Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Where do we start with Nas — he has a lot going on. Last week, he jumped onstage with Jay-Z in London and said he might join Hov for more stops on the Global Express Tour.

"There are some conversations me and Jay are having about doing some more tour dates," Nas said last week in the U.K. the day before taking the stage at Royal Albert Hall. "Nothing is confirmed, but there are some serious conversations about Africa and a few other countries.

"I would like to do the Africa thing," he continued. "And that would be about it, because it's the most important thing for Africans to see two African-Americans, their lost children, who's been the head of hip-hop culture. ... A lot of our verses are misinterpreted in other countries, and they get the N-word wrong and they don't understand why we come up like this and why we say the things we say. So when they say it and when they do it, they just doing the gangsta mentality. They don't understand where it comes from, so we want to bring that connection from America to Africa and show them what we mean and show the brotherhood and show that me and this brother is about peace."

Nas' peaceful mindset has changed his perspective on some things recently. While some people raised an eyebrow when 50 Cent named a recent mixtape Hip-Hop Is Dead because it's the same title as Nas' upcoming official LP, God's Son said it didn't bother him.

"Honestly, I've always been the kind of guy to come back in and set the tone and wake people up," he said. "I do realize that, and it's sometimes a conscious decision for me to do that and sometimes it's just what I do. So when artists take a mixtape, like 50 Cent is doing Hip-Hop Is Dead, I think that's cool because it's definitely him in agreeance with me. I think the whole rap game is in agreeance with me to some point. I think it's real cool, but my album is the real thing."

Nas' Hip-Hop Is Dead ... The N is supposed to come out in December. He's still working but said we'll be hearing a couple of songs from the album really soon.

"It's probably gonna be a street look," he said. "There's a nice street look I got right now. It's between two songs I'm trying to choose from — [one is] tentatively titled 'New York Stomp' and 'QB True G' is the other one — and there will be a main record that's more mainstream."

Nas is also making the rounds with guest appearances. He's on a remix of LeToya's "She Can't," Hi-Tek's "Music for Life" and Diddy's "Everything I Love," all of which are out now

http://www.mtv.com/bands/m/mixtape_m...headlines=true