Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Selwyn interview

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
VL: Its been a while you back with a new album whats the name of the project and who did you work with?

SELWYN: The name of the album is Zone 5, I worked with Omen,Amu,Beatmaker, Dome and Semitone.

VL: If I gave you the opportunity to go back to the days of recording the Formula your previous album what would you have not done?

SELWYN: I wouldn’t of changed anything on that album cause I think it was moving away from the typical way of making an album.I was taking a soulful and mature approach and I wouldn’t change anything in it.

VL: Is TownshipFrequency still family apparently you guys aren’t as tight as you were?

SELWYN: We still family and that’s it.

VL: If you guys are still cool can we ever expect a Township Frequency video?

SELWYN: Everybody is focusing on their solo projects cause we tryiong to build our brands as solos so when everybody is ready we could do one.

VL: I was listening to the Wikid’s “The Man” the other day did you expect that sort of backfire when you were in the studio?

SELWYN: Yeah we did we knew we’d have to apologise somewhere along the line but everyone is cool now.

VL: You have regrets?

SELWYN: No, something good has come out of it we like friend with some of the guys and we achieved what we wanted but if we still had beef with some of the guys I’d have regrets

VL: Your beef is settled with the Kwaito fraternity?

SELWYN: Yeah man

VL: I’ve heard about the three kings concept what is that?

SELWYN: Its designed to put Gallo hip hop on the map with me Pro kid, and Proverb. . The proverb speciality is more your punchline rapid fire and very urban, Pro Kid specializes in the Kasie rap vibe and I’m more storytelling.

VL: If Selwyn was a product well in a record store how do explain to the consumer what they should expect?

SELWYN: They should expect creative storyuelling no compromising my style of rap, I still have that souldful mature sound and my topics are real everything is a true story, the lyrics will speak to your soul

VL: Selwyn’s performance is a dvd how do you sell your show?

SELWYN: The show will have a theme on stage derived on how everything happens , there’s a Panyaza story which will be the nucleus of the whole performance and high energy levels it will be based on a movie the songs will put you in a certain mood

VL: • I haven’t heard the new album yet but you highlight a lot of kasie life hardcore is Selwyn really that does voice what he sees around his environement or Selwyn got scars?

SELWYN: You always a product of your environment and I’m pro kasie rap.

VL: • You were an intergral part of the Le Club era what do you missed most about the J section era that you think could make local hip hop today better and bigger.?

SELWYN: You’ll have Amu doing histhing and everyone will bethere to see him and everybody had their fans supporting them today you need a line up to have a show I miss that individualism.

VL: • You were an intergral part of the Le Club era what do you missed most about the J section era that you think could make local hip hop today better and bigger.?

SELWYN: You’ll have Amu doing histhing and everyone will bethere to see him and everybody had their fans supporting them today you need a line up to have a show I miss that individualism.

VL: Have you got a part on the Hip Hopera the stage show about Le Club written by Bionic?

SELWYN: No.

VL: So we getting another SAMA next year?

SELWYN: Hell Yeah!

VL: You want to vent out about anything?

SELWYN: Rappers are too divided and we need to do things at the same time and the same pace so promoters can also know these are standards requirements for the hip hop community we still not doing tours together I got beef with that we really need to congregate as a movement

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
i cant relate much to joburg kasi life, but its always fascinating to hear about different hoods. i was born in soweto but spent my life in the eastern cape so hood life is definitely somrthin i know about, but i dont think hiphop needs to go in the kwaito theme of glorifying kasi and glamorising that aspect of SA life! hiphop is for the streets,not only kasi streets, but city streets, suburb streets, dusty streets, coastal streets!

so selwyn sayin that he's pro kasi is to me, saying that he's now doing kwaito/hiphop. and he confirms this by saying he dont have beef with kwaito no more!

in conclusion, i love hiphop, and i love kwaito! id rather buy Kabelo or Bricks than Selwyn's album! cos they do better kwaito/hiphop albums than he does! he sounds like he's trying too hard!!! and about that SAMA award, i dont think so! hahahaha, that shit is mine!!!!!!!

good luck tho! i hope he does some decent numbers this time cos after getting bitchslapped by mandoza he kinda went wood instead of gold. oops!
@cash_sog

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
I can never get why people don't feel Selwyn..On this I know I am the only one who Formula was the best relase the year it was released...the Pro's got nothing on Dude The beats are dope the concept are well executed...maybe Shake was a stupid track to make as the single but cummon that shit was dope I am still bump that shit till today.

