Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Check this piece,Got from the newsletter mail.

I know BEE can be a sticky subject, but in my personal experience having a black partner and friend for the last seven years has had a huge impact on my businesses. I am writing predominantly to the white entrepreneurs out there when I say, come on guys, South Africa is an African country where over 80 percent of the population is non-white, and the non-whites were heavily suppressed for generations until 10 years ago. You can’t still sit back and say BEE is irrelevant, or BEE is not for me. You live in Africa and that alone should be good enough reason to try and redistribute wealth in the only effective economic way we can, which is through entrepreneurship.

Now despite the moral factors or that we do live in Africa, I can a**ure you that to grow and succeed as an entrepreneur in South Africa, you need to develop some sort of BEE strategy. And most importantly this strategy should not be driven by need or compliance but by true belief that BEE will help expand and prolong the success of your business. Ignoring BEE could be detrimental to your business.

I know I am opening a can of worms here, but because of the segregation of apartheid, we as whites never got to know many blacks and therefore it is naturally harder to establish relationships today. Having said this though, there has been plenty of time and in my experience there are plenty of relationships waiting to happen.

So my and Salala’s real message is …

…to the whites – get off your merry-go-rounds where you think you can survive as a white-only business and understand that you are fortunate to live in a country where you aren’t forced to change, or restricted in your ability to start and run a business. Make an effort to consider BEE in the near future. I must stress here that I am not talking necessarily about selling shares, but more about strategic partnerships that will grow and sustain your business.

…to the non-whites – understand that BEE is not about making money because you are black, but rather an opportunity to leverage white experience and add value through your a**ociation. Be prepared to work and add value as much as possible. Because we see all these big corporate deals happening, we get misguided into thinking that is what BEE is about. But in the world of entrepreneurship, BEE is about synergy where 1+1 = 3. Your involvement in an existing white business should always improve and grow that business, and that you can be rewarded for.

…and to people starting a business from scratch, black or white – try and start your business with partners in place. Make an effort to make South Africa a true success story where racial issues are forgotten and everyone works towards a thriving economy that will benefit all South Africans

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-4
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
Is that what's his name from EmpoweredX? He's doing a lot to shift mindsets I'll give him that.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Yeah!

he must try tellin this one.

Why BEE won't work for SEP's
PS. SEP = Self Employed Person

Isn't it wonderful how the government makes us feel more important than we feel? All this talk about being a small-business owners being a fundamental to our future economy, and even thinking so much of our businesses that they want to force us to share those businesses with previously disadvantaged persons. And they are so inspired by this small-business thing that they use a whole range of wonderful code words like SME, SMME, as well as some rather exciting definitions. Heck, every single employee on earth has bought into this dream and aspires to running his/her own business.

However, the reality was brought home to me this past week. Late last week I attended a short seminar on BEE within the tourism industry, and walked away with the confirmation that our leaders have absolutely no clue about what being a small-business owner entails. Unfortunately, nor do we small-business owners remotely understand their point of view -- because I seemed to be the only person asking any questions in a group of 50. I will talk about this later.

That same day I applied for finance for a motor vehicle. After answering all the questions, the subject of employment came up.

"I have worked for Best Seminars for the past 10 years." I said.
"Do you own the company?" She asked.
"Yes." I answered.
"Ah. Self-employed." She wrote.

The private sector regards us as self-employed. As far as they are concerned we don't have businesses. We merely have jobs. Worse, we have jobs with no bosses! Even worse, we are so bad at our own jobs that we need to employ a**istants. And because we are so risky they see no point in advancing us any money at all. They believe that their chances of repayment are somewhere between zero and fokkal. [Colloquialism meaning very little.]

In contrast, the public sector regards every self-employed person as being a small-business owner with enough equity and profit to share with other individuals -- both investors and employees (and, of course, the government). Not only that, but we must be astoundingly dynamic to be able to compress all the work that Telkom does into such a tiny package - and it doesn't seem fair that all this largesse be encapsulated in a single privileged entreprenuer. Hell, I am so far off that that I cannot even spell the word. There is a small flaw with this approach: if the MD of Telkom leaves, their service can only improve - but if the person doing my job leaves, then the firm fails. [Heck, even if I don't leave the firm, I still have a mere 4% chance of surviving 10 years!]

A few years ago a young fella joined a firm as an employee. Financed himself a car with no problem -- because he had a real job. Then he did a management buyout and became the owner of the firm. Great move, because he earned himself about 400% more than he was earning before (and that's just income, excluding the capital growth). Suddenly, however, it was almost impossible for him to finance a car -- because he was now self-employed!

If it is this difficult for a small-business owner/self-employed individual to finance a real a**et like a motor car or a home -- how difficult would it be for a black person to find the finance to purchase vapourware - which is how the banks see the shares in your job? And that's the main reason we self employed persons will not be selling our jobs in the near future.

