Selwyn interview

zoolooo1

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.africasgateway.com
fall back![/quote]

cat got ur tounge........do ur research if u wana conversate here!!![/quote]
m the illest and realest entertainer there is out there....im the best at what i do and i not about to compromise my music or character to try and fit in this comedy showcase they call a music industry......

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "zoolooo1"
ha ha ha .......atleast twice a day, these fans of Selwyn is straight up
fag and i can saywith confidence that all of them will end up like him, dreaming of what might have been.....atleast i was part of the movement....ha ha ha!!! I respect Afrika Baambatha and his whole movement but i respect Russell Simmonds more because Afrika Baambata dreams of being Russell Simmonds........live ur dreams and lead by example!!!

what makes you think that Afrika Baambaata dreams of being russel simmons?

sure,,, get your paper, but not everything in life is about money. The man driving the ferrari is not necessarily the richer man.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "cash"
Quote from: "briCK"
The same cats bashng Selwyn are the same cats bashing aboZak Dakile..cats have NO clue what cats have done to make this hip hop shit in SA what it is..I can't belive it myself but in less that 12years Hip hop heads changed from amapunk to whats in...which is ironically the reason I don't want to be a**osiated with hip hop and heads..were it not for cats like Shimani, Loco, Spex, Motherload era cats, Snazz, some AV members, East Rand heads, VOS, boZak, Blaze Bionic, Tumi and LOOOOOOOOOONG list of f***ers no-one would have the never to even say Moral and Selwyn in the Same breath.

I know Moral personaly used to roll with him and his click back when he was in NSA..I even recorded with dude(yes I am shining on his shine) when he Morale was leraning how to rap Selwyn was waxing motherf***ers with his off the Tops..while I agree that Mo is nice with his raps he would not go at Selwyn with much luck...wanna know Selwyn as Amu, Shimani, Loco, Shorty skillz Snazz they all be burnt.

There is sme shit that you can let slide and say opinion is just opinion..but somethings can not be left to opinion anyone who know anything about SA Hip Hop knows wa**up...

time to stop livin in the past! cats like moral is whats happenin now! we takin over and whether yall like it or not, we changin the game cos we tired of the shit we hearin and seein all day! thanks a lot for them cats laying the foundation - amu,poc,tumi,snazz fo sho! cashless society,zak,badboyT - thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!! they planted the seed but now Brick feels threatened by the the seed growing?, the roots are bound to put some cracks in the foundation man! thats life! deal with it!

so what if u been in the game forever! ur only as good as ur last hit! period!!!!! the same shit they did in the last 15yrs, cats like moral is gon do for the next 15yrs and better!!!!!!

dude you comming at me sideways. I am not a devout head I have never contributed to local hip hop, I have nothing to gain or loose from it  so the players' future past or present cannot threaten me in anyway.

The few "New" acts that I have heard with any substance or are by any means "fresh" are Nthabi & Maradona(Even though Maradona been around for a minute).
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
Quote from: "MrC"
You gotta be kidding me right ! Me ? An AMU beat ? Clearly you have no f***in clue who you're talking to youngin.

What does success have to do with being a dope MC ?. Does it mean they WACK just cos 16 year old girls who watch MTVBase, BET and Channel O don't buy their shyt ? Please nigga. We are talking about skills here. U ever heard Selwyn freestyle ? U ever heard his track on Maximum Sentence ? Like i said, he chose his route to do the kind of music he does, but REAL NIGGAS KNOW, COS WE BEEN THERE !!!! Where the f*** where ya'll when dude was ripping Le Club. Based on that and the fact that i like most of the Formula makes him dope to me.

Ohh and being REAL has nothing to do with being a HUSTLER. Talk is cheap. Let's c ya'll cats in a year.

NOW IM DONE !

When we say HUSTLER!!!!! we talkin bout a cat who hustles to get things done! a cat who can go against the grain and aint no punk! a smart ngga who moves forward! gets his money! gets his respect and more importantly, creates a legacy for his children and family for years to come!!!

and yes! its cool to have 16yr olds buying your records! u say it like its a bad thing! thats backwards thinking! i wana have all types of people buying my shit! especially the 15-19 and 20-30yr old markets,its smart business! maximum sentence is old, i repeat,ur only as good as ur last hit! being a dope mc aint just about recognition from other heads, its about recognition from everyone!!!!! it seems like in SA weve been brainwashed to believe that we gotta be broke,grimy,underground forever to be considered a dope mc! theres no aspiration!

im not trying to go over anyones heads or anything, but heres a new concept! TO ALL DOPE MC'S - lets use our talents to make MONEY and be able to buy expensive cars and feed our family's for the next 200yrs! rather than reminisce about the tight freestyles we did back in the day and talk about how real we are cos we been in the game forever!!!

how bout that?
@cash_sog

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Quote from: "cash"
Quote from: "MrC"
You gotta be kidding me right ! Me ? An AMU beat ? Clearly you have no f***in clue who you're talking to youngin.

