• AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

churchofthe latterdayLatte

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-4
    • View Profile
looool.ya i feel you fully D, but...again the nature of this conversation.

@ expl.

f*** blowin up the gautrain...I dare you to tell a Jew that they should not feel as strongly as they do about the holocaust because they were bnot there and ag its all in the past man. let me know on monday.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Dplanet"
no i don't

*sigh* if it was not the fact that I like you i'd not even bother.

I shall send you a few links and reading material.
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "briCK"
no i don't

hahah,, come on briCK,,, don't be like that.

i'm a simple person. if you don't spell things out, i won't understand.

explain to me in simple language how i should be held responsible for things done by people i don't know, don't share common views with, have never met, and probably would not have liked. how does that work?

i understand the argument that some people benefitted at the expense of others, and those people should acknowledge this fact,,, like KONFAB said,

"got more respect for de kock who confessed, repented and meant it
than for the rest of the flock content and unaffected rejecting responsibility"

...but those people were directly responsible, and benefitted directly. where do you draw the line?

I'm not taking responsibility for something simply because i share the same skin colour.

We're all individuals - judge me on what I do, not what 'my people' do.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
i need to get myself one of those tupac single-breasted suit jackets  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "briCK"
no i don't

hahah,, come on briCK,,, don't be like that.

i'm a simple person. if you don't spell things out, i won't understand.

explain to me in simple language how i should be held responsible for things done by people i don't know, don't share common views with, have never met, and probably would not have liked. how does that work?

i understand the argument that some people benefitted at the expense of others, and those people should acknowledge this fact,,, like KONFAB said,

"got more respect for de kock who confessed, repented and meant it
than for the rest of the flock content and unaffected rejecting responsibility"

...but those people were directly responsible, and benefitted directly. where do you draw the line?

I'm not taking responsibility for something simply because i share the same skin colour.

We're all individuals - judge me on what I do, not what 'my people' do.

there is a saying my language that the child of a snake is a snake.

the snake is venomous, with the same poison as that of its parents.

weather or not it chooses to bite is its own perogative but to deny that it is a snake is a snake like trait in itself

Before you think I am talking about white people I will give you background I was told this saying when I was going through denial of [Censored]... something like..get me now?

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
So your agument is based on some crude understanding of genetics? (it has been shown that you can inherit bad genes in terms of a propensity to alcoholism or violence, for example).

If so, I'm not sure that a 'racist' or 'colonialist' gene has been isolated yet.

Furthermore, if you accept that not everyone in a society agrees with what the society as a whole does (dissenters), then you have to accept that I might well not be the 'child of a snake'.

Also, what would happen if, for example, my grandfather was a racist and my mother was an activist? would one genetic propensity cancel out the other? Or would I be like a racist version of the Hulk, just waiting to explode in a colonialist rage at any given moment?

Your argument is just too full of holes.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
you want to take me where I did not want to go.

First the saying lost meaning through translation..what it means is you are your fathers son.

To be "racist', activist or colonialist obviously are not things that one is born with, its individuals choice or influence.

So what I have notied, maybe its now that we are a rainbow nation, is that many white people are distancing themselves from they own people beacuse they are ashamed of what thier ancestors did, and I can not respect anyone who does not respect they linege.

I was talking to a European I just a**umed he was White coz hey..he was white We started speaking about bein Italian and I brought about the Axium Obelix and I asked if it made him shameful that his ancestors stole it from Africa...he Immediatly denouced being pure Italian and told me some long story I was not even listening to..and he shifted blame and said "you should see what the French plunderd".

If I am siting with somone and they talk about uShaka I will not suddenly denounce being Zulu of detaching myself, I won't even say "Don't blame my nacestors deeds on me"

Read back in this thread and many other past threads where the dark history is thrown out there and suddenly cats is like I am not british I am this.

The Child of a snake is a snake is simply a way of saying be proud of your acestors regardless of they deeds coz you are the only one that places a guilt trip on yourself there is notthing more pathetic than an apologetic person..I know DP did not Colonize Africa.

work calls I'll be back[/img]

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
I am not renouncing being british, or being white, or being a londoner, or supporting arsenal, or loving hip hop. I'm not apologising for it either.

I am neither proud or ashamed of being white (as that seems meaningless to me). I don't even see myself as 'European' as there are so many distinct cultures across Europe. I primarily define myself as a Londoner as that is my culture.

I think it's a shame that some people from the same country as me did f***ed up things, but that's it. I'm not taking responsibility for Hitler just cause he's 'European'.

You are obviously gonna make me defensive if you start generalising about 'white people' or 'europeans' because you're making a**umptions about me that are incorrect and I don't want to be represented like that.

All your arguments relate back to one false premise; that people can be categorised by their skin colour. I reject that shit.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile

All your arguments relate back to one false premise; that people can be categorised by their skin colour. I reject that shit.

what then are people categorised by?