Africasgateway.com

Game Tells Jay-Z To Push His Album Back

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
The Game Tells Jay-Z To Push His Album Back

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With The Doctor's Advocate set to drop less than a month from now, The Game is advising competitors to push their albums back, even Jay-Z...

"As far as my release date, November 14th, and Jay dropping on the 21st, he should move his album away. Like Jay is a legend, we all love Jay and respect Jay but it's that out of retirement album," Game told SOHH.com. "[Everyon'e wondering] are we gonna get the old Michael Jordan back or are gonna get that Mike that played for the Wizards so everyone's is gonna wait to see what he's gonna do --- but I know what I got."

"It's sort of like poker. When you know you got a royal flush it doesn't even matter what the rest of the players got, cause once I lay these cards out the f***ing game is over and that's just how it is," Game continued. "So with Jay being a week behind me, Jay's gotta worry about Snoop [Dogg] and vice versa cause they're dropping on the same day. Me, I got my own day and a whole 7 days to sell a million records and I might outsell them the second week, who knows."

On another note, The Doctor's Advocate's cover art was recently unveiled. Heads were shocked to notice that the cover bares a striking resemblance to its predecessor, The Documentary.

"Five, ten years from now when I look back at my albums I want them to tie in. It's a growth process. [The] first album I went from 15 inch gold Dayton's [tires]. Those Daytons are the cheapest, the Compton emcee explained. "I was sitting on two gold tires. You can't get nowhere with two tires unless you on a motorcycle, you obviously need two more rims. With the first album that picture it basically saying that I was stuck in this place for so long in my life, Compton...you know, the struggle. But I was at a stand still cause you can't go anywhere unless you got four tires. So I was just sitting there posting."

"So on this one there are two 26 [inch] chrome Daytons," he added. "Those are top of the line. On this album I'm sitting on four tires, so it's time to get the ball rolling and make moves in hip-hop. And the next album we'll try to keep it similar to the second one and keep establishing that chemistry and tie these things in."

The Game's The Doctor's Advocate is slated to hit stores November 14th.

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
The Game is one confused MOFO...He done f***ed up by dissin' Guerilla Unit, he like a dog dat bites the hand dat feeds it....Am definate this new album of his is gonn' flop...
He got too big headed after that documentary album, Dre this , Dre that...Jigga shudn't push his album back, teach the kid a lesson

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Quote from: "MCekks"
The Game is one confused MOFO...He done f***ed up by dissin' Guerilla Unit, he like a dog dat bites the hand dat feeds it....Am definate this new album of his is gonn' flop...
He got too big headed after that documentary album, Dre this , Dre that...Jigga shudn't push his album back, teach the kid a lesson

You d be suprised! U know :roll:
2006 is quite an unpredictable year in terms of records sales.
Who would have thought  Young Joc (OR MASE JR :lol: ) would go Platinum.IF THIS LIL BOY,CAN GO PLAT WHATS STOPPIN GAME :?:

whitewash

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • 25toLyf
game talkin big lets see if his album lives up to it...only time will tell

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-22
    • View Profile
Incase you haven't seen the artwork yet...

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
the game's got that fire in his heart,,, he's like a possessed man,,, i'm not betting against him.

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
I think the fact that Dre produced the Documentary we loved the game, because it was that tme when Dre was hot off 50's album, Now that i listen to the Documentary, to me it sounds like an NWA jingle cd, every third line is dre this and dre that. With the new album it took a different turn, He didnt need 50 cent to have a hot single. So My chips are on the Game, he going to make it big, as for Jigga, Honestly I dont know! Well I am hoping it will be a good album.

Explicit

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
To me it's all about who is hungriest. What's Jigga got left to talk about? How much Cristal he's got in his fridge? A really boring shareholders meeting he had in his penthouse downtown office? What it's like touring with his girlfriend?

Naaa man,,, I ain't trying to hear any of that. Same goes for Nas,,, Hip Hop hasn't died, it's moved on.

Dokter

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
My 2 cents...

On the topic of Game's album, I don't think it will flop. I think it's gonna be a good rap album, for the simple fact that Game is going all out to prove that he can hold his own without Dre on the boards and 50 on the hooks. That hunger and determination will be evident in his music, it came through real strong on his "One Blood" track. On the whole G-Unit debate, I think Game will outsell Banks and Buck again, but his next single's gotta be better than "Lets Ride (Strip Club)", cos I don't think its THAT strong as a first single.

On the topic of Jay-Z, this album can't possibly flop, and its not down to unbelievable music here. There is such a hype around this "come back" its impossible that it won't be a success. It's on everyones list anyway, I mean, Jay-Z's new video "Show me what u got" played on ESPN! Who gets that right? Jay-Z just signed another deal with some beer company to become co-brand DIRECTOR. At the end of their tv ads, "Jay-Z new album Nov 21" is displayed. This dude gots his bizniz on lock. MTV & BET is a given.
Jay-Z has so much muscle in terms of business connects, I can't see this come back album flopping, regardless of the fact that his first single isn't that strong either. Beat is tight though, great stuff from Just Blaze.

Neither of these albums will be a flop I think, but Jay-Z wins this hands down, whether he gives good music or not. He's got that legacy, he's got the pop market and he's just too powerful.

Interesting to see how this plays out...

emjay7

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Next week you gonna hear The Game apologising to Jigga saying he didn't mean to say that. I'm tired of these oukes stirring shit up b4 their album drops. PersonallyI can't wait to hear to hear Jay-Z's new album.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Quote from: "emjay7"
Next week you gonna hear The Game apologising to Jigga saying he didn't mean to say that. I'm tired of these oukes stirring shit up b4 their album drops. PersonallyI can't wait to hear to hear Jay-Z's new album.

He he
he ll do that AIT! 4 the 2nd time :lol:

blaqsouljah

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-0
    • View Profile
i saw jigga's latest video - and it's big pimping, just the grown up version. it's what one always expects of him - flashy dude, telling us how he's paid and all that.

but i think game may have every reason to be 'slightly' cocky / confident - whichever way you want to look at it. he's working hard for his dues - but then again one will have to wait to see what time has in store.
My parents said i could be whatever i wanted, so i chose to become an a**hole

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
but he still just looks like a homeless dude who drank too much meths. :lol:

emjay7

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
I don't think The Gayme is capable of an eight bar rhyme without name dropping.

churchofthe latterdayLatte

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-4
    • View Profile
cosign with planet...boy put the west back on the map...and the street back into hip hop...cats were going soft until game woke em the f*** up.he's gotten at everybody...even the ones under the radar,steady on the sleep...including ra** ka**.no, he wont flop...with or without fi'tttee, or andre...well thats debateable...*no west without dre theory rears its ugly head.*