Taste is a bitch! i'll check out the new album anyway
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile
@ Cash

ur problem brothaman is if some is representing kasi...u say that shit is kwaito, I've bought the Formula and even today I'm still bumping Hijack and others.
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-9
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nduduzof
I also bought Formula 2 years ago...and its nyc CD...but they were dum to choose Shake it.. as single....but other tracks are nyc like People, Hi-Jack, Soweto Spanish , Remember, Debate.......

I was a nyc album...   :wink:  :wink:
Marco Polo - Marquee ft O.C.
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys
Something Bout Love - The Main Ingredient

I stay on top like eXponents - AQ

FHHN

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://freehiphopnow.com
I live on Selwyn avenue in the Bronx.
url=http://www.freehiphopnow.com][/url]

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Quote from: "MuseRaw"
@ Cash

ur problem brothaman is if some is representing kasi...u say that shit is kwaito, I've bought the Formula and even today I'm still bumping Hijack and others.

not at all!!!

i really think prokid is definitely hiphop with his first album!!! he represented kasi but kept the hiphop sound and feel! he didnt try to sound kwaito!

but with selwyn, thats what i picked up in the formula!!!!he went a bit kwaito!

its my opinion! and u cats who liked the Formula. tell me if ur honestly feelin the new album?
@cash_sog

zoolooo1

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.africasgateway.com
ha ha ha ha ha...........that album was, is and will always be wack.......they say u r who u hang around with, well u r what u listen to too....Selwyn is wack straight up, a wack rapper, with a wack persona, uninspiring character, and a straight up fag.....i aint feelin him and never
will.....im keepin my eye on Morale, he got potential but will he live
up to the industrys standards in order for him to shine and i mean shine...we'll have to see.......it takes character, vision, talent, skill, charisma, etc.........Selwyn aint got non of those qualities as a normal cat on the street and definately not as an entertainer.

Young Zooloo.......the future
m the illest and realest entertainer there is out there....im the best at what i do and i not about to compromise my music or character to try and fit in this comedy showcase they call a music industry......

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "zoolooo1"
ha ha ha ha ha...........that album was, is and will always be wack.......they say u r who u hang around with, well u r what u listen to too....Selwyn is wack straight up, a wack rapper, with a wack persona, uninspiring character, and a straight up fag.....i aint feelin him and never
will.....im keepin my eye on Morale, he got potential but will he live
up to the industrys standards in order for him to shine and i mean shine...we'll have to see.......it takes character, vision, talent, skill, charisma, etc.........Selwyn aint got non of those qualities as a normal cat on the street and definately not as an entertainer.

Young Zooloo.......the future

Well if you think and belive that Morale is a better rapper than Selwyn then we will never agree on anything rap related
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
The formula was a dope album. Too each his own !
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

zoolooo1

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Well if you think and belive that Morale is a better rapper than Selwyn then we will never agree on anything rap related[/quote]

You can say that again......
m the illest and realest entertainer there is out there....im the best at what i do and i not about to compromise my music or character to try and fit in this comedy showcase they call a music industry......

zoolooo1

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
[Well if you think and belive that Morale is a better rapper than Selwyn then we will never agree on anything rap related[/quote]

You can say that again......[/quote]

B sure to check my inset.....SUPERSTAR MATERIAL!!!

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
I have never felt Selwyn. But I've heard a few good joints from him. That Undeground vs commercial battle with PRO on Formula, the joint with MXO, People & I dont think shake is bad party joint either. Overall, I thought formula was an average album. U cant write it off as wack / Kwaito, but not brilliant either. Which is why I think he did not deserve that SAMA award. There were more deserving peeps.

On Zone 5, I'm feeling Cant Touch feat PRO. Omen murdered the beat once again.

zoolooo1

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
thats the whole problem, these wack cats r hiding behind dope beats....cause i really dont except mediocre rappers........ie: a dope rapper is someone with pa**ion, conviction, vision and a leader. I dont
see any of those qualities in Selwyn, maybe he does have them, but it doesnt help if he cant communicate his pa**ions and all his qualities to
the people u r trying to inspire. I have tried to track his record and give
chance after chance for him to convince me as a consumer to by his
record but he has failed time and again, and u know what.....thats
he aint selling period!!!

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Selwyn needs to retire and save our ears!!! most rappers give him props only cos they kssin a** to get amu beats! hahaha.......pussies!

yall respect a dude who talked shit! got slapped! then turned around and apologised? remember the line he said about kwaito on ATTENTION! now he sayin he cool wit kwaito! hahaha....i dunno but i smell a fake!

anyone who respects this cat must be cut from the same cloth or kissin a** to get to amu! when u say he got a few tight tracks on his album, im sure yall mean to say "tight beats"!!! period!!!!
@cash_sog