What does success have to do with being a dope MC ?. Does it mean they WACK just cos 16 year old girls who watch MTVBase, BET and Channel O don't buy their shyt ? Please nigga. We are talking about skills here. U ever heard Selwyn freestyle ? U ever heard his track on Maximum Sentence ? Like i said, he chose his route to do the kind of music he does, but REAL NIGGAS KNOW, COS WE BEEN THERE !!!! Where the f*** where ya'll when dude was ripping Le Club. Based on that and the fact that i like most of the Formula makes him dope to me.

Ohh and being REAL has nothing to do with being a HUSTLER. Talk is cheap. Let's c ya'll cats in a year.

NOW IM DONE !

When we say HUSTLER!!!!! we talkin bout a cat who hustles to get things done! a cat who can go against the grain and aint no punk! a smart ngga who moves forward! gets his money! gets his respect and more importantly, creates a legacy for his children and family for years to come!!!

and yes! its cool to have 16yr olds buying your records! u say it like its a bad thing! thats backwards thinking! i wana have all types of people buying my shit! especially the 15-19 and 20-30yr old markets,its smart business! maximum sentence is old, i repeat,ur only as good as ur last hit! being a dope mc aint just about recognition from other heads, its about recognition from everyone!!!!! it seems like in SA weve been brainwashed to believe that we gotta be broke,grimy,underground forever to be considered a dope mc! theres no aspiration!

im not trying to go over anyones heads or anything, but heres a new concept! TO ALL DOPE MC'S - lets use our talents to make MONEY and be able to buy expensive cars and feed our family's for the next 200yrs! rather than reminisce about the tight freestyles we did back in the day and talk about how real we are cos we been in the game forever!!!

how bout that?

"GREED IS GOOD"-Michael Douglas-WALL STREE(1989)

Just Dee

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/landmynz

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Ok so basically your saying since KRS-ONE has not had a hit in like 10 years he aint a dope MC ?????

What about SCARFACE ?
MOBB DEEP ?
TRIBE CALLED QUEST ?
DMX ?
OUTKAST ?

All these people that have been so consistent in the game , Are they now suddenly WACK just cos they not on the charts anymore ?

It's cool if you want the 15-year old girls to buy your shyt dog, GOOD GOING THERE BUDDY ! Just make sure your teaching them the right things.

But me personally, my shyt aint really meant for them. It's Grimey, It's HardCore ! It's not meant for their pretty little ears !
I prefer to let them enjoy they sweet little lives, listen to Britney Spears and go shopping every Sartuday for Lip-Gloss and Mario Posters.

God knows there's enough trouble and mysery that lies ahead for them, so i let them enjoy childhood while they can. They can bump my shit when they all grown up.

My nigga Reason da Ma** is actually doing a good job holding it down  "FOR THE KIDS".I'm on my GROWN FOLK SHYT !

Ya'll going on and on about Huslting ?  What or Who the f*** have ya'll HUSLTED in this Game ? HUH ?

Niggas listen to too much Jigga and get gased up thinkin shyt is sweet and they gonna be taking over and shyt !

In the Immortal Words of One :

"THERE'S A MILLION MC'S IN THE WORLD TONIGHT !"

Everybody talking about how they the TRUTH, they taking over, yadayada.

Stop talking about Niggas aint ready ! We been ready dog.

Lets See

1. Get your first project to have more than 300 000 downloads on the net without even being known !

2. Get your tracks to be played on radio without somebody you know being friends with the DJ, The Station manager ,etc,etc.

3. Get Radio Interviews, Magazines Interviews, Newspapers Reviews, Web-site Reviews.

4. Get consistent GIGS !

5. Get Respected Players in this GAME wanting you on their projects, and them wanting to be on your project.

DO ALL OF THAT BEFORE YA'LL TALK TO ME ABOUT HUSTLING !!!!!

NOW IM REALLY f***EN DONE !!!
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

zoolooo1

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
[
quote="MrC"]You gotta be kidding me right ! Me ? An AMU beat ? Clearly you have no f***in clue who you're talking to youngin.

Nigga please......TALKING 'BOUT being REAL has nothing to do with being a hustler....clearly u have no clue what u talking 'bout, it dont matter what u did, and yes if u make tracks for the ma** public and try to sell millions of records and fail at that than u r wack.......bcos ur best ideas dont matter if they dont materialise into something you intended to accomplish, even worst when u fail time and time again!!! Nigga got no flow no charisma no fight in him to make real changes and pave the way for up and coming artists...if he was tyte then and i knew him then and respected him, i definately wouldnt now.....cos right now he is straight up wack!!! So what if he can freestyle or what track he was featured on....

Be sure to check us out and wacth this space and ul surely get inspired, small time hustlers!!!

NOW IM DONE ![/quote]
m the illest and realest entertainer there is out there....im the best at what i do and i not about to compromise my music or character to try and fit in this comedy showcase they call a music industry......

deePea

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Zooloo,Cash yall are the same hustlers that wear NY caps walking around Rosebank talking grimmy while we wait for your parents to come pick yall up..... HMMMM -- aight boys keep hustling.
amiliarity breeds contempt
Perigo Minas Volume 2 OUT Now!!!
Landmynz Bitch

zoolooo1

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
[
quote="MrC"]Ok so basically your saying since KRS-ONE has not had a hit in like 10 years he aint a dope MC ?????

What about SCARFACE ?
MOBB DEEP ?
TRIBE CALLED QUEST ?
DMX ?
OUTKAST ?

All these people that have been so consistent in the game , Are they now suddenly WACK just cos they not on the charts anymore ?

It's cool if you want the 15-year old girls to buy your shyt dog, GOOD GOING THERE BUDDY ! Just make sure your teaching them the right things.

But me personally, my shyt aint really meant for them. It's Grimey, It's HardCore ! It's not meant for their pretty little ears !
I prefer to let them enjoy they sweet little lives, listen to Britney Spears and go shopping every Sartuday for Lip-Gloss and Mario Posters.

God knows there's enough trouble and mysery that lies ahead for them, so i let them enjoy childhood while they can. They can bump my shit when they all grown up.

My nigga Reason da Ma** is actually doing a good job holding it down  "FOR THE KIDS".I'm on my GROWN FOLK SHYT !

Ya'll going on and on about Huslting ?  What or Who the f*** have ya'll HUSLTED in this Game ? HUH ?

Niggas listen to too much Jigga and get gased up thinkin shyt is sweet and they gonna be taking over and shyt !

In the Immortal Words of One :

"THERE'S A MILLION MC'S IN THE WORLD TONIGHT !"

Everybody talking about how they the TRUTH, they taking over, yadayada.

Stop talking about Niggas aint ready ! We been ready dog.

Lets See

1. Get your first project to have more than 300 000 downloads on the net without even being known !

2. Get your tracks to be played on radio without somebody you know being friends with the DJ, The Station manager ,etc,etc.

3. Get Radio Interviews, Magazines Interviews, Newspapers Reviews, Web-site Reviews.

4. Get consistent GIGS !

5. Get Respected Players in this GAME wanting you on their projects, and them wanting to be on your project.

DO ALL OF THAT BEFORE YA'LL TALK TO ME ABOUT HUSTLING !!!!!

NOW IM REALLY f***EN DONE !!!
[/quote]

nigga u a punk......talking about KRS-ONE and Mobb Deep and how Jigga has got us thinking isshhh is easy, this has nothing to do with those niggas...i respect them as rappers but u cant even begin to compare KRS-ONE to Selwyn that shows u dont have ur facts and ul do and say anything to try and prove a point, we not about proving points here son....listen and learn, all that uve mentioned...about us getting our props...all in due time nigga( thats what the hustle is all about) Gettin in the game cos its not easy, its a hustle...dumb kleva. Hustling is about working for what it is u want and setting and example that shows people what rewards u reap when u hustle hard....niggas hustle for years and never have anything to show for it, u have a lot to learn!!!

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Quote from: "deePea"
Zooloo,Cash yall are the same hustlers that wear NY caps walking around Rosebank talking grimmy while we wait for your parents to come pick yall up..... HMMMM -- aight boys keep hustling.

