SA Hiphop already going the wrong route

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
What´s up ya´ll,

I know i complain a lot, but like Common sense  said :
"if i don´t like it, i don´t like it , don´t mean that i´m hating"

I know the hip-hop scene in SA is only starting to jump off, but what are some of the things u have noticed that are starting to go wrong or are just straight up wack ? Here´s my list :

1. Arthur rapping - I couldn´t believe this shit when i saw it. The hardcore grandfather of kwaito is now doing hip-hop ? This shit is uncalled for. Somebody should pull his card. I doubt anyone will diss him for this as all the fore-front hip-hop arists are on the kwaito´s artists dick so they can make some industry friends.

2. www.mossyde.com/music.html - i know this nigga is from Botswana, but what the f*** is this shit. What´s up with Botswana cats anyway (Stagga), why are they on that playa shit ?

3. Skwatta Kamp winning the Metro award - On the real now, i used to f***in dig skwatta,i think they are currently falling off( that "Carnival" song is f***in irritating), and maybe Trinity or Cashless should have won that award ?

4. People not giving H2O their props. Now i don´t understand people who say these guys are wack. To me they are true to themselves and IKASI and i appreciate that. I went  to their show at Cafe Vogue and i enjoyed it thoroughly.

5.  That stupid music show on SABC1, One. They where having a battle between the Amu´s song, "Act Crazy" and the Mizchif song "Wonderful World", and AMU WON ? WTF ? That Mizchif song if my jam, and is 1000X better than that bullshit AMU is releasing.

6. Selwyn
I used to f***in adore this nigga. Back in the day when i got into hip-hop (around ´91,´92) i used to see this muthaf***a in Carlton Center all the time, with vynils of Heavy D, Special ED, KRS-ONE, and iwanted to be down with him so much. I read in some interview where he was saying he nearly quit this rap shit, and then he releases that wack "E-Jozi" shit as his first single ? U can do better than that nigga.

I feel much better now. Come on ya´ll , let´s shit on our own industry before it´s even fully developed. DESTROY AND REBUILD.

"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

General In8

• luv God n hip hop
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +6/-6
    • View Profile
    • http://www.africasgateway.com
True dat brotha!!!

I kno wat u mean bout skwatta nd shit i mean i thot they were der shit wen i forst got involved.den thanx 2 dis this site i started listenin to da lyrical content nd its f***in shit! specially infa! I mean f***!!

Amu is 1 o my personal frends but i can honestly say wat hes doin now is shit! I mean its gone sooo commercial and i don have nething against commercial hip hop its just dat pepol r cin da rong side o it. Like skwatta kamp nd thembi de wete bullshit.

Ya my 2c worth :-D
spread love in da music

Anonymous

man i really agree

amu>>    the whole act crazy joint is trash including the video.its like makin a track called in da club but the video is shot at the graveyard.nobody is acting crazy

mizchief>>he´s been in da game for long but he is still doing boring beats.an example of niggaz who are allergic to improvement

arthur maestro>>he heard that hip hop is making it big and decided to make a name for himself.another person who is givin hip hop a bad name

h20>>they are good.lookin at a song like it´s wonderful i won´t consider that a hip hop song.it´s a true soul song.the should consider working with indie arie.on a note i give them high respect

skwaata kamp>>they are going places
i give ´em props.keep makin it big

kingdavid>>thats the future of hip hop.the lord of the mixtapes

tip..listen to mylife[cam´ron]

kingdavid

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
  • Hello Hater
    • View Profile
    • www.soundclick.com/viavalehustleproductions

TakticOne

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.takticone.tk
i think one tha worst commercial exploitations of the culture is a little t´v show on fridayz called shizniz - Oay granted some headz are getting coverage but for real? is it worth it to drag hiphop through the mud like this?

why is hiphop becomin pop-culture. it´s sad
onelove
o this is TakticOne -
rememba the name -

morph

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Word

Yo i got to streess this point i remember telling the Milk man about this before the whole thing was at this point

I said the is goint to be a problem when a kwaito making person starts doing this hip hop shh and the problem i stated was tha it was going to be hard to distunguish this ishh
arthur doing hip hop

on the whole H2O thing i cant realy coment that much cause i know stuff about these cats that i should not post here.but hey props to them thier style is more on some neo soul SA tip

that botswana thing i dont think they will much hype and the radio stations will be onthier D#$% and B$%^ then they will just die out

the way i look at this is that we know whats true or not being into the hip hop culture (although we have our differences ) we should support the ones who really desreve it and just forget about the others and do our thing make sure we craete much hype with what we do and forget about radio stations cause word of m,outh is better than any other i have form of advertising so hey

Milk man you need to make sure when the ag comp comes out it hits the necesary places that know what true and ...er when is it coming out anyway ??

thats my 2 cents worth at this point in time more to follow

morph is out  
8-)
..Insanity is coasting throught life in a miserable existance when you have a key to a lion locked inside

General In8

• luv God n hip hop
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
True dat!! Shizniz is WACK!!! personally i dont see any good coverage on these bro´s cos da fact dat dey have to stoop so low 2 get publicity (stupid publicity) is just sad. I mean next thing you know they´ll be Wild Wild Guests on YoTv´s WILDROOM!!!!
spread love in da music

TakticOne

• Guppie
    • View Profile
okay yo I never heard of tha wildroom, but for real!
can´t we complain to the Broadcasting commission and point out the evil it´s doing to the culture... really I would be sad if someone were to say, "Oh your an emcee, you ever been on Shizniz?" I might puke.
o this is TakticOne -
rememba the name -

morph

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
You see right there
SABC is taking the wrong approach to hip hop by making shows all over the spot about "hip hop" or so they call it

they are trying to get viewers off the mtv and stuff by emulating them i mean s#$tis wrong man

this is getting out of hand next thing you know KFM will have an mc show or something

someone needs to set the record straight  :-[
..Insanity is coasting throught life in a miserable existance when you have a key to a lion locked inside

General In8

• luv God n hip hop
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Wat can we say Its a f***ed up life 4 us, its a bitch of a life 4 us! Instead of airplay we get shit, and they call skwatta real hip hop! Its a hard not life! :-?
spread love in da music

TakticOne

• Guppie
    • View Profile
to be completely honest the way the culture is in the main stream has made me determined to stay underground until things catch the reck - you feelin me - I don´t wanna be a part of this mc mickey mouse madness!
I say we gotta stay true to tha game and rep tha underground until things blow over or blow up.
onelove
o this is TakticOne -
rememba the name -

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Quote:

20-11-2003 at 05:13, Molybdenum wrote:
Wat can we say Its a f***ed up life 4 us, its a bitch of a life 4 us! Instead of airplay we get shit, and they call skwatta real hip hop! Its a hard not life! :-?

There is one thing and only one thing we can do to rectify the situation. Get on the BUS and force the bus driver to take OUR route, if u know what i mean.

If we really wanna save this shit, we all need to get involved. It doesn´t help bitching and moaning about it, and then doing nothing to rectify it. That´s probably the main reason why i started this thread . With it being so f***ed up already, how do we make sure it doesn´t end up like it is in America ?

Simple. Make DOPE HIP-HOP MUSIC. My compilation will be my contribution to the CAUSE.

LET THE REVOLUTION BEGIN, AND IT DAMN SURE WON´T BE TELEVISED.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Quote:

20-11-2003 at 05:16, TakticOne wrote:
to be completely honest the way the culture is in the main stream has made me determined to stay underground until things catch the reck - you feelin me - I don´t wanna be a part of this mc mickey mouse madness!
I say we gotta stay true to tha game and rep tha underground until things blow over or blow up.
onelove

See that´s exaclty what we don´t need. Who or How will things blow over by themselves  ?  No Jesus Christ is gonna come save this shit man. We gotta do it ourselves. And f*** the underground. There aint no such thing anymore. The underground nowadays is more of a disgrace that commercial cats are.

General In8

• luv God n hip hop
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Ya Damn Rite! Once we get on dat bus, NO TV 4 US!!!!  :-]
spread love in da music