Africasgateway.com

G-unit dissin Dr Dre

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
I got this from therealblackwallstreet forum

AHH: Welcome and thanks for taking the time to do this interview.

Buck: No Problem, We all with the fans and we keepin it dirty, G-G-G-G-UNIT.

Yayo: Hahaha, Buck is the shit

Banks: Chea, This aint a problem, our fans feed us, so we gotta give em their props ya dig?

AHH: Tell us about your upcoming albums.

Banks: Its called the rotten apple, in stores september 19, don't be downloading my shit, buy my shit. Production by Eminem, Havoc, Timbaland and Alchemist, Sha Money XL.

Buck: I'm changing the title of mine, but its out October 20th. Production by Andre 3000, The Neptunes, Rick Rock, and Daz, Sha Money XL

Yayo: I'm workin on mine, ya hear. My last one was a cla**ic no matter what people think, so f*** the haters. I went against Kayne west and had the #2 Album in the country, half of ya'll *****z can't even beat that shit. I am hoping to have it out in January with production by Eminem, Havoc, Jellyroll, Red Spyda, Sha Money XL and Alchemist.

AHH: Alot of fans have been wanting to know, why haven't yall had Dr. Dre produce on your albums?

Yayo: I tried to get Dre, but he is always too busy. He should be delighted to work with an MC of my calibur but it seems he never has time. I'm startin to think he's a busta.

Banks: I aint got no respect for Dre, f*** him. He didn't give me the time of day so he can go with game straight to motherf***in hell.

Buck: I respect Dre, I saved his a** at the vibe awards and he won't even give me no beats. Its a f***ed up situation. His beef with 50 aint helpin matters too much as well.

AHH: When this is released on the internet, do you think there will be any backlash for any of the comments you have stated?

Yayo: Don't give a f***.

Buck: f*** the haters

Banks: People can think what they want, it doesn't matter to me (Laughs). Seriously this is how I feel. Aint a damn thing ya'll can do.

AHH: How is your relationship with Em.

Banks: Good, Me and Him talk every day. He gave me 5 beats on my album.

Yayo: I love Em. He's shown me love. I'm always down for that whiteboy

Buck: its alright, we've never done a track, hopefully soon, but I'll do the same thing for him like I did for Dre.

AHH: How do you feel about Interscopes recent record sales and the fact that albums always get pushed back.

Buck: Interscope is sellin records like hotcakes. Look at Pharrel's album, # 3 in the US. Interscope is runnin Rap.

Banks: That really aint for me to speak on, as long as my album comes out on time, then I'm happy. Pay me.

Yayo: It happened with my album, 50 a**ures me it won't happen again. I'm a veteran *****, I deserve to be treated with respect.

AHH: Thanks for taking the time to do this interview, any last words?

Banks: Shady/Aftermath/G-unit/Interscope, you know how we do it.

Buck: f*** the haters, ya'll *****z down south think your hot, wait till buck busts a shot, you'll all start runnin like a marathon.

Yayo: Shouts to 50, Eminem, Jimmy Iovine and All of Shady/G-unit. The Aftermath Roster gotta start doin a bit more to get a shoutout from me.

source: AllHiphop.com

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
Its Crazy, But there is a Saying to this "NEVER BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU" it seems like they ate the dam hand, But good luck with Tony YaYo's Album since the last one was a bit dissapointing.

Explicit

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
I can understand their frustations. Dre is a lazy a** muthaf***a. How many aftermath projects never saw the light of day cos of his lazyness.
Nigga makes like one beat every f***en 3 months. Let's see. There was Rakim, Hittman, Ice Cube, the Dre/Cube album Heltah Skeltah, the NWA reunion project, a Snoop Album entirely produced by Dre, all of them never came out. Detox will probably never come out as well. Muthaf***a been working on that shyt for the last 3 years.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
Quote from: "MrC"
I can understand their frustations. Dre is a lazy a** muthaf***a. How many aftermath projects never saw the light of day cos of his lazyness.
Nigga makes like one beat every f***en 3 months. Let's see..

