when refering to vernec) is mostly used in Cape Town and Eastern cape.

If your rap is predominately in an African Language then that's Spaza.

If Zuluboy rhymes in zulu then he does Spaza and so does ProKid(who happens to be the illest in it).

mizi.

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hypemagazine.co.za

If your rap is predominately in an African Language then that's Spaza.
If Zuluboy rhymes in zulu then he does Spaza and so does ProKid(who happens to be the illest in it).

Im not sure about that. I will have to do a bit more research but as far as I understand, Spaza is a Cape, Xhosa based hip hop sub-genre. Though it includes other languages, it is Xhosa based. I think it is the Cape slang, lifestyle and subject matter that makes it what it is. I also think Spaza is an aggressively territorial  sub-ganre, and has presence in the Cape. Though it may filter out into other areas, it is a Proudly Cape ganre. I compare it to Motswako (HHP, Morafe, Tuks etc) which is a Tswana based hip hop sub-genre that comes from areas surrounding Mafikeng. I can not say ProKid is doing Motswako, just because he is doing vernac. In the same way, I cannot say he is doing Spaza. Pro is part of Soweto's own vernac movement.

:?:

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
No it isn't. Spaza is not a sub-genre as you put it. It is as I have explained it. It's simple, in Joburg you say Vernec, in Cape Town we say Spaza. it's the same thing my bro. Unless the definition has changed since I have not been hanging a lot with these cats for the past year and a half.

I don't know much about Motwako.

mizi.

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hypemagazine.co.za
I dont live in Cape Town so I cannot speak with as much authority as you on the subject but Spaza was coined in Cape Town and I a**ume it was coined as a discription of the Xhosa vernac movement that was taking place in the Cape. Is this not correct?

I just spoke to Middle Finga before I started this paragraph. He tells me that Spaza is all inclusive. If cats use a mixture of different languages, eg: Zulu, Tswana, English and Afrikaans, it is Spaza. So Spaza is all inclusive. He tells me a lot of cats are not aware that they are doing Spaza because they have not heard the term (Pro etc), but they are cla**ified as Spaza. eg:if H20 had to go to Cape Town, they would be introduced as Spaza cats. He did, however, confirm that Spaza did originate in Cape Town, and was coined as a Xhosa based (but also including other languages) hip hop form. The definition has since evolved  to include all types of tsotsi taal rap.

So it was coined as a Cape Xhosa thing and has grown to include everything else that is similar. So ya you are 100% correct. Im not sure, however, if the North West cats would term Cape Vernac hip hop as Motswako too.