Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Meth Dropped,Nas album pushed back

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile

sources are  that Method Man has been dropped from Def Jam and the official word will be out soon. Reason? You guessed it. Low album sales 8) . Now I don't know if the lack of promotion was Meth's fault or the label's, but I do know somebody slept on their promotion job for this new album of his. I wouldn't be surprised if the label purposely didn't promote the album so they can ax him with good reason. Y'all know Meth has been running his mouth about the folks over at Def Jam and they may have just gotten fed up with it.

So if this info does ring true, who will Meth end up signing with? Not many labels are willing to put up with shit-talking artists, but having a beast like Meth on your label could prove to be a very valuable investment. And there's not many labels who dedicate the same kind of time and effort to true hip hop that they dedicate to hip hop with a pop edge. Decisions, decisions.

Hip-Hop Is Dead Pushed Back To December 19th?

Here we go again. Sources are reporting that Nas' album release date will no longer be Nov. 14th, as planned. The new release date is supposedly Dec. 19th. Are we really surprised? Since Jay's album release date is still Nov. 21st, I'm not. All you Nas fans will just have to wait another month or so. This may be for the best, though. I hear Nas doesn't even have a single ready to push or any other publicity deals in the works yet. Damn shame.

On a side note, Nas surprised a sold out crowd in Athens, Greece last night by coming out on stage with Jay (during his World Tour stop) to perform a few tracks with him, as well as to perform some tracks by himself. Beyonce was also there to surprise the audience with some collabo performances with her man.

Source: SOHH

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
i wouldn't be suprised if meth got dropped.

no one seems to know what to do with him. that last album he dropped lacked direction,,, it wasn't groundbreaking and grimy (like some of his fans expect), and it wasn't properly commercial either.

meth is way too talented an artist to be given so little direction by exec producers - he should sign to PioneerUnit ;)

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Hey, at least this means someone can buy me Nas for christmas.

So much for being Jewish.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
Meth wud make a good G-nit member...He should go there and gain weight like P and Havoc have....Plus he can swing on both side of the fence, commercial or non-commercial...Gggggg..Guuuunit

ootz

• DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE OH TEE ZEE
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-0
  • Ootz Tha Afronaut
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ootz85
naw, wu needs sum adrenalin.meth shud start thatr shit n put it in the market face first.im sick of seeing acts that hold no weight n have questionable skills.

nas, he must just get used to being pushed back for jay(no disrespect to jay, the question is where do his priorities lie as president of one of the most influential HIP HOP/ rnb labels of the last decade), beyonce, rhiana n them.

Imean, ghost shud of been promoted more than 50 in my opinion. Meth should of been in your face by now if his album was to be dropped.remember when the w dropped.gravel pit ruined the industry till the mtv generation went n bought one of the grimiest wu albums ever(i dont give a f***, i bought that shit cash you hatin sons of bitches)

thats the shit im on
XO.WITHTANK.COM

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
the problem with Wu is that they are too fragmented and too chaotic,, i don't think they even realise what they are sitting on. They were (and could be again) the most powerful force in Hip Hop - they had insane originality AND cross-over appeal.

I read an interview with RZA, and he was saying that they are all over the place,,, they are still a bunch of hard-headed street dudes who can't get their shit together and collaborate.

I can't see Meth on G-Unit,,, he's Wu-Tang for life. I don't think the two are compatible.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Quote from: "MCekks"
Meth wud make a good G-nit member...He should go there and gain weight like P and Havoc have....Plus he can swing on both side of the fence, commercial or non-commercial...Gggggg..Guuuunit

I cudnt agree with you more! but if that happened Meth wud be kicked out of the WU MANSION 4 DISLOYALTY. :lol:

Allow me 2 : 8)
GGGGG-JEW GGGGG-JEW GGGGGG-UNET

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile
Quote from: ootz
naw, wu needs sum adrenalin.meth shud start thatr shit n put it in the market face first.im sick of seeing acts that hold no weight n have questionable skills.

nas, he must just get used to being pushed back for jay(no disrespect to jay, the question is where do his priorities lie as president of one of the most influential HIP HOP/ rnb labels of the last decade), beyonce, rhiana n them.

Imean, ghost shud of been promoted more than 50 in my opinion. Meth should of been in your face by now if his album was to be dropped.remember when the w dropped.gravel pit ruined the industry till the mtv generation went n bought one of the grimiest wu albums ever(i dont give a f***, i bought that shit cash you hatin sons of bitches)

thats the shit im on

I dunno. For me, the Wu are finnished. It seems like most of the members like Ghostface, GZA, Inspecta Deck, and Raekwon have
payed too much attention to their solo careers than as a crew. And I
agree Gravel Pitt was a failure but "The W" was the beginning of the
fall of Wu-Tang. I remembered when those albums came out I always
asked, "If Wu was so united, what about ODB?". I know that he was in
rehab/prison at the time but the Wu members could've care much to
visit him or add him in a song.

As for Meth, he'll probably be better off without Def Jam but I pray
that he doesn't cross to G-Unit (even though I could see that
happening).

I all I know is that I'm still waiting for Redman's "Red Gone Wild"!!
I've been waiting for that for about 3 years now and I'm gonna be pissed
If I dont see it on the shelves 5 months from now!!

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile