Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

P.W. is No More.

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-4
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
Repeater. Sorry boot dat that one was the first edit.

Draztik

• Producer - CEO
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • Unreleased Records
i know what you mean, but it still dont sit well with me.....

sunchild

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
8O  Did the ANC decide to go to botha's funeral before or after the refusal of a state funeral.

Politics Politics Politics, Why didn't they offer negotiations with AZAPO?
.." It takes no courage to be normal , normal is where no heroes live." - B-boy Alien Nas(Flip side kings crew)

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-4
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
Straight man,  of course.  I may have been trying to be a little too understanding.  This whole state funeral thing was stupid and embarrasin, so too some of his comments.  I think I just got carried away with the size of the decision for him as a leader and on a personal tip.  There were many stupid angles and comments here, but I still think it was big.  Now if I could just get BigTime to stop hugging that bunny! Respect.

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile
hate to flog a dead krokodil, but frederick van zyl slabbert said something really interesting:

he said that of all the anc leaders that sent condolences to pw- it was only the  formerly exiled anc community that did so & no one from the udf which was locally based!

use it don't use it :roll:
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Quote from: "afterbirth"
hate to flog a dead krokodil, but frederick van zyl slabbert said something really interesting:

he said that of all the anc leaders that sent condolences to pw- it was only the  formerly exiled anc community that did so & no one from the udf which was locally based!

use it don't use it :roll:

what does that mean?

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
what i've understood it to mean is that because the exiled anc leaders didn't experience the full might of pw botha's totalitarian state & were informed of it by others within the country- they are more likely to be very forgiving & conciliatory of him...

however, those whose livelihoods were defined by his opressive state on a daily basis, still find it difficult to forgive a man under whom they suffered so much.

just my uninformed analysis though- do u think it's coincidence/ that it doesn't have any deeper significance?
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
what i've understood it to mean is that because the exiled anc leaders didn't experience the full might of pw botha's totalitarian state & were informed of it by others within the country- they are more likely to be very forgiving & conciliatory of him...

however, those whose livelihoods were defined by his opressive state on a daily basis, still find it difficult to forgive a man under whom they suffered so much.

just my uninformed analysis though- do u think it's coincidence/ that it doesn't have any deeper significance?

I think it's a coincidence because Mandela and Zuma (Mshini wam) is one those who sent condolences, and in my understanding, those who were to attend the funeral were government/ANC representatives. My point is the would have gone there only by command from of the authorities. Therefore, to do so would be the view of the party not the less exposed to the harsh rule of P.W.

That's what I think

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: "RearrangedReality"

I think it's a coincidence because Mandela and Zuma (Mshini wam) is one those who sent condolences

dono't think mandela couonts: he's always been magnanimouos & a great sign of national unity. moreoover, he was in jail during bootha's reign & didn't experience what was going on on the ground...

zuma was jailed in robben island very early & by the time pw bootha came to power was in exile...

when i talk of udf "inziles" who didn't say anything about his death i refer to lekota (national chair oof the anc & government minister), trevoro manuel, tokyo & their ilk.

think about it- did the outspoken tutu say anything?
--Plato

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

dono't think mandela couonts: he's always been magnanimouos & a great sign of national unity. moreoover, he was in jail during bootha's reign & didn't experience what was going on on the ground...

zuma was jailed in robben island very early & by the time pw bootha came to power was in exile...

when i talk of udf "inziles" who didn't say anything about his death i refer to lekota (national chair oof the anc & government minister), trevoro manuel, tokyo & their ilk.

think about it- did the outspoken tutu say anything?

Makes sense.

Yes, Tutu did say something. Do you watch Nolleen's 3-Talk when he was talking about his book. He said the same line that seemed to be everybody's, "Botha did, in his own way, play a role towards change in this country"

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
The saddest thing about all this is that he lived a full long life.
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu