Africasgateway.com

Cape Town gig

Uno. · 27 · 6097

Uno.

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-3
  • We getz buzzay and totally berserk!!!
    • View Profile
Yo my CT peeps... so lets share our thoughts about Friday's gig... what do ya'll think? I mean i was on stage and i feel u guyz also needed a share in judgin, who came of nicest or maybe a performance analysis on each crew that performed that evening.
'Off The Radar' is out there at a street near you.

3000 BC

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
sup uno??

u know wut my feeling was about that whole event yo...

what a big a** joke...ha ha ha...can't believe we all found ourselves the groupies of ETC, accompanying these cats to their undeserved GLORY

I mean joe, apparently most people knew that one of these Denmark people was affiliated with these ETC cats, & not just any kind of affiliation, but it turns out one of the 'judges' used to manage these cats b4 leaving for Denmark... hOW crazy's that?  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

anyhoo...

Shorty

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I dunno what happened on Friday. The gig was all good until the announcement of the winners and lyk that it all turned wack. Also the mic's weren't clear at all, peeps really need to look into the technicians they choose. I feel the group that should have gone should be the ones who resonate the most in the CT context and on the night, honestly, it was Driemaanskap. Illiterate Skill ripped it up to though. Other than that the judges and organisers have a lot to answer for because this speaks to CT represenation all over the globe. Well, that's all I have to say...
ot weed?

Uno.

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Jus when I thought i was gaining confidence about CT's hip hop scene then shit happens like that. ALL THE CREWS WERE COMIN OFF YO.. from First Case/Writers block/Ill Skills/Driemanskap/..even Arche got back 2getha for this one for christ sake...i'm talkin about cats who spill sweat & blood for CT's hip hop.I'm sick & tired of these cats from overseas comin down here & disrespect us like this... i mean we hold down the scene here in any case. Anotha thing I dont undastand abt it is- If those denmark peeps could afford to take a crew abroad why do they charge people at the door, especialy artists too, and next thing they neva paid any performers... coz i know for a fact that Lepht would never charge you, a promoter, if you do a gig there without door-takings, but unless you do door-takings they charge you a R1000 only if you don't reach their R5000 turnover at the bar. Its was a good thing when Korianda stepped up on stage and told the audience that these peeps disrespect our shit. I feel the audience needed a share as well in judgin... WHAT DA f*** yo?

VirginPussy

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-2
    • View Profile
haaaaaaaaaa..wats nw results being rigged...wen i heard the results i was like WAT..i understand why Korianda hd to be on tht stage i mean wat the f*** the audience wasn't feeling those EtC cats at all..mofoz even brought their parents...Still got madd respect for cpt crews afta tht, they held it down for real...
 am hell behold!

3000 BC

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote from: "nuwepussy"
..mofoz even brought their parents...

yep...and u know why? coz they already knew they were the 'winners' way b4 the gig even happened...

& then, the idiots still had the nerve to come on stage & bring Jesus Christ into it..."er er, we want to thank Jesus Christ...da da da"

that's when i decided to snatch the mic from this punk,
i mean wut on earth does Jesus Christ have to do with wankers cheatin...TSEK! :evil:

3000 BC

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Shorty"
. Illiterate Skill ripped it up

Co-sign that...

And if i were the judge, it's these cats that would have gone 2 Denmark

Big UPS... ya'll str8 killed ish!

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
that's when i decided to snatch the mic from this punk,

i would have paid to see that!

i dont know if this is asking too much....BUT
anybody got pictures from the event?
please :(

3000 BC

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote from: Witness in silence

i dont know if this is asking too much....BUT
anybody got pictures from the event?
please :(

holler @ uno...he might have documented somethin...not sure though

Uno.

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Thanks for your vote of confidence fellas, i initially would also big ups my crew but the same goes for crews such as Driemanskap, Archetypes, Writers Block and First Case & many others. I'll c what I can do abt pics & footage, i'll hook it up sumtime tomorow. Check Ill-Literate-Skills promo comin out soon at a street near you.

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/

Uno.

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
EYO FELLAZ CHECK THIS OUT, word is those cats were tryin 2 document themselves with their cameraman present there as well (if u guys took note), & tryin 2 create a sum visuals that will make people buy their story- that maybe they're the dopest crew in CT. (I won't reveal my sources but i'd like to say 2 my mans DJ Whitenite, George and the rest of crew that we ain't hatin, u guys did what you were doin but we don't think its fair that way.. go well tho on your trip).

hater

• Guppie
    • View Profile
dudes i live in cape town and have almost went into the extreme of hating hiphop because the truth hurts...DUDES IN CAPE DO NOT TAKE THEIR SHIT SERIOUS...niggaz drop whatever noise then they start acting as if they are stars. no disrespect but i think cats need to start putting some effort on quality of their hiphop... production,performance etc. in the next two years we will still be singing "cape town has no resources" when the truth is, niggas  are not willing to trade their nuts for local hiphop to be serious.

gido

• View Profile
i'm out in cape town temporarily & i happened 2 b @ spot on friday. 4 me illiterate skill, archetypes and driemannskaap rocked well. and of course, those two sistaz who were hosting, straight killed it, despite the sound sabortage, u could tell they r on the proper levels with their rymes.

does anyone know who they r? i wouldn't mind gettin at one of them (the dreaded darkie) for other reasons :wink:
eadknotarnachist/esotericverbalist/
godledmystic/

king daniel

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/danielinfluence
allow me to adopt the vantage point of an outsider looking in....seems i and i got blaxploited again. them use us for free shows and prosper while we walk to the train station scenario. this is largely the problem in mzantsi hiphop. there's no agents or reps/a&r's for these ppl to deal with and the artists put theyselves in an uncomfortable position by dealing with both excecuting the show and liasing with the events organisers on a personal level. in my view this doesn't work as it leaves you in the sad state of working for your friends. we all know that these competitions, battles of the years and whatnot is political. by this i mean the outcome is always predetermined. na matter which way you look at it. that's why this ting go keep recurring till we get more professional about our music and meet on a regular basis not to ciphe or battle but to strategise as to where we can take this movement collectivly to the next. bigups to etc crew i'm sure y'all holdin it down and whatknot . however in the bigger picture of tings we can all agree that these fellas are not what we can refer to as underprivleged. they could prolly get to copenhagen in a second without batting an eyelid while the rest of us got to do cash in transit heists just to win bread. and in terms of product to back me na remember seeing a cd or mp3 from this outfit. so if anyone has such a track please do me someting and upload that joint. me i'm listening to anonamystics at the moment. this is some dark ish from bergvliet word to gummy for putting me on.
like remember a case in point one night we was getting ready to rhyme and them gangsta bastas took us off the set on some 'this a strictly rasta bussiness we a deal with' bomborasclaat. that's how come we literally fighting tooth and nail in order for the same spaghetti dreads to give us airtime and platforms when in essence we been putting them on for a minute.that's why my favourite rhetorical question remains 'but is it art?'
when friends are dark days are few