1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: September 04, 2006, 01:51:26 PM

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
I think these 2 directors/producers are the best thing that has happened in Hollywood,not only they make good movies,their movies totaly gross more $5 trillion worldwide.
So who is the best of the 2.

the brand®

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-14
  • PAINT (25-03-11)
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/childakapoet
unfair contest.......
woody is all about the content while spielberg is more visual

Woody Allen movies are to me...cla**ics
spielberg to me well he jus rocks..he is the mafahn man
jurrasic parkgot me glued to the sreen

woody got ggreat akward homur that i love
so i shall not vote

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Quote from: "childakapoet"

I've only recently watched two movies by Woody Allen and I fell in love with his work. "Anything Else" and "Match Point", these are one of the best movies I've ever seen. I've been trying to get hold of every movie he has ever been involved in.

MaddStone

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facultyofhiphop.org.za
Spielberg.He can straddle the line between content and visual.Spielberg's like Jigga Man.He can be deep if he wants, but got a madd swagger.Woody's the quirky "underground" emcee that's got madd critical praise but doesnt do the numbers.
Don't Hate, Rather Debate" - Mykh-ill Angel-oH

“I’m not a star, and I don’t want to be a star. Stars fall. I’m an entertainer, a performer" - Bernie Mac

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
In my slightly younger days I was all about Spielberg and no doubt cat still got mad skills, but as I've gotten older I've gravitated more towards Woody.

love the idea of equating directors wit rappers... So i'd say Michael Bay and Jerry Bruckheimer would be the 50 cent and Lloyd banks of films, they produce very flashy spectacles wit great low brow appeal and little or no substance... but too much of the same resulted in declining box office, we can only hope this trend holds true for Curtis Jackson and his ilk.

Wes Anderson would be the Can Ox of films... some good ideas and a real knack for the "arty" aesthetic but losthis way by concentrating too much on being "arty" and straight lost me in the journey up his own a**.

Antoine Fuqua would be the Common of the film game... he came on the scene wit a rawness and street sensibility combined wit skill which set him above most of his contemporaries... moments where he lost his way by pandering to those wit money but no regard for his art and then rediscovered himself and grew into one fo the hallmark artistes of our time.

Plz add.....
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
Quote from: "RearrangedReality"
Quote from: "childakapoet"

I've only recently watched two movies by Woody Allen and I fell in love with his work. "Anything Else" and "Match Point", these are one of the best movies I've ever seen. I've been trying to get hold of every movie he has ever been involved in.

yoh dude,, im a huge huge fan of his cla**ic material too..f***k ol this teeny-poppy-college shit weve been subjected to past few years.

dude is a genuis, subtle homour and the funny thing is i can sortaa relate to his sories. started my collection already, and its a hustle seeing that videostores aint gat his movies. watched that Anything Else flick months back,, Cristina Ricci, who plays Jason Biggs' chick,,goddaman slept-on. peeps who aint discovered his work betta start diggin..wont be dissapointed. dopeness
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101