cash · 84 · 17635

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
Quote from: "RearrangedReality"
no zip yet?

sorry man! my boy who got winzip aint uploaded it yet! i had a trial version! shit expired!
@cash_sog

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Quote from: cash

dog! that was a mixtape track! not a track i wud use as a single or somethin! how u gon dissect hooks now!  i freestyled that hook man!!!! its that mixtape shit!!!!!

"everybody in the club get tipsy" - thats a good hook
"pac used to do one line hooks!" those were damn good hooks!
prokid did " u know what that means....MOVE! thats a hook right there alone!...and that was for his single!!!! since when were hooks a science!

but i understand what u sayin tho! its not a killer catchy hook! that wasnt the intention!
the purpose of that hook was to vent out my feelings and glue together the general concept of the whole track!!! which i think it did convincingly!

dont come in talkin shit about "the hook isnt well constructed" CMON dog! thats foul and u know it! what u gon analyse next? my breathe control? adlibs? cmon man!!!!

but the rest of the stuff u said was legit! i took it as constructive!
thats why i said " borderline hating!" - the hook and the MORE Ba** statements werent constructive! they was jus "borderline hatin"! jus negative comments!!!!! baseless!

I get the feeling I'm going to regret getting dragged into this.

My question is this: since when does the fact that it was a mixtape track make sub-par track construction any more acceptable? There are brilliant and awe-inspiring mixtape tracks, just as there are wack album tracks. If we're talking in terms of hooks, Prokid's track (for example) didn't measure up. The hook didn't have any energy or fire to match what was undoubtedly a hot beat. (and yes, I know that statement will cause some issue...)

And why shouldn't people analyse things like breath control? Isn't that a crucial part of being a good MC? One of the biggest criticisms of someone like Lupe Fiasco is that he needs to work on his breath control. Pharoahe Monche is the master of breath control.  And since we're on the topic, hooks, just like verses, are a science. Ask Wu-Tang. Ask Masta Ace. Ask Talib Kweli. Ask Zubz.

And how is the criticism "more ba**" not constructive? It's a comment about the overall mixdown of the track, more than anything else. How is this something to get wound up about.

I'll say it again: if, as an MC, you can't take constructive criticism (and like it or not, my initial comments were genuine, thought-through and came from a desire to improve someone's music) then you're in the wrong business.

You can make of that whatever you like.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

zoolooo1

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.africasgateway.com
below average music is wack whether in mixtapes or albums, but tracks that r on mixtape dont have the same vibe as tracks for an album.....that track is gangsta....Period!!! Some tracks grow on u, so yes! i believe u will fall in love with the track in due time!
m the illest and realest entertainer there is out there....im the best at what i do and i not about to compromise my music or character to try and fit in this comedy showcase they call a music industry......

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Quote from: "rob_one"
Quote from: "cash"

dog! that was a mixtape track! not a track i wud use as a single or somethin! how u gon dissect hooks now!  i freestyled that hook man!!!! its that mixtape shit!!!!!

"everybody in the club get tipsy" - thats a good hook
"pac used to do one line hooks!" those were damn good hooks!
prokid did " u know what that means....MOVE! thats a hook right there alone!...and that was for his single!!!! since when were hooks a science!

but i understand what u sayin tho! its not a killer catchy hook! that wasnt the intention!
the purpose of that hook was to vent out my feelings and glue together the general concept of the whole track!!! which i think it did convincingly!

dont come in talkin shit about "the hook isnt well constructed" CMON dog! thats foul and u know it! what u gon analyse next? my breathe control? adlibs? cmon man!!!!

but the rest of the stuff u said was legit! i took it as constructive!
thats why i said " borderline hating!" - the hook and the MORE Ba** statements werent constructive! they was jus "borderline hatin"! jus negative comments!!!!! baseless!

I get the feeling I'm going to regret getting dragged into this.

My question is this: since when does the fact that it was a mixtape track make sub-par track construction any more acceptable? There are brilliant and awe-inspiring mixtape tracks, just as there are wack album tracks. If we're talking in terms of hooks, Prokid's track (for example) didn't measure up. The hook didn't have any energy or fire to match what was undoubtedly a hot beat. (and yes, I know that statement will cause some issue...)

And why shouldn't people analyse things like breath control? Isn't that a crucial part of being a good MC? One of the biggest criticisms of someone like Lupe Fiasco is that he needs to work on his breath control. Pharoahe Monche is the master of breath control.  And since we're on the topic, hooks, just like verses, are a science. Ask Wu-Tang. Ask Masta Ace. Ask Talib Kweli. Ask Zubz.

And how is the criticism "more ba**" not constructive? It's a comment about the overall mixdown of the track, more than anything else. How is this something to get wound up about.

I'll say it again: if, as an MC, you can't take constructive criticism (and like it or not, my initial comments were genuine, thought-through and came from a desire to improve someone's music) then you're in the wrong business.

You can make of that whatever you like.

thats why kweli and em dont reach the ma**es and wu fell off!!!!! they makin shit too complicated!!!!

i did that hook from the heart, no thinkin! no scriptin! u dig!
the prokid example was bad! :D that track was whack! but yo! jus listen to the music man! nuff respect! im not complicatin shit! im jus me! drop the science!
@cash_sog

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
So you have to dumb shit down to reach the ma**es? What a sad opinion to hold.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

zoolooo1

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    [/list]

If doing something different other than the norm is dumbin shit down
    than this is a sad opinion to hold. Haters will always have a negative
    reaction to things. Just listen to the music and stop hating! But than again
    this is the way some cats handle their biz.......
    m the illest and realest entertainer there is out there....im the best at what i do and i not about to compromise my music or character to try and fit in this comedy showcase they call a music industry......

