Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

WARNER TO PARTNER WITH YOUTUBE

Myth · 2 · 936

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile

Warner Music Group recently announced its new partnership with YouTube.com, giving the website access to music videos, behind-the-scenes footage, interviews and original programming from artists under the Warner Music Group roster.

YouTube users will also be able to incorporate music from Warner's catalog into the videos they create and upload.

Both parties will generate and share revenue created by advertising, which will be featured around the videos.

"Partnering with Warner Music Group is one of the most significant milestones for our company and our community, and shifts the paradigm in this new media movement," said YouTube CEO and co-founder Chad Hurley via a statement. "By providing a new distribution opportunity, we are paving the way for media companies to harness the vast financial potential of user-generated content on YouTube."

Also as part of the deal YouTube will use a new advanced content identification and royalty reporting system, set for release by the end of the year, to identify the music videos and help manage payment to the record labels.

"Technology is changing entertainment, and Warner Music is embracing that innovation," added Warner Music Group chairman and CEO Edgar Bronfman, Jr. "Consumer-empowering destinations like YouTube have created a two-way dialogue that will transform entertainment and media forever."

Artists on the Warner Music roster include P. Diddy, Missy Elloit, Talib Kweli, T.I. and Sean Paul, among others.

good move by the cats from Warner...it wud be dope if the Gallos, Rage, Sheer of this world were to follow suit. lokal labels mos definitely need sume rude technological-awakening of this sort....
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

DJ_Nastie_Ed

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Warner brothers owns CNN Time etc.

Dont be surprised if dissenting videos (videos critical of the fear-based-terrorist american propagated worlview) become more and more scarce.

As far as I'm concerned the major MEDIA networks (in bed with the US government) are the main source of 'evil' in this world.

I'm against any of their involvement in internet. Because we DO know that the major impose their own agendas and partake in heavy gatekeeping of information that they dont agree with.

They are shit scared of the social-revolution that is the internet and I dont doubt that they are trying to find ways of keeping a grapple on their dimishing power.