Mr C relax
Ya Look at Dre he has been in the game for line 20 years now, and can still make hits now thats sumthing. I do agree that its shitty that he takes his tym look at how long it took for "Busta" to release his shit under Interscope. I just hope S.A producers dont get big-headed as well although some are already, they was on sum tip to me like Dont call me We will call you, f*** that I dont beg for beats, you dont wanna work that cool theres other producers that want to do it.

Explicit

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Hehe,,, you can't touch Dre - he's a musical icon. I'd go so far as to say he's one of the most influencial figures in the history of Hip Hop.

Just look at his production credits,,, I'm not talking about beatmaking (beatmakers are a dime a dozen),,, I'm talking about producing.

NWA, Easy E, The D.O.C., Snoop, Nas, Tupac, Eminem, 50 Cent, G-Unit and The Game all (at least partly) owe their success to Dre.

Lazy? Just look at what he's got slated for 2006:

1. Busta Rhymes - The Big Bang

2. Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - The Bone Thugs Story

3. Nas - Hip-Hop is Dead

4. Snoop Dogg - The Blue Carpet Treatment, Doggystyle

5. The Game - The Doctor's Advocate

6. Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II

7. Stat Quo - Statlanta

All this while being CEO of Aftermath Records, a rapper, an actor and a grammy-award winning producer.

And as for SA producers getting big headed,,, please! - when an SA producer can claim credits like Dre's I'll allow them to get their heads swole,,, until then,,, cats better stay on the humble.

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "explicit"
good luck with Tony YaYo's Album since the last one was a bit dissapointing.

Explicit

Thats putting it nicely  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That not good enough for ya?

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-9
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nduduzof
I'm not realy a fan of Dr Dre but I smell laziness too out of this....!!!  
:roll:  :roll:  :roll:
Marco Polo - Marquee ft O.C.
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys
Something Bout Love - The Main Ingredient

I stay on top like eXponents - AQ

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Firstly i'm not trying to discredit Dre. We all know how great he is ,bla bla bla, that's not the point here.

Go to  www.dubcnn.com and read the Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube interviews. Everybody is always waiting on this nigga to get going. So I'm not just saying he's lazy just from the top of my head. That's why these G-Unit cats are dissing him now. I mean really even if he's working on all those albums you listed, he's probably gonna give cats 1-2 beats for those projects. So all in all that's amounts to like 15 beats. And everybody else just gets pushed more down the line for a Dre beat. But i guess the nigga is living comfortable and he probably feels like he doesn't need to churn out mad beats in a year.What he doesn;t realize is that he is burning down mad bridges. But yeah, he probably doesn't give a f***.

Even 2Pac complained about how slow he was working when they did All Eyez on Me.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
...the point is that if you want quality you go to Dre. Dre is thorough and quality takes time.

MCs always want their shit out tomorrow. I'm sure half the MCs I'm working with think I'm lazy cause their project seems to be taking a long time,,, I'm also sure that some of the people I have to tell I'm too busy to record with, or produce their album, or give them beats think I'm lazy (or have a bad attitude).

Producers have to juggle a lot of commitments and it's hard to keep everyone happy. Of course people are gonna feel bad if they can't get a Dre beat - especially with all these fragile egos around.

It's not about churning out beats - why should a top record exec and world cla** producer like Dre churn out beats? that's for the young cats with something to prove. Dre builds careers while other cats make tracks.

Anthony

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +3/-8
  • Wisdom is knowing when you can't be wise!
    • View Profile
i think them g-unit cats heads bit too blown.they scared Em will end their careers so they makin sure he don't get irate. they beef wit dre and seperate it from mr. marthers.old devil tactic - divide and conquer.don't kno what you mean when you say dre lazy. what you want him to be like all the other bubble gum producers who make sunday cla**ics that don't even live into the next week.the diff is they make hot songs, DRE CREATES LEGENDS: who in hiphop gon' be more iconic than Snoop, Dogg Pound, Pac, 50(yes dre made him.he would NEVER HAD BLOWN OTHERWISE) and Marshall. stop frontin. he the greatest hiphop producer of all time.PERIOD. there's more to producin than packin more beats into the crates than the human cochlear can handle.'DO YOU FOOLS LISTEN TO RAP MUSIC OR DO YOU JUST SKIM THRU IT?'.didn't doc tell you that he still take time to perfect a beat?'y'all say dre fell off?how, fools his last album was the chronic.Pap' told y'all, show respect to a man if that man successful. from most of your comments i realise you kno little about art if you don't understand that - YOU CAN'T RUSH ART.that's why 50's never gon make another get rich or die tryin.Holla! :wink:
Chosen

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
OK now let's just take this back again and rewind.