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
      • REP: +21/-42
      • View Profile
    Since no zip has been uploaded yet I havent heard the tracks. There could be a chance that I would disagree with Rob on his opinions, but what if I agree? If this is this the way you guys handle criticism then I say Cash (no beef) but my bro dont bother with the zip file if you were only uploading it for me. I dont think theres a point in giving you listen man. sorry.

I'm out.

Da Intrikate

• AG Regular
      • REP: +1/-1
      • View Profile
    @ Cash

who are these ma**es that you wanna reach? Its not like the music you do has a large market. The commercial rap in SA which is mostly succesful has vernicular or "street-loxion' dominated rhymes in it,and you guys dont have that .
    Theres only a small  " american wannabe" market, (which I would believe would be your main audience) in SA, and most of that market wont even buy local sht. They wud rather buy a Nelly album or Fifty.
     love black, I wish I was two shades darker

cash

• AG Veteran
      • View Profile

see now u missin the point completely! thats a haters mentality right there! u aint listenin! u jus waitin to say somethin negative!
    i aint sayin u gotta dumb down! WTF is wrong wit u man!? cant u read!
    i said all these punk a** niggas u mentioned(i respect kweli and wu,dont get it twisted!)...but they do music from the mind,they make it too complicated! what im sayin is....DO HIPHOP FROM THE HEART! not from the dictionary or the library,this aint no science project! its music!
    thats why Pac was and still is hot! and the likes of Masta Ace are mediocre and can only CLAIM to be the hottest!

the ma**es aint dumb! what u mean we gotta dumb down? i never said that! i guess thats how u feel! :D
    the ma**es jus appreciate somethin if its more soul than brain! FACT!!
    thats what the f*** im sayin!

MAN UZ A HATER!!!!
    yo RIP please put this nigga where he belong! in the haters top ten!
    what kind of comments is he on! missin the point completely!
    nigga be askin what im tellin him in ROAK! obviously didnt listen to the track! jus didnt have enuff ba** for him so he had to talk greazy! then he say the hook aint scientifically crafted enough!!!!!!! :D  :D

clearly a well educated guy tho! props for that!
    where did u get ya PHD from? :lol:
    @cash_sog

motley

• AG Hustler
      • REP: +3/-0
      • View Profile
    This crack crap wont go anywhere
    S.A cant stand these american wannabees
    quit this shit before you grow old and have nuthin to show
    your rich folks wont always be there

zoolooo1

• AG Regular
      • View Profile
      Quote from: "RearrangedReality"
      Since no zip has been uploaded yet I havent heard the tracks. There could be a chance that I would disagree with Rob on his opinions, but what if I agree? If this is this the way you guys handle criticism then I say Cash (no beef) but my bro dont bother with the zip file if you were only uploading it for me. I dont think theres a point in giving you listen man. sorry.

I'm out.
      [/list]

Then be out dawg...theres a difference btween hating and givin constructive criticism, if u do something different and ( forget the
      fact that it sounds tite ) and a nicca says u dumbin shit down...come
      on now, this is cla**ic hater mentality ...only a hater and can say something like that...all negative! Tryin to knock a niccas hustle!!!
      For what...? Its definately not cos the tracks are not tite, u just hating!!! Real niccas know all yol bitch a** niccas can get the fukc outta here....hambo' dlalela leeee!!!

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
        • REP: +17/-52
      • Thorough-bred
        • View Profile
      Quote from: "cash"

MAN UZ A HATER!!!!
      yo RIP please put this nigga where he belong! in the haters top ten!
      what kind of comments is he on! missin the point completely!
      nigga be askin what im tellin him in ROAK! obviously didnt listen to the track! jus didnt have enuff ba** for him so he had to talk greazy! then he say the hook aint scientifically crafted enough!!!!!!! :D  :D

clearly a well educated guy tho! props for that!
      where did u get ya PHD from? :lol:

Nah! man, i dont think hes hating,he was just givin ya a feedback.

ps:Anyway ill be in jozi in few weeks time 2 handle some business,digits! digits nigga,

Saskia

• AG Regular
        • View Profile
      Quote from: "motley"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
      Nicely said!
      I'm with you on this one.
      Wonder how long this crack phase is going to last? :roll:
      quot;Life's a bitch and drugs don't work!"

zoolooo1

• AG Regular
        • View Profile
        Quote from: "Saskia"
        Quote from: "motley"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
        Nicely said!
        I'm with you on this one.
        Wonder how long this crack phase is going to last? :roll:
        [/list]

Lifes a bitch(so fukc her) and drugs do work.....motherfukcers!!!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
        • AG O.G.
          • REP: +26/-56
          • View Profile
          • Pioneer Unit Records
        you saying wu is too complicated?

the reasons for wu being quiet recently is because they lost focus once their master strategist rza started doing other stuff. there were too many hard-headed and disorganised cats.

wu is one of the most innovative and influential hip hop groups of all time. i don't think they're a good example of the bad things that can happen if you think too much - the exact opposite in fact.

i'm waiting for a south african rza to come up, a cat that is uniquely innovative, can generate broad (if not ma**) appeal and understands the business side. that will be a powerful combination.