Africasgateway.com

Bad Day Good ending

morph · 15 · 2799

morph

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
word
The perpose of this is to find out from people on the site what was the most unforgetable day in sa hip hop that they will never forget

please list in the following order

1.Best unofficail Battle
2.Best hip hop event Ever staget in sa
3.Worst event to be staged in sa hip hop wise
4.the wost  battle ever

The best spot to chil in j-section on a friday afternoon was the square how many cats on this site used to or are still going there on fridays or whatever   8-)
..Insanity is coasting throught life in a miserable existance when you have a key to a lion locked inside

Isis

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • http://nada
I don know anythang bout sa hiphop but i´ll throw in ma 2 cents
the first concert i went to was the hard knock life and man it stuck on me
when X peformed slippin i was high wildin out cryin- one of the best days of ma life

Anonymous

best was the peter stuyvesaint shit in early 90´s
with snoop dogg
the worst is whats happening now when emcees only promote their stuff in jo´burg

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
For me the best events to be staged in SA are :

Black August.
That shit was off the hook. I was high as a muthaf***a. I remeber when Kweli performed "Love Language" and the whole crowd was singing to the song "Love,Love,Love,Love", that shit was beautiful man. There was this cat from my street who i met there,that muthaf***a was drunk as hell, and niggas kept pickin him up and throwing his drunk a** up in the air. The one time they thew him up and someone slipped and didn´t catch him properly and he came crashing to the floor. OUCCHH!! That muthaf***a stood up and continued dancing like nothing happened. I remember Jeru saying f*** all the people in VIP, he only rocks for the regular niggas and muthaf***as just went wild. That was a great night.

My second best has to be the first Dead Prez concert. Me and my crew didn´t have dough, so we went to those shacks around BREE street to buy weed. My nigga got a huge bag of weed for like R5. That shit was wack but it really f***ed us up. I remeber there where a lot of white kids in there wearing dead prez t-shirts, which was funny cause dead prez where continuosly dissing them. We made sure we said the lyrics to every song so they could hear us out loud. We where hoping to come out with a confrontation, but all those punk-a** white boys where shook as f***.

The last one has to be the Teledex Hip-hop show at the Zoo.When that old white dude from Teledex said we should give the cops and the neighbours the middle finger, everybody went wild man. That´s shit was lovely.

Dammmnn i love this hiphop shit.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Anonymous

Black August was dope says my cous. i think that Zoo Showdown was overrated with h2o and zubz and this other guy sayin in their chorus: if u white then u aint african and if u dont sound african then u aint african. now i think that is straight bullshit. i would have expected better shit from h2o.  for me the 2 best were 5th floor and that other cape crew with all the coloured guys (whats thier name).
another dope joint was in august or september when concentrationcamp did a show at cd wharehouse in rosebank and then went on to the barrel and did the rest there. there was hymphatic thabs, dick smegma, basemental platform, audio visual, snazz d. DOPE SHIT

LazySamuel

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hiphop.nu/
ps: that was me speakin rite there.
i have seen no battle in my whole life in SA
imminy rickets aka curse pettersson

morph

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
It does not haver to be somethign on tv just in cipher like eerrr

the square(jozi) when it was the spot outside clubs or anywhere you know
..Insanity is coasting throught life in a miserable existance when you have a key to a lion locked inside

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

1.Best unofficail Battle - too many nice ones, and anyway cats will get big headed

2.Best hip hop event Ever staget in sa - yep, black august was nice. Would like to see the annual hiphop indaba someday cause it looks like a ma**ive bash.  

3.Worst event to be staged in sa hip hop wise - ? - no idea -but I heard the misfortune of ending up in some shady "hiphop clubs" more than once.

4.the wost  battle ever - ?- again no clue - maybe some drunk kids who, started rapping last week, at gandhi square? See they so wack, I cant remeber their names.

beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

dropbomb

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +1/-3
  • God's Miracle
    • View Profile
    • Nuclear
Quote:

20-11-2003 at 02:48, MrC wrote:
For me the best events to be staged in SA are :

Black August.
That shit was off the hook. I was high as a muthaf***a. I remeber when Kweli performed "Love Language" and the whole crowd was singing to the song "Love,Love,Love,Love", that shit was beautiful man. There was this cat from my street who i met there,that muthaf***a was drunk as hell, and niggas kept pickin him up and throwing his drunk a** up in the air. The one time they thew him up and someone slipped and didn´t catch him properly and he came crashing to the floor. OUCCHH!! That muthaf***a stood up and continued dancing like nothing happened. I remember Jeru saying f*** all the people in VIP, he only rocks for the regular niggas and muthaf***as just went wild. That was a great night.

My second best has to be the first Dead Prez concert. Me and my crew didn´t have dough, so we went to those shacks around BREE street to buy weed. My nigga got a huge bag of weed for like R5. That shit was wack but it really f***ed us up. I remeber there where a lot of white kids in there wearing dead prez t-shirts, which was funny cause dead prez where continuosly dissing them. We made sure we said the lyrics to every song so they could hear us out loud. We where hoping to come out with a confrontation, but all those punk-a** white boys where shook as f***.

