Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Mobb Deep plane nearly Crashed

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Lol @ PRODIGY,ISNT IT IRONIC, CRYING FOR WHAT??? PRAYING??

"I saw the flames coming from the plane and I started crying"-Prodigy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mobb Deep, Sam Scarfo, 40 Glocc Almost Killed In Plane Incident, Havoc Speaks
By Remmie Fresh
Date: 10/23/2006 11:30 am

A plane carrying rappers Mobb Deep, 40 Glocc and Sam Scarfo was forced to make an emergency landing early Saturday morning (Oct. 21) after flames and smoke started to shoot out one of the transport's engines.

After missing a connecting flight to Chile, the group of rappers caught a Delta flight, which was to take them to Chile for a number of shows.

"Almost an hour into the flight, the plane began dropping and rising and dropping again, soon after which pa**engers noticed flames and smoke pouring out of one of the engines," a press statement read.

Afterward, a pilot revealed that one of the engines had ceased to function and that the flight would land into Tampa, Fla., amidst an emergency. According to the rappers, the pilot stressed that the occupants "buckle up and not panic."

Tampa Fire Rescue was dispatched to meet Delta Flight 147, after one of the engines exploded while the plane was mid-air, en route from Atlanta to Santiago, Chile.

The plane safely landed around 12:30 a.m. on Saturday (Oct. 21) on a Tampa airstrip with a number of fire trucks and ambulances present.

"I saw the flames coming from the plane and I started crying," Prodigy told AllHipHop.com of the incident. "All I could think about was Aaliyah's crash, It could [have] turned out the opposite way! It makes you look at many things in perspective."

If the plane had traveled 45 more minutes, the flight may have had to land in the Atlantic ocean.

40 Glocc, a rapper signed to Mobb Deep's Infamous Records, said it wasn't yet time for them to go.

"Mobb Deep, Sam Scarfo, 40 Glocc--we ain't going nowhere. We got a lot of unfinished business to handle," said Glocc, who plans to release the third installment of his Outspoken mixtape series in the near future.

The rappers all returned to New York instead of going to Chile as planned.

Dates for the group's remaining international dates have yet to released.

Their scheduled tour included stops in England, Switzerland, Scandinavia, Scotland, Ireland, Norway, Finland, Germany and France.
Submit News!

surgeblaqstarr

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-3
    • View Profile
That was close :!:  :!:
*wipes sweat off forehead*
ealTh is of the Heart and MInd,
Not of the Pocket....................................?????

f*** IT!! I Still PREFER tha POCKET!!

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-22
    • View Profile
That's what you get for writing the shit he wrote on Pearly Gates... :lol:

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
^^^^  Exactly what i thought after reading the story.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
In this SOHH exclusive, Queens rappers Mobb Deep describe their near brush with death and reveal their religious beliefs.

As SOHH previously reported, the duo were aboard a Flight out of Atlanta headed to Chile, when the pilot was forced to make an emergency landing after one of the plane's engines caught fire.

"The plane engine like blew out, started sparking and caught fire," Havoc described to SOHH.

"One of the engines just blew. Mad fire was coming out the engine, we made the emergency landing and when we landed we was like 'we'll see Chile another time. We goin' home," Prodigy added.

The engine fire marked the second time in two days that the pair was delayed.

"We was supposed to be there earlier but we got delayed due to the weather. Then we got on that plane and that one conked out," explained Havoc, who seemed resigned that the cancelled trip was fated. "Something was stopping us from going on the trip, it was two different delays."

Despite the life-threatening circumstances, Prodigy said he never feared his life was in danger.

"I already knew the plane was not going to crash. Our purpose is not fulfilled yet. We are here for a serious purpose and it is not done yet. I knew it was going to land safely,"      (ya right) Prodigy told SOHH.

While confident in his purpose, Prodigy's faith has come into question recently since voicing controversial lyrics on "Pearly Gates," a song the group crafted with 50 Cent.

