Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Blue Sky Black Death: The Holocaust (Warcloud) Interview

wuinternational

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wu-international.com
Best of both worlds, imagine two legends placed together, think Beethoven meets Shakespeare, think of the purest from the underground that hip-hop has ever got to offer, then you would understand the impact the pairing of these up and coming talented production duo Kingston and Young god of Black Sky Blue Death with that of the Shakespeare of hip-hop would have when the album drops.  

Blue Skies Black Death stepped on the scene early this year with the release of their double CD debut release, A Heap of Broken Images. Comprised of producers Kingston and Young God, this San Francisco tandem explores the nether regions of brooding hip-hop, meshing dark samples, vocal snippets and live instrumentation into an album that holds its mood from start to finish. The group has worked closely with the finest artists in hip-hop such as  Jus Allah (Jedi Mind Tricks), Wise Intelligent (Poor Righteous Teachers), Guru (Gang Starr), Chief Kamachi (Army Of The Pharaohs), A-Plus (Hieroglyphics), Holocaust (Wu-Tang affiliate) just to mention a few. Blue Sky, Black Death is the dynamic new production team of Kingston and Young God. Sharing a penchant for tasteful instrumental hip-hop and traditional underground emcees, the two work as complimentary halves the same mind. Since 2004, Kingston has built a solid reputation with his work on albums by Boston legend Virtuoso, Babygrande's flamethrower Jus Allah, and Philadelphia truth-teller Chief Kamachi. He has found an ideal partner in Young God. The Bay Area studio maverick's attention to detail, vast beat library, and audiofile ear have helped Kingston step his productions to the next level. Their combined productions stay true to cla**ic hip-hop foundations while incorporating left-field elements that are all their own.

Holocaust, also mainly known as Warcloud, has been putting in work since 1996 after getting signed by The RZA on Wu-Tang records as a member of the first Westcoast Wu-Tang Killa Bee group, The Black Knights. Holocaust was featured on the gold selling compilation RZA Presents: Wu-Tang Killa Bees - The Swarm, which sold 139,000 copies on its first week of release, landing at ..4 on the Billboard Top 200 chart. Holocaust then went on to feature on numerous Wu-tang projects, providing deadly and much talked about verses on the Killarmy project Dirty Weaponry, as well as the Bobby Digital In Stereo, The Sting and Black Knights albums. Released 2 underground albums in 2002 (Nightmares That Surface From The Shallow Sleep and Smuggling Booze In The Graveyard) online that remain sort after and heavily bootlegged to date. Warcloud is popular for his ultra-detailed multi-layered poetry, and correct English pronunciations. He walks with a limp due to truck accident many years ago during a lone visit to Japan. Without any major albums out, Warcloud has retained a ma**ive cult following and has remained the subject of heavy internet debates and discussions. A very versatile emcees, Holocaust changed his rhyme style just about the same time he adopted the Warcloud name, a style referred to "free verse pattern"  was born, where rhyming is unnecessary and mostly sporadic. In his own words, he names this new rhyme style as "Mixed Forest Zone", whereas his old style was referred to as "Old Jail Pyjama Room".

The Black Sky Blue Death presents The Holocaust album is an unprecedented pairing of some of indie hip-hop's most original and promising new talent.  Inspired by the early Wu-Tang style, though it showcases a unique and raw sound unfound in today's hip hop music. Blue Sky Black Death provide dark cinematic soundscapes as the back drop to The Holocaust's diabolic verses. Manically shifting from haunting imagery and fragmented tales, to the most savage and vicious of battle raps ever conceived. Album drops on the 5th of September, 2006.  

While most of the Wu-Tang fans might know about Warcloud, little is known about the men behind the cla**ics beats heard on the album, Wu-International caught up with the dynamic duo Kingston and Young god to find out how it all started, how they connected with Warcloud, the album, future works, being part of possibly the best label (Babygrande) in hip-hop right now and lots more, Log on directly to www.Wu-International.com to read more of click on the link below for the full interview;

http://wu-international.com/misc_albums/Interviews/BSBD%20Interview.htm

DAZ aka-Cyfa Lojik (PPL ON THE STREET)

• Daz.-aka-Cyfa.Lojikk
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
this shit was too dope- jus allah,wise intelligent and sabac red killed it on that  track-"engage my words". "heroin for god" also nice flows!
hip hop is my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the lines and curl my back to reality-
the beat washes away from my soul the dust of everyday life-
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent!

RZArekta

• REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
man i dig dem cats from da Wu

i got somethin' like 120 wu albums and am a member of most wu forums.  when u start talkin about warcloud/holocaust, u cause great joy ina brotha because i completely dig that cat, i got like 3 or 4 of his albums.. but ma main man be da RZArekta (obviously namesake ;-))

nbody want some wu tang i can hook'em up with some

somewhere on this forum where i can list my collection?

8)
s long as you got mentally dead people
You need somebody to dig that grave up and bring them back to life
That's why they call me the RZArekta
I'm out to resurrect the mentally dead, by diggin up their graves