?uestlove wrote

the brand®

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-14
  • PAINT (25-03-11)
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/childakapoet
Quote from: "?uestlove"
i know this posting like "its the last time imma be in philly dj'n" mess is getting out of hand. but eh....what other options you got left?

i mean yeah you can do the shoulder lean for the umteenth time if you please.

but if you want MORE---

come to FLUID (right above the latest dish restaurant---matter of fact come two hours before and EAT there then work it off when you go upstairs)

dj ?uestlove/ dj Mike Nyce

will be spinning EURRRYthang but the kitchen sink from 10-2am (really a lil later if orunde---the dread--let's us get on down)

when-saturday the sept 16th 2006
where-Fluid above The Lastest Dish on 4th and Kater between South and Bainbridge
how?

take a cab
walk
bike
drive (parking on bainbridge---dont forget designated driver)

if you coming from nyc you can take the chinatown bus for cheap or if you got loot take amtrak (dc too)

also 2 things

im doing the Master Cleanse and im in desperate need of lemons.

that's right.

lemons.

lemme know you care and bring me a troth of lemons to the dj booth.

---and while im at it....some of you newbies need to know: the true way to show me love when im dj'n? is DANCE

not: QUEST?!!?! ?UEST?!?!?!!.....YO ?UEST!!!!!!!!

it takes SUPER concentration to do some shit like this and i need 0 interruptions.

and if you do bring a gift (the flower girl from 2 weeks back comes to mind) please do not HURL them at me while im not looking, and for god's sake hurl NOTHING on the turntables!!!

(im sure said girl done yapped about what an a**hole i am, but even ray charles knows not to hurl an object to a turntable while its playing a record)

so yeah...

get there early (when i do these bulletins you can pretty much a**ume it will get crowded round 1030/11ish)

bring me some lemons (not lemon juice) and DO NOT elizabeth HURLey em to me.

ha haa haa ve fuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!

-ahmir

AND DAMNIT!

how are 9,000,000 people on myspace supportin Ca**ie's fine a***
but gonna let the Hip Hop (real hip hop) album of the year stall at number 9?
come on people---my network ALONE can make this album go gold if we just took the time out to support it!!!!!

i aint bitch when yall downloaded it.....y'all better represent before you get the roots dropped

the brand®

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-14
  • PAINT (25-03-11)
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/childakapoet
Quote from: "india arie"
MISSION STATEMENT: To spread love and healing through the power of words and music The Real India Arie is my headline not only because there are other people calling them selves by that name (which i was first annoyed by, but upon more thought i am flattered) but because i am using this space to just express myslef, outside of any expectations or ruels i set for "India Arie" This is not my Label web site, not a magazine interview where i have to be diplomatic with my thoughts and answers. This is MY SPACE and excuse my language but I got some sh!t to get offa my chest. The music industry has been a trip for me because it forced me to really face my fears or be swolloed up by them. I've seen money come between my best freind and i, I've met some of the most ego driven people on the planet, i've endured so very long workdays, and alot of stress. don't get me wrong it's been a great ride and this is just the beginning, HOWEVER the reason i am starting this page, is to counter all the other crap that comes along with just wanting to sing my songs. i don't like acting like i like everyone, and everyones music because i'm o n t.v., i don't like being a eorka holic in the name of competition, i don't like people scrutinizing me as if i am supposed to fit into Americas expectations, who gives a damn if i shave my armpits, i mean really, SPARE ME! you see where this is going?..LOL! if we don't have to share intimate space than don't worry about what i do! i digress, back to the point LOL! I've spent the last three years learning and growing resting licking my wounds and writing about where i am in my life now that i have officially stepped in to my woman hood. Part of that is beign authentic and living ym truh at all times. So thats why i started this page. The circumsatnces of the last three years have forced me to REALLY look at myself. i've learned some very harsh (and very beautiful) lesson about love and relationships. The death of my Naievete has given birth to a woman. Thus the title of My 3rd Album, TESTIMONY: Vol. 1 Life& Relationship You see, my mission includes to love and heal myself