Selwyn interview

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
Quote from: "zoolooo1"
.....im keepin my eye on Morale, he got potential

i got my eye on moral as well! he definitely a realer nigga than selwyn plus he got flow. something thats a bit foreign to selwyn when u listen to tracks like Shake, which is the track he chose to promote his album! face it! most people heard that track and it was over for him! smarten up!
@cash_sog

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Personally i think hip-hop fans are too opinionated. And you know what they say about opinions.

What i look for in an MC, might not be the same as what someone else is checking for. Selwyn's been an MC for a long-a** time, probably longer than most of ya'll cats been breathing. He actually started this whole venac rap shyt together with Shimane but he's never credited for it. Dude was featured on a POC track for f***s sake.

I used to see him in Carlton Center around 89-90, with f***en EPMD LP's and shyt. Most cats probably don't even know what "Strictly Business" is.

Anyway my point is he's been down for a long time. That doesn't neccessarily mean he's dope, but to me it means he knows that real shyt better than most of ya'll will ever do. He just made his choice to do the kind of music he's doing.

I bet most cats didn't even listen to the Formula and ya'll are just bashing it cos of Shake,Shake.

Like i said before, TOO EACH HIS OWN. REAL NIGGAS KNOW THE TRUTH.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

MADINDA

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile

zoolooo1

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.africasgateway.com
hip hop cats is opinionated, please man we all opinionated......bcos we all
different it has nothing to do with hip hop, him being in the game for such a long time and be still hustling meand that every time he raps about getting out of poverty and living his dreams, he his actually telling us about his fantasies bcos his still hustling.........lead by example, just bcos u been in the game a long time dont mean ur real........u might just be a fan in the mix......i respect real hustlers who accomplish things and live their dreams.....not these small time hustlers who aint got what it takes to rise to the top!!!
m the illest and realest entertainer there is out there....im the best at what i do and i not about to compromise my music or character to try and fit in this comedy showcase they call a music industry......

zoolooo1

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
REAL NIGGAS KNOW..............REAL?????? YEAH REAL SMALL TIME HUSTLERS
m the illest and realest entertainer there is out there....im the best at what i do and i not about to compromise my music or character to try and fit in this comedy showcase they call a music industry......

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
The same cats bashng Selwyn are the same cats bashing aboZak Dakile..cats have NO clue what cats have done to make this hip hop shit in SA what it is..I can't belive it myself but in less that 12years Hip hop heads changed from amapunk to whats in...which is ironically the reason I don't want to be a**osiated with hip hop and heads..were it not for cats like Shimani, Loco, Spex, Motherload era cats, Snazz, some AV members, East Rand heads, VOS, boZak, Blaze Bionic, Tumi and LOOOOOOOOOONG list of f***ers no-one would have the never to even say Moral and Selwyn in the Same breath.

I know Moral personaly used to roll with him and his click back when he was in NSA..I even recorded with dude(yes I am shining on his shine) when he Morale was leraning how to rap Selwyn was waxing motherf***ers with his off the Tops..while I agree that Mo is nice with his raps he would not go at Selwyn with much luck...wanna know Selwyn as Amu, Shimani, Loco, Shorty skillz Snazz they all be burnt.

There is sme shit that you can let slide and say opinion is just opinion..but somethings can not be left to opinion anyone who know anything about SA Hip Hop knows wa**up...
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

RapScalLyon

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Kid can rap his a** off.Knows his ish.Known for years.Appeared on Phunk Phlow.Killd it with Home Bru.Cypha'd for two years with my peops till signing.Has respect.Gud Luck to him :D
i'd rather he were an aspirational small-time hustler speakin' of his dreams & visions than a Kabelo lookalike asking questions about why his rented CL-cla** benz has no clutch.

Peace to D-Block
ree Claire

zoolooo1

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
so what it u know Morale......i dont care that dont change anything, at the end of the day if u aint hot u not!!! Thats it, Mike Tyson is one of the best Heavyweight fighters of our time and Heavyweight boxing wouldnt be what it is today without him.....but atleat he made a real impact...but he is a fallen star, and i dont respect him as a man....RESPECT is earned not gained thru experiences of being a hustler and being part of something( just becos ur around gangstas dont make u one) he was around, thats all!!! He is not superstar material and u know it, Im Done!!!

