Africasgateway.com

have you ever...

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-17
    • View Profile
Quote from: "bluntedcacti"
i find that females usually have such poor comprehension of male attitudes, and its a pity that their only way of reconciling this is the emotional acuteness that their so readily discard for jan van riebeeck's mirrors and shoulder pads.

blunted. when you are back. if you dont mind. please indulge me. id like to continue along this thought with you...
- soul activist. poet. flower. fairy -

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
* she smears the war-paint under her eyes and test the binds on her gloves, when she smiles her countenance is accented by her mouth guard reading "Roze-coloured death"*

i think this could be a great debate to witness
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

bluntedcacti

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
i am currently trying to write myself out of existence; not as a turn of phrase, but to actually inscribe myself inside the dissolution of syntax

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
mounds of flesh encasing a negative space we enjoy filling.

poetry.

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • View Profile
in other words, females are prone to intsinctively a**ume an engendered victim position that locates males (such as myself) as antogonistic sex-driven villains who are out to prove that females (such as yourself) are nothing more than mounds of flesh encasing a negative space we enjoy filling.

hence, the result of which becomes a faux-maculine a**ertiveness that poorly mimics male weaknesses in order to (albeit paradoxically) overcome them.

im a**erting that a show and celebration of vulnerability is a providential and indelible way of sharpening the emotional foci that not only reinforce womanhood, but also prove to be an achilles heel to the socially manufactured divisions that plague us.

and because im sober:

can you ululate?

and having said all this my esteemed friend. do you still think its an a**umption by females.

and then if you will. please continue. thats the one part of that particular quote. id like to hear more on van riebeecks mirrors and the shoulder pads. id move to say you do a little more than just pointing out or merely observing female tendencies or what constitutes womanhood. and no. im not trying to adopt faux-maculine a**ertiveness. im just saying.  

do you ululate.

bluntedcacti

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
i am currently trying to write myself out of existence; not as a turn of phrase, but to actually inscribe myself inside the dissolution of syntax

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • View Profile
this bores me. you offer me nothing by way of dialogue and prefer instead to pursue the tedious and numbing nuances of argumentative  structure and rhetoric.

your pa**ive and shrewd questioning is falsely indicative of someone who does not experience life and instead pierces through those that do in order to uncover what - universal truth?  

while an argument such as this might have captivated me in my adolescence, i find i can't help but attribute it to a lesser intellect in my present state (where, admittedly, my mind has all but fled, rendering me a carbon-based hiatus). i am no longer in possession of that adherence to life that would enable me to vehemently argue out the truths of individualized (gender) perceptions - my finger-grips have loosened irrevocably in this sense.

paradoxically, your stringent vice-grip on what is 'you' is an affirmation of my own alienation.

if i teased you out, i did so unwillingly, as i do not believe in:

universal truth
opposing viewpoints
arguing

i would have liked to know your own perceptions though, not by way of a**ailing my own, but rather through you expressing them from the vantage point of yet another living, breathing, human being.

and no. i cant ululate. even if i could, i would be doubly confounded where i to discover it was not accompanied by a certain degree of shame.

salute!

im sorry you feel that way bluntedcacti.

im still naive enough to believe that people can yet find ways to bridge divides. that we at times allow miscommunication to happen. that we have more control over our lives than we think. than we could ever imagine. or atleast over what we think and what we say. what we say and what we do not say holds us just as responsible as the person on the otherside.

and im going to write these things coz i want to. coz these are my thoughts. i may not be able to put them quite as succintly as you do. thats your gift. you may choose to receive them or not. you may dismiss them. dissect them. that is up to you. it is something i have no control over.

im going to pull an unprecedented one here. a move. even for me. and im going to retrace my steps. and kill the war itself. this is trying to be a spectacle and that defeats the purpose completely. im not interested in the show. im speaking to you. with you. so ill say this rather. my responding to what you wrote was never an afront to your brilliance blunted. coz brilliant you are. it was never an attempt at matching wits or having a mental swordfight. no trying to a**ert any kind of superiority over you. not trying to prove anything. i was asking you something. it may have infact been an opportunity for you to engage with the very a**umptions we apparently make. i was asking you to teach me. i didnt like your tone. but i respect you. i dont like your tone. its not necessary. but i realise that because of that i must also change mine.    

i do not believe the issue here is me. this is not about me as a person. i do not believe you know me well enough to make those kind of judgements. this was never about how i write. or what i do or dont know about life. we can hardly psychoanalyse each other on the net. with mere words. but if we must be magnanimous with advice on what it is. what it means to live. ill say you are so much more brilliant. yours is a brilliance that is required for so much more that what i feel can be quite general otherwise comments on women. you are so much more than that. you have a power so big im not sure you realise just how much. thats what i would want to say to you.

so yes. ill do my best to live a little. but i would wish you the same.

we just wasted an important moment between the two of us.

blak boy

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
very interesting writing style mr cacti, dig it like a mother f***er, like a cross between Dostoyevsky and marechera, but more like marechera. uncanny even. seems like beer takes us young folks into that elusive space, where we see things as if for the first time and the result is always seeking change or realising how f***ed up our lives have been up to that point, but there issue is what you decide to make it and with different mental make-up's we all have different issue and we deal with them in fcked up ways, some of us, or the sum that is me.
y blood will nourish the tree that will bear the fruits of
freedom.
Tell my people that I love them. They must continue the fight."
Solomon Mahlangu

Saskia

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
right.

the allusion i was making to the fable of the empror's new clothes is completely lost (by crus-ou) in the disparity that i find almost always situates itself between male and female attitudes.

in other words, females are prone to intsinctively a**ume an engendered victim position that locates males (such as myself) as antogonistic sex-driven villains who are out to prove that females (such as yourself) are nothing more than mounds of flesh encasing a negative space we enjoy filling.

hence, the result of which becomes a faux-maculine a**ertiveness that poorly mimics male weaknesses in order to (albeit paradoxically) overcome them.

im a**erting that a show and celebration of vulnerability is a providential and indelible way of sharpening the emotional foci that not only reinforce womanhood, but also prove to be an achilles heel to the socially manufactured divisions that plague us.

and because im sober:

can you ululate?

salute!

Dude just a question if words were nonexistant and being pompous and bomabastic was not an option would you still be such a royal pain the a** -
At least my sister has PMS to blame what the f*** is your excuse - drunken belligerence?

I ask this because i wonder what the f*** your issue really is and you constantly seem to be playing a stupid, pointless and may I add f***ING POINTLESS  game of superiority - prevalent in dim wit teachers who have no experience of their own to talk about - except, of course the theory of such and such an ' intellectual".....

people like kill me  :wink:  really now, is every one trying to be a martyr ... give it up. Seria**.
quot;Life's a bitch and drugs don't work!"

the brand®

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-14
  • PAINT (25-03-11)
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/childakapoet
greetings fellow agians. i come to you with a somewhat urgent issue. it has recently come to my attention that i am perhaps incompatible with this life, and therefore should no longer be living. suffice it to say that i have tried my damndest to involve myself in every way conceiveable. to my favour, i have dabbled in the arts, women and even at my weakest moments, copius amounts of drink. in fact i've even humoured myself by being the occasional patron to many a charlaton's easy chair.  :P

jeeze man for a moment i thought this was a post about my trk "have u eva?"
but you some depressed shit.

i leave AG for six minutes and all we get are suicide attempts

fu$&^%$&ck
any way think about these type of women
i know brick and deacon approve of such fines

bluntedcacti

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile

bluntedcacti

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile

guerillapopsoup

bluntedcacti

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 01:35:43 PM by bluntedcacti »