However, I quote the esteemed presenter [leading government tourism player in KZN]: "Nope, that won't be a problem. Government does not expect you to give the equity away. They have made arrangements with a whole range of government institutions and banks to make hundreds of zillions available." Right.....

In 13 days final feedback needs to be given in for the Tourism BEE sectoral charter. That's a problem. Let me explain why.

The average small business (self-employed person) in the tourism sector does not understand this charter. They all think it doesn't apply to small businesses like theirs (under R 500,000 turnover, self-employed person with a couple of a**istants). At the end of an 18 hour day (and that's just looking after their clients) they face all the paperwork that the government requires. Most of them wake up each day just before they go to bed! They don't have time to read yet another government initiative, let alone understand it. Unfortunately, in order to find out or where they should be submitting their feedback to (if they had time to work out what it was) involves yet another search of Sherlock Holmesian proportions -- which most of us don't have the time for.

Government seems to have put the responsibility on us self employed persons to find solutions to the schemes they're suggesting that won't work. (Every time I mention that this legislation cannot work when applied to small-business owners/self-employed persons like ourselves I am told that we must come up with solutions or else face the consequences. Isn't that a bit like having a gun put to the head and being told that unless we surrender the car we will be shot?) Almost all of the figures quoted at these various seminars apply to large listed companies -- simply because nobody has done research at our level. And our reality is that the entire system -- and the complete slow time wasting process -- mitigates against any small-business owner getting involved at any real level.

I believe that any self employed person employing fewer than 25 persons, and turning over less than R5million, should be exempt. Not because they do not want to comply, but because they cannot. I would appreciate your comments.

Last week I promised that I would share the best accounting software in the world with you. I am sorry that I can't do it today. I ran out of time working on submissions for this BEE issue on behalf of 1500 Business Warriors. [And because I was having so much fun that I quickly did my personal accounts as well.] I will have a free trial download available for you next week. If you are not yet a Business Warrior - please consider joining for a month to see what we're doing to help you. [No contracts, just plain business sense.]

PS. SEP = Self Employed Person

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
There is no difference between BEE and Afrikaner Broederbond, the working cla** (the majority in this country ) is not going to benefit and the reason for that is that BEE in its true sense or not is based on some capitalist ideology. So ithe same isht as broederbond but different flies!!!!!!!!!

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Got these pieces from another forum,

WHIPME WROTE-----

It's blatantly racist, but Mai has pointed out the core matter here.
If I had a company that was listed, I would do it exactly the same way as this, because it is the alternative to putting some fatcat on the board who basically just takes your money because he's black. All that does is make the rich richer.

The whole BEE and AA thing is just capitalist apartheid! I have heard of many stories where qualified ppl are kicked out of their jobs and replaced by an incompetent, sometimes even useless person of colour just so that the company complies with BEE standards. One in particular is where my dad's wife has been cut out of her job and expected to train her incompetent unqualified replacement. This is a complete slap in the face to any qualified person, white OR black. It is actually an insult to all academic institutions as well.

I am in my final year at varsity, doing Computer Science Honours, and am part of a mailing list that sends out job offers to the students. Out of 10 a week, at least 4 are "affirmitive action only" or "underprivileged persons only" or "employment equity only". The most blatant one I've seen actually said "we are looking for a black graduate to...".

I saw the fruits of this wonderful new BEE policy in a cla** a few weeks ago. It was an information security lecture, where they had the head of Information Security from <insert tax collection agency's name here> as a guest speaker. He's black, and has been doing the job for 5 years now. He couldn't communicate with us! He didn't understand any of the questions we asked, he couldn't even speak english fluently! How does someone like that fit into a corporate structure where the medium of communication is english? How can you put someone like that in front of an audience? You can't, because your company will look like shit afterwards.

How is this fair to employ people not by merit but by race? It isn't, and the companies that follow these policies will suffer for their compliance as a result of just employing the first AA candidate that applies. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for upliftment, but it has to be done fairly.

STICKY WROTE-----

Well Engen Garages now have a policy where they will not grant any white person to open a fuel station, yes you've guest it again blacks only will be allowed.

If you are white and you own one of these Engen fuel stations, and you want to sell your garage, you need to do so only to a black person. No white person will be allowed to even buy an existing Engen Garage.

What does companies like this want to say to the world?

Well I don't care if they sell their fuel at R1 per litre I will never make use of their services again.

O and by the way I now know of 17 people that have disconected their DSTV, MWEB, Newspaper and Magazine subscriptions that is affiliated to Media24 and Multichoice.

SLAGTER WROTE---

Well Engen Garages now have a policy where they will not grant any white person to open a fuel station, yes you've guest it again blacks only will be allowed.

If you are white and you own one of these Engen fuel stations, and you want to sell your garage, you need to do so only to a black person. No white person will be allowed to even buy an existing Engen Garage.

What does companies like this want to say to the world?

Well I don't care if they sell their fuel at R1 per litre I will never make use of their services again.