The last one has to be the Teledex Hip-hop show at the Zoo.When that old white dude from Teledex said we should give the cops and the neighbours the middle finger, everybody went wild man. That´s shit was lovely.

Dammmnn i love this hiphop shit.

tooke em rite on ma finger tips damn tht is it rite there the timre i would not forget jus happened to be on all of em and a felt like damn this is good 4 SA hip hop
so there mr C is like u read ma mind son

word  ;-)

LazySamuel

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
yeah the zoo showdown here in jhb was pretty dope although h2o ande zubz disapointed me with that one song they did together. wrong message completly.
5ht floor and cashless society were the 2 crews worthy of the prize. ill shit from both as per usual.
mr C, whats it with u and white ´´punk a**´´ boys huh? im a white emcee myself and am by now used to black emcees callin me wack as f*** or spoiled brat before hearin me or knowin me. i dont go to an indian emcee and call him a wack a** coolie rapper. so plz explain to me wats up with that. or r u just copyin other peeps u hear grabbin the mic.

BIG UPs to the movers and f*** the people that cant get out of the past.

Anonymous

Quote:

22-11-2003 at 14:20, LazySamuel wrote:
yeah the zoo showdown here in jhb was pretty dope although h2o ande zubz disapointed me with that one song they did together. wrong message completly.
5ht floor and cashless society were the 2 crews worthy of the prize. ill shit from both as per usual.
mr C, whats it with u and white ´´punk a**´´ boys huh? im a white emcee myself and am by now used to black emcees callin me wack as f*** or spoiled brat before hearin me or knowin me. i dont go to an indian emcee and call him a wack a** coolie rapper. so plz explain to me wats up with that. or r u just copyin other peeps u hear grabbin the mic.

BIG UPs to the movers and f*** the people that cant get out of the past.

No direspect to u or anything cuz your probably a true head, but come on now, white kids at a DEAD PREZ CONCERT ??? Those are just dick-riders who heard there was a hip-hop concert and figured they should go and attend. Now, how do u go support a group that constantly bashing white people ??
I have nothing against white kids listening to hip-hop, but sometimes i get overprotective over this shit and rightfully i should be. Remember what happened to jazz, rock ´n roll ?

And one more thing, me sayin punk a**-white boys and u sayin a wack-a** COOLIE rapper are 2 different things. I never included any racist remarks in my statement.

LazySamuel

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
woah! i wasnt talkin bout dead prez, just MOST black cats attitude to white cats doin that hip hop thing too. when i said "wack a** coolie rapper" i wasnt sayin i call indian emcees that, i was just makin a comparison between a black emcee callin me wack cuz im white. thats the general response i get. so im not gonna be prejudice or racist (cuz i aint). im just sayin
im not a huge dead prez fan, due to the fact that they still seem to think their back in the 60s in the US or somethin, but those to tracks off "lets get free" r pretty dope: disipline and mind sex + wolves and happy.

PEACE

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I was thinking the same thing as Lazy sam, when I read MR.c´s post about the Punka** white boys.

The Black mc´s are always picking on me because of my plaid skin, and yellow eyes. They change their tune very quickly though after I hand them their a**es on the mic. f*** I dont even need a mic cos of my  extremely powerful vocal chords, I just speak in my normal tone of voice and I silence the loudest speakers with my extremely intelligent lyricism.

Dead Prez are a couple of racist pricks. I´m not saying their mnusic isn´t good, but they shouldn´t confuse reverse racism with Black pride. Cos the on is a very beautiful thing and the other is just f***ed up.

LazySamuel

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
i wasnt callin u racist neither.
PEACE son

CaptainScti

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile

The dead prez debate should have it´s own thread we are celebrating SA Hip hop history here so keep it moving...

Anyway my contribution...

1.Best unofficail Battle
This was at the old Le Club Robbo had just perfomed rocked the crowd. So this one wack kid an a**ylum Tribe affiliate Washtower (wtf) decides it´s his time to get 15 minutes of fame as Bionic switches the mic off he grabs the mic and starts dissing Robbo weak saying things like Robbbooooo you´re slowwww
He make a fool of himself. Bionic decides to cut him off but Robbo wants to retailate and Bionic wont let him saying open mike is over. What followed was one of the most magical hip hop moments ever.
Robbo takes the mic, no beat and kills this kid and his future children with just two line "Rappers step on the mic acting like they immaculate/Kid you suck so much I´m about to ejaculate." Lights out....

2.Best hip hop event Ever staget in sa
Definately the first time dead prez came here at the Mega Music Wharehouse
It felt like they were 50 000 thousand people in there. Second runner up is seeing The Scratch Pervets at Reality. Dope.

3.Worst event to be staged in sa hip hop wise
I really do not have the worst one ever I can´t recall

4.the worst  battle ever..
Plenty of these. Any "battle" involving Georgeous Flash. Some kid trying to step up to Yang Weapon calling him an albino. Weak. What´s worse Yang let him off. And yes the horrible UK mc VS SA mc on Y-fm Rapactivity Jam.
I sure those the blacks in the UK are the most cla**less, not creative, corny group of black people in the world serious.          

ou work for me now