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
and the next AMU beat goes to................MR C!!!!!!

hahaha. congratulations!

i got 3 epmd albums - strictly business, back in business, out of business! im clued up dude! believe me! but do the maths! you used to see him at carlton center in 89 and he still cant get more than 10 000 fans! he was featured on a POC track and he still aint gone global like they did! what has he got to show for +10yrs in the game except the Oscar Award! he cliamed that the formula was the theorem to crack the industry and sell records! it failed dismally!

now he's back wit no video, no real single, still no real following!
i listened to the formula! its garbage! thats my opinion!

i respect that u got your tastes straight up cos even a broken clock is right at least 2 times a day!

holler
@cash_sog

zoolooo1

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
ha ha ha .......atleast twice a day, these fans of Selwyn is straight up
fag and i can saywith confidence that all of them will end up like him, dreaming of what might have been.....atleast i was part of the movement....ha ha ha!!! I respect Afrika Baambatha and his whole movement but i respect Russell Simmonds more because Afrika Baambata dreams of being Russell Simmonds........live ur dreams and lead by example!!!

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "zoolooo1"
so what it u know Morale

fall back!
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Quote from: "briCK"
The same cats bashng Selwyn are the same cats bashing aboZak Dakile..cats have NO clue what cats have done to make this hip hop shit in SA what it is..I can't belive it myself but in less that 12years Hip hop heads changed from amapunk to whats in...which is ironically the reason I don't want to be a**osiated with hip hop and heads..were it not for cats like Shimani, Loco, Spex, Motherload era cats, Snazz, some AV members, East Rand heads, VOS, boZak, Blaze Bionic, Tumi and LOOOOOOOOOONG list of f***ers no-one would have the never to even say Moral and Selwyn in the Same breath.

I know Moral personaly used to roll with him and his click back when he was in NSA..I even recorded with dude(yes I am shining on his shine) when he Morale was leraning how to rap Selwyn was waxing motherf***ers with his off the Tops..while I agree that Mo is nice with his raps he would not go at Selwyn with much luck...wanna know Selwyn as Amu, Shimani, Loco, Shorty skillz Snazz they all be burnt.

There is sme shit that you can let slide and say opinion is just opinion..but somethings can not be left to opinion anyone who know anything about SA Hip Hop knows wa**up...

time to stop livin in the past! cats like moral is whats happenin now! we takin over and whether yall like it or not, we changin the game cos we tired of the shit we hearin and seein all day! thanks a lot for them cats laying the foundation - amu,poc,tumi,snazz fo sho! cashless society,zak,badboyT - thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!! they planted the seed but now Brick feels threatened by the the seed growing?, the roots are bound to put some cracks in the foundation man! thats life! deal with it!

so what if u been in the game forever! ur only as good as ur last hit! period!!!!! the same shit they did in the last 15yrs, cats like moral is gon do for the next 15yrs and better!!!!!!
@cash_sog

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
You gotta be kidding me right ! Me ? An AMU beat ? Clearly you have no f***in clue who you're talking to youngin.

What does success have to do with being a dope MC ?. Does it mean they WACK just cos 16 year old girls who watch MTVBase, BET and Channel O don't buy their shyt ? Please nigga. We are talking about skills here. U ever heard Selwyn freestyle ? U ever heard his track on Maximum Sentence ? Like i said, he chose his route to do the kind of music he does, but REAL NIGGAS KNOW, COS WE BEEN THERE !!!! Where the f*** where ya'll when dude was ripping Le Club. Based on that and the fact that i like most of the Formula makes him dope to me.

Ohh and being REAL has nothing to do with being a HUSTLER. Talk is cheap. Let's c ya'll cats in a year.

NOW IM DONE !
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Beaker

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mg.co.za

deePea

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Quote from: "cash"
and the next AMU beat goes to................MR C!!!!!!

hahaha. congratulations!

i got 3 epmd albums - strictly business, back in business, out of business! im clued up dude! believe me! but do the maths! you used to see him at carlton center in 89 and he still cant get more than 10 000 fans! he was featured on a POC track and he still aint gone global like they did! what has he got to show for +10yrs in the game except the Oscar Award! he cliamed that the formula was the theorem to crack the industry and sell records! it failed dismally!

now he's back wit no video, no real single, still no real following!
i listened to the formula! its garbage! thats my opinion!

i respect that u got your tastes straight up cos even a broken clock is right at least 2 times a day!

holler

Yo MRC dont need a Amu beat trust me.

And ya to each his own.

The selwyn Album is dope maybe you should give it a listen and review it for us. Then we can start talking cause all of this is based on your a**umptions.

For the record: It is Amu that needs a MRC beat "  check yourself before you wreck yourself"
amiliarity breeds contempt
Perigo Minas Volume 2 OUT Now!!!
Landmynz Bitch