I'll say it again since ya'll seem to have missed it the first time around.

I'm not questioning Dre's ability as a producer in any way here or trying to deny him his props by any means.I'm a big fan of his work (esp EFIL4ZAGGIN). I've already said that like a hundred times.

What i'm saying has been said by countless people who work with him, so who are you to deny that ? You just basing your argument on the fact that he is GREAT, which has nothing to do with what i'm saying. Aftermath has acquired a lot of talent over the years that they eventually dropped mainly because of that reason right there. Niggas got tired of waiting and waiting for DRE to approve their shyt and they bounced. And yeah i've heard he's a perfectionist, that's why he takes his time with his. He rich, so he's got nothing to worry about. But all these artists out there are starving so they aint gonna wait around forever for the MIGHTY DOC to come through and work on they projects.Look at GAME. He was on the Math for over two years with nothing happening until they decided to get him into the UNIT, then his shyt popped off. What ups with Stat Quo ? He's been signed for a hot minute now and i bet you his shyt won't even come out this year. What's up with Bishop Lamont ? Check out the new SCRATH MAG with DRE on the cover. The article actually revolves other producers who are working on DETOX. He's gettin a lot of these young cats to actually do the work and he just comes in a tweaks a few things here and there and adds his touch and that's it. If you check most of his work on Aftermath it's usually "Produced by Dr.Dre and Mike Elizondo" or "Produced by Dr.Dre, co-produced by Mel-Man". To tell you the truth, as much as i am a big fan of his work, i'm not really feeling most of his new work that much, compared to shyt like the Chronic, Dogg Food, DoggyStyle, Murder was the case SoundTrack,etc,etc.

Don't catch feelings just cos DRE is your favourite producer. I was just shedding some light on why these G-UNIT cats might be dissing him.

And don't make silly little remarks about how much i know about ART. I don't know u, u don't know me homie, so just stick to the topic and K.I.M. Aight !!!!!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
OK,,, so we all agree Dre is great.

BUT,,, you're "shedding light on why G-Unit are dissing him" by explaining that his projects take too long and you've come to the conclusion that he's lazy.

You further back up your claim by citing that he uses other beatmakers, and all he does is comes in and "tweaks" things - further implying that he is lazy.

Then you argue that "he's rich" which again implies he doesn't really care cause he's comfortable.

Executive producing an album is a lot of work. The EP might go through hundreds of beats, selecting 50 or so for the artist to record on - selecting the beats is an art. The recording process itself involves getting the best out of an artist (which is also an art in itself). After recording all the tracks, the EP must then choose 13 (or so) tracks to make an album that will sell - again, an art.

As Dre is a producer, executive producer and label CEO, his work doesn't end with creating the album,,, he then has to start marketing his artists and decide when the best time to release is. This is probably the most complex phase of the project. Release at the wrong time and your artist will disappear without a trace, along with your investment.

Artists will always bitch and moan about being stuck in the record label system because as far as they are concerned, the world revolves around them. They don't see the bigger picture - they just want their album out. Artists often bounce while they are waiting for release because a lesser label will offer them a quicker release.

Mr. C,,, who are you comparing Dre to when you say he is slow? Can you name someone of Dre's stature (producer/ artist/ EP/ CEO) who is known to be quick? All I'm saying is that if I was an artist, I'd rather put my career in Dre's hands than almost any other producer.

