Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

October's Hype Magazine [First Mizi Edition]

Dpleezy · 131 · 42698

The Ebony Cat

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
maybe my age prevents it... or maybe it's because i stopped looking at cats... but who is Mizi???
Nyambz... speak to me
The Ebony Cat
Capitalist Nigga No. 1
South Africa

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
Mizi is/was a producer from KZN living in PTA. He's really talented, I think he's going to do a good job.
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

The Ebony Cat

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
Milkdada... how about we get THA MIZ live on AG.. so we can play some Jedi mind trixx.. get the lowdown on the mag and maybe get our own behinds some exposure via the mag... sounds like a plan - DOESN'T IT???
The Ebony Cat
Capitalist Nigga No. 1
South Africa

Blaque_Poetess

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
i reckon we should give the guy a chance. its his first issue, his first time editing a mag, and i mean its not like he has the final say on the contnt. so far,i think hes doing okay. hes smart, ambitious and has  a vision fo HYPE...

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
Quote from: "Blaque_Poetess"
i reckon we should give the guy a chance. its his first issue, his first time editing a mag, and i mean its not like he has the final say on the contnt. so far,i think hes doing okay. hes smart, ambitious and has  a vision fo HYPE...

:wink:
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

Azgod

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
i think fungi leaving was the best thing to ever happen to hype. dude was a serious headache with no concept of good music. He only had a few moments of enlightenment, too few for comfort. he put on too many crews that were not serious about hip hop, like that crew with that song yo yo theory. finally mizi might be the salvation hype's been waiting for...azgod
f hip hop should be anything, it should be everything.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Azgod"
like that crew with that song yo yo theory.

8O  8)
SAY THAT AGAIN! WACK TRACK EVER!

HERE'S THEIR LINE I THINK;

"""WHAT'S UP WITH CATS WITH ON THEIR TRACKS, ALWAYS SAYING YO! YO! YO!,ITS LIKE THEY JUMPIN,ON THE BUS OR SOMETHIN,..."' :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
Haven't checked out current issue. I hope Mizi suceeds. He knows his music. I have listed to some of the stuff he has produced and remixed. What I'll see is the difference an editor brings to such a mag , which already has a target audience, layout, team, etc.

The last ABC figures had Hype doing 19 000 copies per month. I've said tis before, but that's a lot. may not be though the quality as people buy the mag coz there is no other SA hip hop mag. Established mags like the financial mail, etc also sell around 20 - 30 000. A brilliant mag like Bl!nk sells below that. It shows that Hype sells (pun intended).

Good luck to Mizi. dude should not stop making beats tho. i like the jazzy stuff especially. Will cop the mag tommorrow.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
I hear there is a Nthabi sighting and as her greatest fan i think that alone dictates that I cop a copy...also I have always been a closet Hype mag fan..I thought that it truly was a great product so under new management / editor warrants me coping one.
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

Uno.

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-3
  • We getz buzzay and totally berserk!!!
    • View Profile
I've seen the latest issue already and it looks dope, very fruitful and attractive. I think my mans doin well especially that he's coverin the many scenes around the country which happened inadequately previously. Big ups Mizi... and i'm sayin yo peeps in CT are lovin our track we did.
'Off The Radar' is out there at a street near you.

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Quote from: nyambz
Mizi is/was a producer from KZN living in PTA. He's really talented, I think he's going to do a good job.

How very modest and objective, Mr. LeftField!  :wink: Can we get a sequel please?
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

churchofthe latterdayLatte

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-4
    • View Profile
funny, i jhust read my first issue of hype last week- it was free and obviously an oldish edition- august i think...didnt feel so bad chucking it..considering it was the first time i'd ever chucked a mag.the worst writing ever.some shit i was warned against in my std.4 spelling rules cla**. wont be checking it out anytime soon i reckon...good luck to mizi tough.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Just bought this issue...lots dope on first read. I suppose cats need to be real with themselves and admit tha this is a cash cow that needs to be milked..to them i say good luck.

Few complaints..while I appreciate free shit why I gotta pay.

the CD wrapped in Plastic had selotape like material..i tried to detach it from the cover it ripped my cover..so sitting here I am trumatized by the desecreation of Mr Carter. Being as I am in computers ONLY I am not sure what the role of an Editor is coz honestly from the last article Editored by the other looks the exerpt the maybe the Editors comentary in the begining.

So (serious question) What role does and Editor play in a magazine so I can pic an old Hype and see the difference. But like I said the magazine is prbably dope but It like I said before is not targetted at me which is cool.

Posters are Gay..I don't stick posters up..But with that said..I will be sticking one up my wall.... that of the Greatest MCs alive ... Nthabi  I C U.

PS the CD selection is very nice indeed obviously some shit well..but my Favorite Rapper PRO-Kid kills his verse..and the beat?  damn..Dome is just too nice with his beats

Nice Enjoying this..I'll write a review for this Compilation
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

surgeblaqstarr

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-3
    • View Profile
I'm still waitn for my copy of the HYPE mag!It seems to take a while to arrive here in Namibia! :evil:
ealTh is of the Heart and MInd,
Not of the Pocket....................................?????

f*** IT!! I Still PREFER tha POCKET!!

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-9
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nduduzof
shame  :roll:  :roll:
Marco Polo - Marquee ft O.C.
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys
Something Bout Love - The Main Ingredient