Africasgateway.com

Did you Know Thread

Ramorethetho

• Weed is green paper is brown coke is white you are a bitch so as your wife
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-18
  • Linux and Novell f***ed and gave birth to SuSe
    • View Profile
Did you know that Easy E didnt realy die of AIDS?
Feeling satisfaction from the street croud reaction

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
California Love was originally supposed to be on Dr. Dre's solo album, but Suge Knight snatched it up, and had pac record to it for All Eyez On Me.

EPMD was spelled EPEE MD on their first record.

RZA is married to Ghostface Killah's Sister

Mizchif and Metaphysics from Zim are second cousins.

MF DOOM was born in London and is 1/2 Jamaican, 1/2 Zimbabwean

Paul C though largely uncredited was responsible for the sound of Ultramagnetic MC's "Critical Beatdown", he taught Large Professor how to use an Emu SP-1200, and recorded Simply Too Positive's first demo, the group would later be known as Organized Konfusion.

Paul C was found dead in his apartment in Queens, while producing Eric B. & Rakim's "Let the Rhythm hit 'em

Fab 5 Freddy recorded a punkrock-rap song called "Hip-Hop-Bommi-Bop" with German Punk Rock band "Die Toten Hosen" back in 1983.

Fab 5 was a graffiti crew, and Freddy wrote the name "Fred"

Grandmaster Caz ghostwrote Rapper's Delight for Sugarhill Gang

D.O.C. is about to undergo surgery to get his vocal cords fixed, and the ordeal might be televised.

D.O.C. stands for Dallas Or Compton and he was a member of the Fila Fresh Crew in Texas.

T.I. used to MC for DJ Klever of The Allies at parties in Atlanta, before his breakthrough, DJ Drama used to DJ for Underground rap crew Binkis, before launching his successful Gangstagrillz mixtape series.

Andre is wearing puffy's chain in the Players Ball video.

Leaders Of the New School broke up on MTV Raps, appearing on the show to promote their sophomore album T.I.M.E., Charlie Brown declared he was going solo after this live on AIR, which was news to the rest of the group, and led to a huge argument and fallout live on the show. RUSH a**ociate Labels decided to stick with Busta Rhymes in the end and not Charlie Brown.

Charlie Brown went on to write the TV Commercial for the American fast food chain "Checkers". >> You Gotta Eat!

Bronx rapper Nine, called himself Nine, because his birthday is September 9th, 1969

NJ & NY born Das EFX meet while attending college in Petersburg, Virgina (VA State)

The first time Erick Sermon meet Keith Murray, Keith was rhyming with a razor blade in his mouth.

Del the Funkee Homosapien and Ice Cube are cousins, and Del started out ghostwriting for Ice Cube and Da Lench Mob.

Although Gang Starr rep for Brooklyn, where the two meet, Guru is actually from Boston, MA and DJ Premier is from Houston, TX.

Capt Schti

• Two sips from being a tyrant.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
Johannesburg!

Oh the Gil Scot Heron joint. "Tell me what's the word" love the song- Giles Peterson opened with it when he was playing at Carfax years ago.

On a side note I love that cat. Favourite writer of mine.
I remember listening to the the Watergate Blues after Bush got re-elected and the same being 100% percent on point with the present situation replace Vietnam with Iraq.

Once my crew stops drinking draughts at the Loft and get our website together (or maybe do both) my first piece is going to a primer for Gil Scot Heron going through his whole catalogue and introducing him to those who don't know him.
I've already done notes probably somewhere in my house but this is how I'm going to open the piece from memory...

"Somewhere out there he walks.
Syringe tainted with AIDS blood sticking out his skeletal arm. Or maybe they've captured him again and he is standing at dispensary slamming the gla** window crying for heroin and having to settle for methadone: The greatest poet ever..."

Something like that...             

"I just want to enter my house justified" Bloody Sam

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Did you know deac is awesome

That not good enough for ya?

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Did you know this is where the Crackheads probably get their "ice" from?

http://www.icemaven.com

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Did you know Woodchucks don't chuck wood at all?

There are a few of them that make skateboards though.

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile

Ramorethetho

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Did you know that rapping is hard and only a few can make it in this game thats why u no longer hear about the crack boyz,that nigga u who used to be with Township Frequency

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-4
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
Johannesburg!

Oh the Gil Scot Heron joint. "Tell me what's the word" love the song- Giles Peterson opened with it when he was playing at Carfax years ago.

On a side note I love that cat. Favourite writer of mine.
I remember listening to the the Watergate Blues after Bush got re-elected and the same being 100% percent on point with the present situation replace Vietnam with Iraq.

Once my crew stops drinking draughts at the Loft and get our website together (or maybe do both) my first piece is going to a primer for Gil Scot Heron going through his whole catalogue and introducing him to those who don't know him.
I've already done notes probably somewhere in my house but this is how I'm going to open the piece from memory...

Syringe tainted with AIDS blood sticking out his skeletal arm. Or maybe they've captured him again and he is standing at dispensary slamming the gla** window crying for heroin and having to settle for methadone: The greatest poet ever..."

Something like that...             

What's the word?
Tell me brother, have you heard
from Johannesburg?
What's the word?
Sister/woman have you heard
from Johannesburg?
They tell me that our brothers over there
are defyin' the Man
We don't know for sure because the news we
get is unreliable, man
Well I hate it when the blood starts flowin'
but I'm glad to see resistance growin'
Somebody tell me what's the word?
Tell me brother, have you heard
from Johannesburg?
They tell me that our brothers over there
refuse to work in the mines,
They may not get the news but they need to know
we're on their side.
Now sometimes distance brings
misunderstanding,
but deep in my heart I'm demanding;
Somebody tell me what's the word?
Sister/woman have you heard
'bout Johannesburg?
I know that their strugglin' over there
ain't gonna free me,
but we all need to be strugglin'
if we're gonna be free
Don't you wanna be free?

- The Man In Question

Give it up for Chubb Rock too.

Swordsman

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-21
    • View Profile
did you know that "Swordsman" is preparing to drop his debut EP, called "saturday night", and it is fully produced, mixed and mastered  by "Fact", and he will try to up it as soon as everythig is in place, and ohh the single is making buzz around in Bloem.?  did you?

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
i dig Gil-Scott Heron. Black Wax is my shit.

i didn't like the other poem you posted up (maybe because i disagree with Ginsberg's claim?) but this:

is dope!

look forward to the site. good luck with prying hands from the draughts at the Loft. so many brilliant ideas drown under the malt and its promise of "tomorrow, next week or in a few months once i..." and that's none other than experience talking.

peace!

@bornenbl3d. thanks for the poem, bredren.

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Did you know deac has the longest recorded streak of hating ever recorderd

That not good enough for ya?

Beloe

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-5
  • Gol D FuSer
    • View Profile
@Tek
Can you post a link to the rest of that story i remember reading it with ?uesto telling da whole beat story

Did you know Pete Rocks The World Is Yours beat made Premo resubmit his Represent beat
That kool keith was in a psyche hospital
That Masters of the Universe(technically Waterworld)by Binary Star had such a shoestring budget every song was done in one take
That Q Tip stole the Jazz (We've Got) beat from Pete Rock

FuS
It Aint Like Its Hell Here!

Ramorethetho

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Did you know that Nyambs aka Omero's daddy stopped having a pa**ion of making beats  after he was exposed on yfm for jerking American producer Geology's beats