He! he! he! oh! man! :lol:

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
"Hip Hop"

You say one for the trebble, two for the time
Come on y'all let's rock this!
You say one for the trebble, two for the time
Come on!

Speech is my hammer, bang the world into shape
Now let it fall... (Hungh!!)
My restlessness is my nemesis
It's hard to really chill and sit still
Committed to page, I write rhymes
Sometimes won't finish for days
Scrutinize my literature, from the large to the miniature
I mathematically add-minister
Subtract the wack
Selector, wheel it back, I'm feeling that
(Ha ha ha) From the core to the perimeter black,
You know the motto
Stay fluid even in staccato
(Mos Def) Full blooded, full throttle
Breathe deep inside the trunk hollow
There's the hum, young man where you from
Brooklyn number one
Native son, speaking in the native tongue
I got my eyes on tomorrow (there it is)
While you still try to follow where it is
I'm on the Ave where it lives and dies
Violently, silently
Shine so vibrantly that eyes squint to catch a glimpse
Embrace the ba** with my dark ink fingertips
Used to speak the king's English
But caught a rash on my lips
So now my chat just like dis
Long range from the base-line (switch)
Move like an apparition
Float to the ground with ammuntion (chi-chi-chi-POW)
Move from the gate, voice cued on your tape
Putting food on your plate
Many crews can relate
Who choosing your fate (yo)
We went from picking cotton
To chain gang line chopping
To Be-Bopping
To Hip-Hopping
Blues people got the blue chip stock option
Invisible man, got the whole world watching
(where ya at) I'm high, low, east, west,
All over your map
I'm getting big props, with this thing called hip hop
Where you can either get paid or get shot
When your product in stock
The fair-weather friends flock
When your chart position drop
Then the phone calls....
Chill for a minute
Let's see whoelse tops
Snatch your shelf spot
Don't gas yourself ock
The industry just a better built cell block
A long way from the shell tops
And the bells that L rocked (rock, rock, rock, rock...)

[scratching]

Hip Hop is prosecution evidence
The out of court settlement
Ad space for liquor
Sick without benefits (hungh!)
Luxury tenements choking the skyline
It's low life getting tree-top high
Here there's a back water remedy
Bitter intent to memory
A cla** E felony
Facing the death penalty (hungh!)
Stimulant and sedative, original repetitive
Violently competitive, a school unacredited
The break beats you get broken with
on time and inappropriate
Hip Hop went from selling crack to smoking it
Medicine for loneliness
Remind me of Thelonius and Dizzy
Propers to B-Boys getting busy
The war-time snap shot
The working man's jack-pot
A two dollar snack box
Sold beneath the crack spot
Olympic spnosor of the black glock
Gold medalist in the back shot
From the sovereign state of the have-nots
Where farmers have trouble with cash crops (woooo)
It's all city like phase two
Hip Hop will simply amaze you
Craze you, pay you
Do whatever you say do
But black, it can't save you

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
I think it's cool that these young bloods have the energy and enthusiasm to dream and talk big. That's the nature of the game,,, new blood is always required.

However, you should respect the pioneers even if you don't feel the music they made. You should understand their struggle so that you can learn from their experiences.

Trash talking your way into an industry rarely works unless what you've got is so unique and so compelling that everyone just has to pay attention. More commonly you just end up alienating people who you may well need help from at some point in your career.

Respect goes a long way.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "zoolooo1"

Hustling is about working for what it is u want and setting and example that shows people what rewards u reap when u hustle hard....niggas hustle for years and never have anything to show for it, u have a lot to learn!!!

Dude share your drugs...Landmynz was the biggest thing to Hit SA Hip Hop last year...I never saw your review on Tonight, I never saw your Review in the Sowetan..I and 299 999 other people did not download your shit, your 21Ryhme Salute did not play on y-fm till i was annoyed by the constant rotation..Your unsinged act did not make me Go to the state theatre to watch your performance..i know that your independent 2nd Volume compilation is not dropping 2007

zoolooo1

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote from: "deePea"

a**umption is the mother of all deception, u dont know me and what im
about and where i come from......u definately got it twisted, u still have a long way to go b4 u can even consider yourself a visionary...(i dont judge people by the way they dress or speak or if they get picked up by their parents.....my mom has never picked me up from anywhere...get it? Naah u dont....) i respect people as individuals and their for their talents and principals...ive got a lot of friends who do get picked up by thier parents and i can bet u they have more will power, principals and character u can only dream of.....