Let's go fifty fifty...

f***in repertoire man shyeet.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Never knew P could produce.Wow!

My question still stands why that nigga Curtis is credited as an Executive producer on the above mentioned albums yet he never produced a single track on the album?

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Suge Knight was executive producer of all of Death Row's projects but he never did a single beat. An executive producer is usually somebody who invests money into a project and takes care of other things above and beyond the music. He/She can have input on the project obviously but these are usually the "BIG BOSS" type muthaf***as who got nothin to do with the musical aspects of the project and are just concerned with the bottom line.

And by the way, a producer is not somebody who just makes a beat.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Quote from: "MrC"
An executive producer is usually somebody who invests money into a project and takes care of other things above and beyond the music. He/She can have input on the project obviously but these are usually the "BIG BOSS" type muthaf***as who got nothin to do with the musical aspects of the project and are just concerned with the bottom line.

And by the way, a producer is not somebody who just makes a beat.

Thanks! :P

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-9
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nduduzof
First tyme I heard "Soul Power by Common on Electric Circus"...I thought
?uestlove banged the drums till I bought the original copy....then I realized it was J Dilla  :lol:  :lol:
Marco Polo - Marquee ft O.C.
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys
Something Bout Love - The Main Ingredient

I stay on top like eXponents - AQ

Tek

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Gifted Much"
First tyme I heard "Soul Power by Common on Electric Circus"...I thought
?uestlove banged the drums till I bought the original copy....then I realized it was J Dilla  :lol:  :lol:

Questlove interview

What did y'all do with the records? Sample them?

Oh, we had five minutes to make a beat blind, without knowing the records. At first, I cried foul because both Frank and Proof were Dilla's friends. So, I chose the records for him. I made sure I chose records with no drums, no loops, nothing. I gave him Rick James' "Street Songs." He was like "you sure about this," and he did something that I would never forget. He took the intro to "Give it To Me Baby," slowed it down to an impossible rate, rearranged the ba**line. I wanted to cry that day. The next day, Common heard it and liked it, and it wound up being "Doin' It" on Common's album.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
tupac died of a respiratory failure

suge used to play football

obie trice freestyled for eminem through a window and got a deal

usher used to appear on the bold and the beautiful as raymond

50 cent made more money in 2008 than ja rule has made throughout his whole career
Hood.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Even now i cant picture P Producing beatz ;D

In retrospect i don't really think P produced the beats. Don't know why the credits read like that, but on the QueensBridge documentary, Tragedy says he was in studio @ times when Havoc was producing beats for The Infamous. So probably on the credits it's "produced by mobb deep" as in the song was "created" by them as a whole and not just the BEAT.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Swordsman

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-21
    • View Profile
but is P really puss?  Dammit!, cats talk smack about snuffin' you out. ......  no matter how much we see that people don't practice what they preach, it just doesn't cease to amaze a mahfcker.

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
pharell has purchased a sweater for 110 stacks
Hood.

Capt Schti

• Two sips from being a tyrant.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
Never knew P could produce.Wow!

My question still stands why that nigga Curtis is credited as an Executive producer on the above mentioned albums yet he never produced a single track on the album?

An executive producer is someone in charge of a project's DIRECTION creative-wise and financially.
He has last say.
For instance he can approve the beats that end up on an album- not produce them and approve the amount that can be spent for the project.       

"I just want to enter my house justified" Bloody Sam

Capt Schti

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Even now i cant picture P Producing beatz ;D

In retrospect i don't really think P produced the beats. Don't know why the credits read like that, but on the QueensBridge documentary, Tragedy says he was in studio @ times when Havoc was producing beats for The Infamous. So probably on the credits it's "produced by mobb deep" as in the song was "created" by them as a whole and not just the BEAT.

Yeah. That's probably true.
Depending on how tight a creative team is- meaning no egos and all, they prefer to be credited as equals.
The same with the Beatles songs were always credited as Lennon-Mcarthy- even though it's written by one person.
You find that Mobb Deep is meeting of equals- Havov beats; Prodigy lyrics, or even concepts.
And between the two of them they felt it's one thing: Mobb Deep.           

Capt Schti

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Nice thread by the way.

And... 

Nobody in Johannesburg ever knows the answer to "..what's the word?" and don't lie I seen cats looking around like- shit what is the word mfana?

this, what is the word? Do tell.   

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-4
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile