Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

JIGGA IN JOZI

Blaque_Poetess

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
WOW....im actually just speechless. jay-z is not a performer he is SUPERSTAR epitomised. He put on a craaaazy show.....well worth my money!!!!what did ya'll think of the concert?????

churchofthe latterdayLatte

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-4
    • View Profile
loved it! i think joburg shocked him- he had this costant look of amazement on his face- all my african people were there- Zim, (H-town ma**ive) Zambia, Bots, Lesotho....Thank you every1- twas mostt electric!

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-4
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
Missed it.  Fasting, prepped food for my better half's fam and stuff couldn't go.  Props to the man heard it was too ill.  Anyone make it to the Green Lantern afterparty?  Heard that was the business too a lot went into the prep...  Lemme know if anyone made it through.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Shyt was off the hook. Jay-Z is the f***en man. I feel sorry for all these "underground" rappers who think Jigga is wack. Next to the Busta this was the best hip-hop show yet. Cats should have just swallowed their pride and went to check out how to put on a show.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "MrC"
I feel sorry for all these "underground" rappers who think Jigga is wack. Next to the Busta this was the best hip-hop show yet. Cats should have just swallowed their pride and went to check out how to put on a show.

co-sig that!!

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
"Who you know fresher than Hov riddle me that?.."

This was the sickness. I have had the opportunity to see many a great hip hop act this year (ATCQ; KRS; Little Brother...) but not until Saturday did I feel the pa**ion that was in the air. My Southern African family was in attendance from as far afield as Malawi for Jigga!

Mofo's were punching each other in the crowd, girls yanking on each other's weaves! I had to stop THREE fights in my general proximity & I aint even know the mofos!

Seen mad AG peeps there (what up Mbalentle?!). What would have been useful would have been some official AG concert gear like the t-shirts were once talked about...but thats another thread...

Jigga killed it. Mad crowd interaction/ participation of a seasoned professional (reading mofo's banners & all); mad stage prescence; good track selection  given the crowd. Definately an 80percentile show one the best I've seen all year.

Gripes:
No Nas :cry:
No Reasonable Doubt tracks  :cry:
Not enough Relevant Research - would have been nice to here him say something relevant besides the cliche "I feel like I am home" rhetoric.

Props to Bouga 2-shoes (that mofo's on steriods) for opening up nicely & warming up the crowd.

P.S. Fugg an underground rapper refusing to learn from a professional of this caliber.

THE ROC was in the building!

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-4
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
Yaya. Shut it Tate I'm sorry but I feel like I missed the apocalypse.  Thought I wouldn't mind missing it for my fasting duties and now look. I missed the best show of the year... for chocolate mousse cake. shyeeet.

HOW WAS THE AFTER PARTY AND DID JIGGA PULL THROUGH?

Beaker

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mg.co.za
Quote from: "Sensai_Tate"

Props to Bouga 2-shoes (that mofo's on steriods)

Thought i was the only one who saw that... 8O

SKILLINUF

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
yo... sup people.... i won't even begin talking about the concert..... it was way of the hinges... if like me you been watching the movie Fade to Black like twice a week for the past 8 months, then you can relate in me saying that it wasn't an ordinary concert by any measure..... but i'll let you tell it...

Now, the afterparty.....WOW!!!!....unbelievable...... what actually happened is that the official afterparty was at Palms, but that Evil Genius killed them by announcing that the 'official' party is at taboo... anyway... he was just pulling through to support cats he had been chilling with all week.... he wanted a set.... they said he could play as long as he wanted... he got on decks at 1:30am till like 5am when it all ended... i must say... the girls were pretty.... the venue is tight (a little pricey (R100 - R150), and the dress codes was ama kick and boboza a.k.a. square toe.. a.k.a.  tariana... a.k.a formal dressish..) so a lot of people got bounced cause clearly you wanna be comfortable at a concert..... now..... green lantern is brilliant.... to be able to hold a crowd for so long and play such good music..... i realised what a DJ is this weekend... no dissing other DJ's, but the stuff we ussed to is cats sequencing tracks.... it had nothing to do with scratching or whatever.... just the level of research, energy and choice in the tracks was second to none.... he would drop in an r&B track, dancehall, 70's tracks, michaerl jackson, all one comfortable snare platforms for the non hip hoppers to enjoy.... unbelievable.....

Rihanna and her dancers rocked up....lantern supposedly told them to come through... so he made a special night of it..... he killed it by dropping 2 tracks from jay's new album....... both produced by just blaze.... obviously people weren't used to them... but they had the usual just blaze feel to them....

Green Lantern is skillinuf no doubt......... i think smart DJ's shouls aspire to be that entertaining.... i always thought that a DJ talking while playing must be irritating... it was okay this weekend... them ultra proffesional DJ are performers too...period..... so DJ's please take it to the next level.....

skillz........
 don't care if you thought I was SKILLINUF......... I'm RICK JAMES BITCH!!!!

Nthabi

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Sensai_Tate"
"Who you know fresher than Hov riddle me that?.."

Gripes:
No Nas :cry:
No Reasonable Doubt tracks  :cry:
I agree.Would've loved to see him perform the Dead Presidents Track...eish...
Not enough Relevant Research - would have been nice to here him say something relevant besides the cliche "I feel like I am home" rhetoric.

Props to Bouga 2-shoes (that mofo's on steriods) for opening up nicely & warming up the crowd.
 :lol:  :lol:

THE ROC was in the building!

All in all, I had a good time...except for Rihanna's performance. It did nothing FOR ME! (before some ag peeps start calling me a hater :roll: )
But yeah...nice one Jigga 8)
quot;It's your aptitude, not just your attitude that determines your ultimate altitude"- zig ziglar

http://www.myspace.com/mcnthabi

"OUT NOW!!

Shorty

• Guppie
    • View Profile
Hey I caught the concert in Cape Town and Rihanna sucked really badly, I had to mention this because I didn't in my previous Jigga entry. There was even a moment when one of the dancers jumped on the other and they went crashing into ther speakers...weak.
ot weed?

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-17
    • View Profile
* she halla's back ^^^ *

enough drama. on some 'fak'imali uzobona'. i have never been so squashed in my lewe. and consequently i have never been so rude to people i dont know. like you needs to chill. back the phuck up. no one needs to get hurt.

kabelo...hmmm. i must stay i dont understand what the ts records fam (nthando included!) stunt was about. stunt being the operative word. and the jury is still very out. and yes. there was a bit of a chuckle about kabelo's witness the fitness business (oh look. it rhymes. chuckle).

rihanna. she just isnt my 'innocent' sex kitten of choice sham. and thats that :arrow:  

tate. thought id be the only one with gripes. but it seems our thoughts meet and collide at the same time.

track selection - i feel like he went out of his way to cover most of the commercial hits. there are tracks that i didnt think would make it that were there. and tracks that may not necessarily be the commercial ones. but tracks we love and feel nonetheless tracks that i feel add a bit more dimension to j. that i felt were missing.
and i also wondered about the research that went into the choices that were made. this being jozi and all.  

i was like oh please. you dont have to. you dont have to go there. its okay. none of that home coming shizay. fight the feeling. ouch.

i didnt want to feel like i was in fade to black. which raises the question i guess for me. of having your thang locked down aswell as leaving space for something new to find its way into the performance. too much perfection = formula. but j's not trying to be taking chances with his shyt. he is good at what he does.

and perhaps my moment. the people and their diamonds in the sky. encore. africa screaming. hova. hova. hova. i was like wow. moment.

am i the only person who saw the bottle of moet on the dj table. next to the bottles of water. cla**ic.

...IN DUE TIME. WHEN CRIME FLEES MY MIND. ALL SNEAK THIEVES AND PLAYER HATERS CAN SHINE. BUT UNTIL THEN. I KEEP THE TRILLION CUT DIAMOND SHINING BRILLIANT. I TELL YOU HALF THE STORY. THE REST YOU FILLIN IN. LONG AS THE VILLAIN WIN...

shawn carter is thorough.
- soul activist. poet. flower. fairy -

emjay7

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
So I'm going crazy there like Jigga is gonna do Dead Presidents, Friend of Foe, Ain't No Niga, 22 Two's, Dévils, Can't Knock the Hustle.No Primo tracks? Nothing from Vol 1, my third favourite Jigga album....Just shows how deep the man's catalogue really is...

Funny moment: Rihanna is miming her arse off and some peeps from where I was standing start screaming, 'Move bitch get out the way, bitch get out the way!

churchofthe latterdayLatte

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-4
    • View Profile
please tell me you all saw the tubbier of the two of 'Pon de forehead's dancers bail hard! that was mad funny.she almost tumbled off stage- she was the better dancer though...someone needs to knock the juliard out the skinny one- her moves aint street.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Here is a Video of the final song of the night I took with my digi-cam.

Sound is isht but you can feel the vibe: