SAMA Nominees Final

deePea · 58 · 11494

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile
My money is on Verb end of story, ufck what u think.
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper

DRAMA BOY

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
SO HOW CAN THIS CAT BE NOMINATED FOR A SAMA...NO OFFENCE TO HIM BUT THIS SHIT IS WACK... MAJORITY DONT EVEN KNOW HIS ALBUM BUT HIS UP 4 A SAMA....
CRACK BOY WANNA BE...

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Majority on AG means vokol. I know people who've been bumping this album for a while and they loving it. Shyt's been all over radio how can people not know he has an album out? Im going with Zubz on this one.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Bondizzo

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • www.demcrackboys.com
I saw Flabbas video on channelo a few days back, not that impressive as it was very dull but the song was funny

{The Kid! Sensei-tional}

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Well, I've heard two of Flabba's trax, plus that remix with all those cats.
i haven't seen his alblum on the shelves nor seen the vids.

I haven't heard any new Zubz, haven't seen it on the shelves, haven't seen any vids.

Got the new Tumi, seen no vids, listened to the whole alblum. I like!!

Got the new Proverb, seen no vids, listened to the whole alblum. I like!!!

I'll be cool if either Tumi or Proverb takes it!!
oli The Don [Crack Manufacturer]

T

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
What criteria are u guys putting up for someone to be Nominated?
i sense a bit of confusion on how a sama nominee is nominated. guys must first educate themselves 1st with the processes then comment.pela then we won't have comments like shelves and sales and videos.

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
In repsonse to some of the questions raised on this thread, one of my favourite hip hop journalists sums it up:

I became really aware of just how bad this whole game is the other day when I was having a conversation about Papoose’s debut album. I was asked how I thought it would do, and when I replied with my thoughts on how I thought the album would sound, the person who asked me the question said, “No, I meant sales. What do you think it will do?”

Wow. I didn’t start doing interviews and writing columns to answer questions about that. I got into the journalism side of hip-hop for three reasons. I thought I would be good at it and I would get albums for free and before everyone else. Before HHG, I was working jobs to pay for CD’s. I never wanted to get into this so I could be like Mel Kiper and make a career out of making wrong predictions. Making predictions about album sales is for those tools at CSPAN. And at what point did everyone start caring and memorizing sales numbers before lyrics? I bet most “fans” can’t remember a line off Nas’ Hip-Hop Is Dead but they can tell you what it did its first week out.

Nuff said.

Or maybe to add:

For some, that number is important in the same way fans memorize the salaries of professional athletes. But think about how that ruins sports. If fans didn’t think about A-Rod’s $250 million, they would probably hate Mr. April less. But because they see that figure every time he comes up short in October, it becomes even easier to hate him.

Jay’s Kingdom Come was considered a failure by some because it didn’t go platinum its first week out, despite the hologram cover. It’s okay to not like that album for songs like “Hollywood,” but never dislike an album because it didn’t have high sales. The problem is the cool kids in hip-hop who like Hell Razah and artists like him would rather download the music instead of going to the store to cop it, where a generation ago most would cop the CD officially. If the cool kids can kick the geeks out of Best Buy, maybe this thing called hip-hop can actually be saved.

Shout out to hiphopgame's 730.

That being said, Headphone Music in Parallel World, is one of the best albums I've ever heard in my life. (And this is after I thought Listeners Digest was'nt really all that before you brush this off as some Zubz stan fan type comment. ).

Sales sales sales :?
Nelly's Country Grammar did 6mill plus.
Fiddy's Get Rich Or Die Tryn did 10mill +.
I never did think these were "dope" albums because of sales, they were dope because of their content. And becuase they had a monster like Universal backing them, enough people got to contribute to their "dope" sales numbers. If those albums sold 2 copies and I had one of them, I would've still thought those were dope albums, based on the sames things:
1) the content executed like a mutha,
2) how nothing else sounding like it when it dropped.

Talking about these SAMA nominees are wack coz they have'nt sold 50K, (not because of the content of their albums) is just stupid. There is no monster like Universal backing these to get enough people purchasing to get those "millions" numbers.

what is very stupid of note, is not having the business knowledge of what it takes to have a turnover of one million compact discs...(the actual numbers involved in the financing of the cost of production of the product, the above the line, through the line and below the line marketing, the physical distribution of the product), realising that when you weigh this up with the turnover on selling 1 million CDs at the current (already supposedly overpriced retail prices), and after the 14% VAT you're going to have to cough up in addition to everything else you've been invoiced..YOU"RE f***ED, & anyway, by previous actions, a lack of a thorough knowledge of the key business relationships necessary to execute your vision
but running your mouth off about the same acts that are backed by the same people that are part of the possible necessary business relationships you'd need to foster to push your mill, but still thinking you'll just drop and because you're "the truth" you'll do a mill and everyone will love you. :?  ? I can't think of anything more stupid that's f*kcing up my day more, on this day where I'm having a bad f*kcing day, than this display of ignorance that nobody says anything about.

To push the mill please pick up a book on how to build a company of your own to do this and unless you talking to Rupert Family members, or MIH Holdings shareholders-people with real paper, not your Bank branch manager-you've got a long way to building that company quick to get it to have muscle to do this, coz without that, it's not just gonna happen coz you think you've dropped a couple of mixtapes. That's just how it is because you're AFRICAN mu%herf@cker$. Nothing personal

So all I'm saying is, because my AG time is valuable, if you gonna hate, in amongst opinions of substance to ponder over, may it be backed by substance worth pondering over (i.e. more reasons than "I'm hotter, I'm truth"), coz clicking through pages and pages of bullsh!t based on personal fantasies you daydream about : as if you're the first genius to ever think of such thoughts, is clearly irritating me. Particularly today.  
I shall now proceed to catch a much needed chill pill. It's Friday.

DRAMA BOY

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote from: "T"
What criteria are u guys putting up for someone to be Nominated?
i sense a bit of confusion on how a sama nominee is nominated. guys must first educate themselves 1st with the processes then comment.pela then we won't have comments like shelves and sales and videos.

T THT IS MY f***EN PROBLEM... I DONT f***EN CARE BOUT THE CRITERIA... THE FACT THT THERE R NO VIDEOS, SALES R NOT EVEN MENTIONED, LET ALONE NOT SEEING THIS SHIT @ MUSICA....

BASICALLY A SAMA AINT SHIT THEN IF SALES DONT MATTER, WE MIGHT AS WELL NOMINATE DOPE MCEES AS WELL THEN.... I NOMINATE MORALE AS THE BEST HIP HOP MIXTAPE.....I KNOW THTS NOT POINT....

T I HAV A PROBLEM WITH THE STANDARDS OF HIP HOP IN SA SO I DONT NEED TO BE EDUCATED ON f***EN WACK SHIT THT WE R FORCED TO DEAL WITH....f*** THE SAMAS THEY DONT MEAN SHIT IN SA HIP HOP COZ SA HIP HOP DONT EVEN HAV A BACKBONE OF REAL TALENT BUT ONLY A FEW CATS THT HAD THE RIGHT CONTACTS NOW THEY UP FOR SAMAS.... f*** THE SAMAS..... UP UNTIL  DOPE PIPS SURFACE NAMELY ANVILS,RAS,BLACKLEZ, MORALE, MONOPOLY,NTHABI,METROPOLITAN KINGS, IGHO, DONNIE BRASCO, BEN SHARPA, KONFAB, DAMOLA, HAKEEM, D-COCKY, LANDMYNZ,MrC ETC.. & SHIT LOAD OF OTHER TITE MCEES I HAV NEVA HEARD B4......f*** THE SAMAS.......
CRACK BOY WANNA BE...

deePea

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Nobody has said anything about the double nomination,,, thats like Hp Hop Nomination history in the making

Tumi and the Volume was nominated and Tumi - Music from my good eye.

It will be interesting to see which "Tumi" takes it

Im convinced that Tumi or Pro will take it but Tumi has a double chance and if he does not take it then i dont know who will!!
amiliarity breeds contempt
Perigo Minas Volume 2 OUT Now!!!
Landmynz Bitch

Bashin

• im the One
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-4
    • View Profile
ill be happy if Flabba or Proverb win
Flabba is nice ..msunu kanyoko if u dont believe me  :lol:
"Like a white man in Zimbabwe u losin the plot"
"im all about ukgwiny 'buchopho bami jst 2 spit my mind"
"sweety le phone oyi spanisayo seykhathele cabanga nje u cherri ka Flabba eshaya nge alcatel"
"style sakho sifile njengo tupac"
www.kasimp3.co.za/s3P7 #BLAZIN_SPEAKERS

Ghetto Rat

• AG Hustler
  • "This world is mine for the taking"
    • View Profile
I ve heard Tumi's Music from my good eye- its a cla**ic! every song he has written is Word-cla** jus below D late great TuPac, 4 real!

I've heard 3 singles of Proverbs - nice! With his far-fetched punch lines, biting Golden Shovel n all but still a real MC.

I heard 2 Flabba joints, nice! But he was only nominated bcoz there was no competition- i mean i can't think of a betta alternative, even tho PROkid's album was really dope but i can't  compare it 2 Flabba's coz i haven't heard it.

Zubz is amazing - he got betta: d Victor, not victim song is beautiful.

Tumi n d Volume- dope as usual- Tumi is consistent, he gives his best both solo n with his band.

VERDICT: Tumi has a 40% chance of winning d SAMA n he will take it. He deserves it mo than anyone else considering d talent n skill!

Zubz would b #2- jus behind d fat boy.Our own Rakim right here.

Last year i heard d judges were Lee, Kamza, Dj Kambu... something like that etc.

I would substitute Flabba for Tuks. Im shocked he wasn't nominated.
y thoughts stay down-to-earth like a vicious alligator's six-pack! - Golden Shovel

Beaker

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mg.co.za
Quote from: "bashin"
"sweety le phone oyi spanisayo seykhathele cabanga nje u cherri ka Flabba eshaya nge alcatel"

OK..this has me rollin'....  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Ghetto Rat

• AG Hustler
  • "This world is mine for the taking"
    • View Profile
ZuluBoy should b Tumi's #1 competitor(hardest)!

Zuluboy's album is equally a cla**ic -"no mater which angle u look at it."

I would substitute Tumi n his Volume n slot in Zulu. It seems like d judges forgot about him, i gues its marketing.
I still think hes a betta lyricist than some of em cats up their ie. Flabba, ProVerb.

ZULU UYE SABEKA!
y thoughts stay down-to-earth like a vicious alligator's six-pack! - Golden Shovel

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Quote from: "Zubz"
"I don't need a SAMA in order for streets to Honour me"

THis is the 2nd time Zubz been nominated right?

Anyway looks like there is a chance someone halfway decent will win this year.
Smart money is on ProVerb.

Beloe

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-5
  • Gol D FuSer
    • View Profile
Boitumelo MoleKANE the able supplier is gonna take this if the world is right & just(Whats touching MARIA)
It Aint Like Its Hell Here!