Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Meth Interview

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Not every day is a sunny day for everyone and the same is true for our favorite entertainers. In the case of Method Man, his tough day has evolved into a tough year. Amidst the poor sales of his last 2004 album, Tical 0: The Prequel, Meth has had endured the past year watching his wife fight breast cancer. Since her remission, the rapper can’t seem to get his grove back. Not even his upcoming album, 4:21, The Day After, could help – an album born out of truth and a moment of clarity.

"The national weed smoking day is 4/20, so I named my album 4:21, The Day After," Meth said in a statement. "Because after that day, you have this moment of clarity when you're not high and you see things clearly..."You feel like you're not in on the joke, and everyone's laughing at you. I felt like no one was taking me seriously. I got real angry and I just starting writing."

While still in a funk, Chronicmagazine scores an interview with Meth to figure out what has him in such a foul mood.

Chronicmagazine.com: Talk about your album. What will people hear?

Method Man: That just need them to know that it’s coming out because right now it’s not really getting the push it needs. Everyone’s saying, ‘Where’s Method Man?’ My album’s dropping in a week. Would you be comfortable with that?

Chronicmagazine.com: Probably not. So where does that leave you then?

Method Man: I don’t know that the f*ck to do. No one really listens. I’m just letting it go. I think I talk too much.

Chronicmagazine.com: Have you thought about getting your own label to take more control of the marketing and promotion of your projects?

Method Man: I don’t even understand what that means any more – have my own label. F*ck music man. I can’t do nothing right anymore.

Chronicmagazine.com: Well, how long is your contract with Def Jam?

Method Man: I don’t even know.

Chronicmagazine.com: Now, you weren’t too happy with you last album either. Did you and Diddy not mesh well?

Method Man: Yeah, but that was Kevin Liles (former president and CEO of Def Jam Records ) putting me with Puffy. Puffy and Meth don’t mix. I’m not saying Puffy’s not good. It’s no disrespect. I’ve got a lot of love for Puff, but Meth and Puff don’t mix. I knew everyone was going to sh*t on it so it didn’t matter. They said this album was crap. Someone always has some snide little sh*t to say about me. I just think motherf*ckers don’t like me - that’s what I think. And I don’t know where that sh*t came from. They’re not saying that about Redman. They’re not saying that about Ghost.

Chronicmagazine.com: Yeah, but lets be real, they’re not moving units either. The industry overall is going through a transformation. Right or wrong, the industry hasn’t just been about quality for a while now.

Method Man: Quality or not, I deserve to be pushed. These n*ggas need to spend some money on me. I’m mad as sh*t at Def Jam. When we were little n*ggas, that was the label you wanted to be on. It was synonymous with hip-hop. I’m caught up with Def Jam. I just want to do well, that’s all.

Chronicmagazine.com: Have thought about really going hard at other avenues outside of music?

Method Man: No. I [don't have any] avenues outside of music.

Chronicmagazine.com: Well, you just did the 'Wire.' What about your acting career?

Method Man: Yeah, but what did that get me? Sh*tted on more by f*cking music critics…I dropped my agents and everything. I left Hollywood alone so I could run and do this album. Then I have n*ggas trying to sh*t on me and the album’s not even out. I think that’s f*cked up.

Chronicmagazine.com: It seems like you're reading a lot of your press. Who are these people?

Method Man: It’s the push and what people are saying. ‘This is his last chance to redeem himself. He’s washed up.' I’ve heard it all.

Chronicmagazine.com: I’ve read things that were totally the opposite. Your fans gave you a lot of love for your recent performance at Axis.

Method Man: It’s the industry. They got my album on the rotten list. I already know because they don’t like me. I was very vocal about their b*llsh*t and what type of hypocrites they are. Half these rappers coming down the wires aren’t even half the lyricists that I am.

Chronicmagazine.com: Yeah, but it’s been like that. People have got on because of relationships, who produces their album, you name it.

Method Man: If my sh*t is weak, and something comes out that’s weaker and these critics act like that sh*t is the truth, credibility is shot.

Chronicmagazine.com: Any last words?

Method Man: F*ck hip-hop, f*ck the n*ggas trying to run it.

Chronicmagazine.com: It’s been real. I hope everything works out. Good luck.

Method Man: I need more than luck. Pray for me.

SOURCE:http://chronicmagazine.com/public.ph...d=1549&level=1

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
damn,,, he got issues.

he really should sign for PioneerUnit and we'll get his career poppin' again ;)