Africasgateway.com

Nas is starting to diss now!

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Nas Comments in the New Complex Magazine

Before signing to Def Jam, the rapper was offered a president's job at Atlantic Records which would have made him Jim Jones' boss. When asked about this, he responds: "I'm still his boss [laughs]. I am above him. Who's not above Jim Jones? I don't know any of his records and I'm not even being funny. Like I know he's got a record called Ballin. I hope it sells some records, but I swear to you I've never heard it."

The music should be enough, and sometimes things slip through the cracks. But people getting mad at Jay is corny. Especially someone like LL Cool J. He's too old of an O.G. to be mad at Jay. He's been at Def Jam since we were kids dreaming about being on Def Jam. We gotta get off this bull**** 'cause I never remember those artists talking about any white executives. That's some slaverys***. If my record comes out and goes wood, I can't blame Jay because it's my doing."

When asked of other's success, he responds, "I want to see 50 own the Empire State Building and Jay own fu***** 12 basketball teams. I don't have an issue with anybody that's in a position of growth. It's only when they're cooning that I get embarra**ed. Some of these *****s are buffoons. Muthaf****** are buying You Tube and we're renting yachts that they own, talking about, 'That ni**a's shining, and I'm not.' We've got to really think about the big picture, dude."

http://realtalkny.blogspot.com/2006/12/nas-says-hes-jim-jones-boss-and-says-ll.html

zoolooo1

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.africasgateway.com
Nas is right though, slave mentality is killing black people.......there will always be people who wana represent hip hop on a personal level and its all good.....at the end of the day both parties need each other, commercial and underground hip hop and at the end of the day we all gotta eat........and there is nothing wrong with hip hop....it aint dead....as long as u spitting whats real to u, than thats hip hop for me! PS: at the end of the day its gotta be hot.
m the illest and realest entertainer there is out there....im the best at what i do and i not about to compromise my music or character to try and fit in this comedy showcase they call a music industry......