iPod DJing

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
So with the advent of products like the ION iDJ/iPOD DJ Mixer Package (below) could it be that vinyl DJ's could become extinct/redundant?

I mean the convenience of carrying iPods instead of a library of Vinyl/CD's cannot be argued.

The purists will have something to say about this I suspect a lot of the points will be about the whole sound from Vinyl is much better (ba** response & all that good stuff) + it takes some REAL skill to drop a needle on a record live at a party & cut that isht up.

Damn this technology!

Thoughts...?

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
Tried this unit out at this Apple expo thing they had at the store in the Waterfront and its more for the guys who wanna look cool and are MAYBE thinkin about bein a DJ's... the faders are f***ing slow and imprecise, the jog wheel/cursor unit is fiddly and control areas aren't well defined for the various functions, theres also a lag on playback.... it is very pretty though,... it just doesnt match up to final scratch or seranto, both of which make large vinyl bags moot and still give you the option of using vinyl if you so desire.
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.