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-9
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nduduzof
Planet u realy dig Dre neh...   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
one thing I alwayz respect Dre about, his sounds r very clean...I mean pure clean
Marco Polo - Marquee ft O.C.
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys
Something Bout Love - The Main Ingredient

I stay on top like eXponents - AQ

Draztik

• Producer - CEO
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • Unreleased Records
I think one of the things thats very obvious with Dre is the way he puts things together takes time to perfect.... He's one critical producer who wont release anything thats half a**... when he did the chronic and doggy style he did like 35 - 50 tracks for both albums and picked the best 15. I do think he's a hard worker, based on the fact that even if some of the beatmakers come through with material, he's able to a**ess it re-vamp it, arrage it and sometimes he goes as far as mixing the record... the responsibilties he carries and like DP said goes as far as executively producing it take up much more time... when i say he puts out a record, he follows it up from step 1 right through 10 meaning the quality of the recording to the mastered product to the promotions and marketing... also being able to design an album takes time, meaning do the records go together and make a good end product, even with hot records, you gotta find a way it all flows together. The G Unit cats are taking it too far by publicising their beefs,... these cats were nothing without eminem and dre..... its because of his work and where dre is and even the a**ociation gave them great album sales, so cats like Banks need to show respect. These are my thoughts, no beef.

Draztik

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
As an executive producer myself, i know the process of putting together an album is not easy .

But if you compare the NWA/Death Row DRE to the new Aftermath DRE, you can clearly see there is a huge difference. Let's look at the man's history:

NWA - NWA and the Posse
EAZY - E  - We want EAZY
NWA - Straight Outta Compton
DOC - No one does it better
Michele's Album
NWA - 100 Miles and Runnin
NWA - EFIL4ZAGGIN
The Chronic
DoggyStyle
Dogg Food
Murder Was the Case SOUNDTRACK

All of these album came out in a very short space of time between each other and Dr.DRE produced most if not all of the material on these albums. He also mixed them, did all of the excecutive producing work he's supposed to do (even though the CREDITS read SUGE KNIGHT : EXCEUTIVE PRODUCER). At this time as well he was co-owner of Death Row Records, at Ruthless he was the Creative Head, Eazy just handled the business part with Jerry Heller. In addition to this there was tours,magazine interviews, TV appearances,etc,etc. In addition to all of this he directed most of the Video's that came out on Death Row.So he was quite busy in his early career.

Now switch to the Aftermath DRE.
The only tour he's ever done is Up in Smoke. I rarely see DRE on magazine covers or making TV apperances.

His work on Aftermath - Minus the first Aftermath compilation which only had a few good tracks by the way.

Slim Shady LP - 3 tracks. Eminem used most of his previous material for this album.
Chronic 2001 - Produced most of the album with Mel-Man. Took 7 years to come up with a follow up for the Chronic.
Marshall Matter LP - 6 tracks. All co-produced with Mel-Man.
GRODT - Did about 4 tracks. Reused some tracks that 50 had previously released.
Eminem Show - 3 tracks. Marshall handled most of the production. You can tell DRE had very little to do with this album cos it sucks.
GAME - 5 tracks. All co-produced with someone else.
Ma**acre - Did about 3-4 tracks. Even 50 complained that Dre didn't give his album much attention.
Tony Yayo - One Track
Young Buck - Nothing
Llloyd Banks - Nothing.
Mobb Deep - 2 tracks. Outta Control remix and nightmares which was not released on the Album.
GRODT SoundTrack - 3 tracks
Busta Rhymes - 4 tracks. Co-produced others.

The time period between these albums is much longer than all the shyt he did for Ruthless and Death Row.

Point is a lot of people want him more involved on their albums and he's just not grinding like he used to. DETOX is taking forever to make. Why is that ? Is it because he's a perfectionist ? Maybe yes, but f*** it's been 3 years already and even Snoop says he's still waiting for the call to come lay down something for this album. Aftermath is a record label with quite a number of employees. Surely he is not doing everything by himself.

Let's recap on what the  the G-unit cats said,especially Young Buck.
Quote from: "Rip_the_jacker"

AHH: Alot of fans have been wanting to know, why haven't yall had Dr. Dre produce on your albums?

Yayo: I tried to get Dre, but he is always too busy. He should be delighted to work with an MC of my calibur but it seems he never has time. I'm startin to think he's a busta.

Banks: I aint got no respect for Dre, f*** him. He didn't give me the time of day so he can go with game straight to motherf***in hell.

Buck: I respect Dre, I saved his a** at the vibe awards and he won't even give me no beats. Its a f***ed up situation. His beef with 50 aint helpin matters too much as well.

source: AllHiphop.com