"We're definitely spiritual people...but I don't believe the storytime, 'This is what it is, this is what you're supposed to believe, this is how it went down.' I don't believe in none of that ****. I believe in the Creator, that you're supposed to be a positive, good person. That **** comes back to you when you're not good. [That] you have to put positive energy in the world or you'll get negative back," Prodigy explained to SOHH.

"When I was saying that **** on 'Pearly Gates' I was just being a rebel to the system that they force us [into], they force you to believe in all that ****. If you don't believe it then you're labeled as a devil worshipper. These are the same mother****ers that enslaved us, and lied to us for thousands of years, stole our technology and raped all our ancestors, and these are the same people that said 'here this what you [should] believe [in]."

Mobb also addressed critics who've charged that they group has abandoned their hardcore roots for more club-friendly hits.

"They play 'Shook Ones' in the club," Havoc pointed out, recalling their cla**ic hit off The Infamous album.

"When we made 'Shook Ones' we always had in our minds we got hardcore music for parties, and hardcore music for girls and hardcore music for our block where we come from," Prodigy added. "We put that same mentality into all our songs, even a song like "Hey Love" with 112 ... When you first hear itit's like judging a book by it's cover - like 'Damn Mob Deep did a love song-- but if you listen to the lyrics we talking about takin' *****s girls. That's hood, it's a hardcore love record, what Mobb Deep is supposed to do to a song like that."

Life of the Infamous: The Best of Mobb Deep hits stores this Halloween (October 31). Prodigy and Havoc are also currently working on their own solo albums.

http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/10100

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
BWAHAHAHAHAHA

That mofo was trying to pick a fight with the all mighty, now he made him cry like a little bitch :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :cry:  :cry:  :lol:, on some, what were u sayng nigga, you wanna repeat that shit again? :lol:  :lol: hmmm, now we know who the shook ones are 8)

"You hands are too short to box with God"-Nas

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Quote from: "TekofTonix"
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
on some, what were u sayng nigga, you wanna repeat that shit again? :lol:  :lol:

he! he!
God can be gangsta too,if you know what i mean.

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I still belief the mofo should have atleast lost a leg or hand for the shit he was on about on pearly gates, why why, well, god works in mysterious ways. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Draztik

• Producer - CEO
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • Unreleased Records
yeah huh , then it comes back to haunt them.... i actually switched off to mobb deep cause of prodigy's verses... I'm sure he has a change of mindset now.... HA thats real funny.....

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Dplanet"
what did he say in that track?

Now homey if I go to hell and you make it to the pearly gates
Tell the boss man we got beef
And tell his only son I'm a see him when I see him
And when I see him, I'm a beat him like a movie
For leavin us out to dry on stariught poverty
For not showin me no signs they watchin over me
Yo! We a new breed in two thousand six
We don't give a f*** about that religious bullshit
Nigga show me where the cash at
The nice whips with the three car garage to fit them shits
Man my life is painful, pray to angels
I'm prayin to myself hopin I ain't got to spank you
My bullets shank you, and when my guns start cuttin, ain't nobody 'gon save you
In the bible times, they ain't had to deal with the shit
We dealin within, these survival times

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "Rip_the_jacker"
Quote from: "Dplanet"
what did he say in that track?

Now homey if I go to hell and you make it to the pearly gates
Tell the boss man we got beef
And tell his only son I'm a see him when I see him
And when I see him, I'm a beat him like a movie
For leavin us out to dry on stariught poverty
For not showin me no signs they watchin over me
Yo! We a new breed in two thousand six
We don't give a f*** about that religious bullshit
Nigga show me where the cash at
The nice whips with the three car garage to fit them shits
Man my life is painful, pray to angels
I'm prayin to myself hopin I ain't got to spank you
My bullets shank you, and when my guns start cuttin, ain't nobody 'gon save you
In the bible times, they ain't had to deal with the shit
We dealin within, these survival times

There's a number of ways of reading that though,,,

The fact that he's even talking about God and Jesus means that, at some level, he is a believer.

I read that verse as him saying he feels abandoned by God because his life has been rough. If he was a straight up atheist he wouldn't even be talking in those terms.

Anyway,,, just my possible alternative perspective on it :)

Draztik

• Producer - CEO
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • Unreleased Records