Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

illest vernac mc or crew

Elnino · 5 · 2542

Elnino

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I've heard  a lot of vernac mcees i think Cape Town cats they the nicest  mcees  ,i'm taking about cats like Driemanskap who got some Dope Content ,style ,punchlines ,flows etc plus a tage presence .Most Jozi  industry cats they suck like yogerta Zulumobb,Suckers Camp,H2hoes,Forbiden loss,weakkid and many more.Kritsi yesiSpaza,Rattax,Kanyi they blow you away anytime but i am not sure about Middle Finger the self proclaim King of Spaza ,akuna boza emsawawa,a king is not select but elected.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Driemanskap they rap in Afrikaans right? Is Afrikaans rap considered venec?

I have heard tis word venec used a lot that I shall have to read up what it means and if it is being used correctly..i know what venecular means..wait
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
ver·nac·u·lar      /vərˈnækyələr, vəˈnæk-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ver-nak-yuh-ler, vuh-nak-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1. (of language) native or indigenous (opposed to literary or learned).  
2. expressed or written in the native language of a place, as literary works: a vernacular poem.  
3. using such a language: a vernacular speaker.  
4. of or pertaining to such a language.  
5. using plain, everyday, ordinary language.  
6. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of architectural vernacular.  
7. noting or pertaining to the common name for a plant or animal.  
8. Obsolete. (of a disease) endemic.  
–noun 9. the native speech or language of a place.  
10. the language or vocabulary peculiar to a cla** or profession.  
11. a vernacular word or expression.  
12. the plain variety of language in everyday use by ordinary people.  
13. the common name of an animal or plant as distinguished from its Latin scientific name.  
14. a style of architecture exemplifying the commonest techniques, decorative features, and materials of a particular historical period, region, or group of people.  
15. any medium or mode of expression that reflects popular taste or indigenous styles.  

its 2007 and we still being called indigenous and Natives
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

Elnino

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
No briCk they rap in Xhosa don't be fooled by the name joe ,i am so suprise that you don't know Diremanskap .If you wanna listen to their shit go to www.mypace.com/driemanskap Itsho Into is a Killa song

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
Yo Elnino. you might think Jozi cats suck, but have you ever listened to bhubesi, Vikinduku, ngwenya & first born. To me they top the vernac list in Jozi. Tuks is also tight ( i know many dont feel him up here, but I dig him - tight flows, social consciounesnnes reflected in his content, + overall good tracks although there is a lot of sampling in his beats. )

But I feel the spaza cats I've listened to - I've only heard two Driemanskaap tracks.  Those cats are on point. a lot of other CT cats are on point - Kritsi, Kanyi (they are on Lungelo's album as well.) kritsi style is so different/weird though, but he still kills it.). + TOP (even when he is playful in his lyrics), the maniacs cats - Rattex, sketch, Middle Finga. Middle is nice but might not be the illest, but the most visible & hard working (probably) & has done a lot for the movement. does that make him king?

Izithunywa Zohlanga also too dope. (Cape town / East London?). the best ish I've heard in a long time.

Durban has a number of Ill vernac emcees - but I would say manelisi/mzwandile (used to be with soul ethnix in the 90s) is the illest. You also have cats fro Ibutho (dot com - battling, punchlines, etc - probably same style as TOP, but he cant flip in English and still be ill like TOP). Fortune (F1) from the Nymphonics Bastards of the Universe (NBOTU) also holds it down. + too many wack emcees rapping in Zulu in durban (just as there too many rapping in the Quuen's Taal).

Illest crew in SA - hard to choose , but I'm feeling the Maniac squad & the bhubesi/vikinduku/ngwenya clique - they produced something called Amagqabantshthsi 4 years or so ago.  unmastered , with a few tight joints. problem when there are too many emcees, there will be a some average emcees and tracks.

Elnino - upload that Biko track or that track "kwek madoda". someone also told me to look out for a tack called paka & a track called music by Kanyi, Koriander and Lungelo.  upload that if you can.