2.Biggie
3.Jay-Z
4.Gangstarr
5.Aesop Rock
6.Nas
7.Mr lif
8.J-Live
9.Kool G Rap
10.Black thought But i think Immortal Technique is going to claimthis spot.

I dont want your input  on my list , just place your list and leave the thread
Feeling satisfaction from the street croud reaction

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Your list is shit. I know you said you dont want my input, but who are you to decide what you want?

Here´s my list:
1. Mr. Lif
2. Chino XL
3. Aesop Rock
4. Del tha Funkee Homo Sapien
5. Mc Paul Barman(Listen to His new album, he has a song thats the same played forward or backward, this is called a palindrome eg.A man, a plan, a canal, Panama!
)
6. Motion man
7. Warcloud
8. Pharoahe Monche ( I miss Organised Konfusion)
9. Jedi Mind tricks( even though visions of Ghandi was shit)
10. Eminem(pre fame, cos now he fell off) (this spot could be taken by Danny K, cos I hear he´s got an underground album coming out)

[ This message was edited by: pYROKINETIX on 27-01-2004 09:02 ]

khoi

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://The Kraal
1)   Jay-Z – considering that he has maintained his standards he to shut his critics up with more that ten LPs his with skill, cleaver lyrics (yes, his bling-bling shit as well) and he has what a lot of rappers lack that’s charm.  
2)   Prodigy of Mobb Deep – for combining simple lines and to make up “shit that gabs you”, eg He’s the one that Primo sampled on Common’s “Sixth Sense“ & many other songs. And for being second-to-none when come to “gun music”. Get all the Mobb music and check him out for yourself
3)    Sticky Fingers from Onyx – for making me wait for his verses every time I listen to Onyx and the way he puts the emotions in his rap especially when he raps in story-telling songs like “Veronica” and “Why”
4)   Biggie – well I know that people say he’s the greatest but to me I think people say that because he died while he was still hot. I honestly think that it’s a bit unfair to make him the GOAT. (that’s my opinion)
5)   Common and Cormega –when it comes quotables the have a ton.
6)   Kwabulawayo Kraal – for being in a cla** of our own.
7)   Flabba from Skwatta Kamp – shinning in every tracks he raps on both live and in studio
8)    Wu-Tang Clan – although I never liked Iron Flag and W but I feel they deserve to be here
9)   Nas – although I think he’s overrated sometimes but he’s still one of the greats  
10)    Gang Starr – name any other tag-term as great as this

ps this list can change anytime for me, an mc is as good as his last album or the last song I heard from that mc  

wabulawayo Kraal we kill - only time will reveal

CaptainScti

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
I´m sorry but opinions being respected aside Jay-Z has to be the most criminaly celebrated spectecularly avarage rapper to ever rap. He is avarage he got off copping other people styles waiting for them to die and then copying their ryhmes. I don´t see how anyone who even knows how to write can respect him. go on  
ou work for me now

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Quote:

27-01-2004 at 11:40, Anonymous :
I´m sorry but opinions being respected aside Jay-Z has to be the most criminaly celebrated spectecularly avarage rapper to ever rap. He is avarage he got off copping other people styles waiting for them to die and then copying their ryhmes. I don´t see how anyone who even knows how to write can respect him. go on  

When will South African rappers/MC´s/Hip-hop fans ever learn that

JAY-Z is the SHIT.

I think Jay is actually hugely underrated, especially by the "UNDERGROUND" audience in this country. In the States i know for a fact, he has won over a lot of "UNDERGROUND" fans will albums like ,Reasonable Doubt, Vol 1. and the Blueprint.

Have u ever listened to these albums ? If not do yourself a favour and go listen to them right now, especially Reasonable Doubt. CLa**IC SHIT. Yeah i said it. CLa**IC. Ask anyone who knows something about Cla**ic albums, they will tell you.

The problem with Jay, is that he created the whole "bling-bling" ice rocking shit and he sold a lot of albums, and that´s why a lot of ya´ll don´t like him. Also most of his first singles are very radio-friendly.If you truly are a hip-hop fan, and you listen to lyrics and delivery, then there is no way u can say  what u said. This is coming from someone who has been listening to HARDCORE hip-hop for 15years.

TO KHOI :
Nigga, i respect u so much right now, it´s ridiculous. Thanks for Biggin up Jay, and for recognising skill.One LOVE kid.

Oh and by the way f*** AESOP ROCK and all that NERD RAP SHIT. Big ups to Jay-Z, Big Daddy Kane, KRS-ONE, Special ED, Ice Cube, Nas, Tupac, BlackStarr,Common, Biggie, Organized Konfusion, N.W.A, Schooly D, Bahamadia, etc,etc, for keeping your music relevant and real.

And by the way Jay ripped Nas in that battle they had. But that´s another thread.

Let me leave u with this jewel, 3 verses by Jay  from Dead Presidents :

Ahh, who wanna bet us that we don´t touch leathers
Stack cheddars forever, live treacherous all the et cetera
To the death of us, me and my confidants, we shine
You feel the ambiance, y´all niggaz just rhyme
By the ounce dough accumulates like snow
We don´t just shine, we illuminate the whole show; you feel me?
Factions from the other side would love to kill me
Spill three quarts of my blood into the street, let alone the heat
f*** em, they hate a nigga lovin this life
In all possible ways, know the Feds is buggin my life
Hospital days, reflectin when my man laid up
On the Uptown high block he got his side sprayed up
I saw his life slippin, this is a minor set back
Yo, still in all we livin, just dream about the get back
That made him smile though his eyes said, "Pray for me"
I´ll do you one better and slay these niggaz faithfully
Murder is a tough thing to digest, it´s a slow process
and I ain´t got nothin but time
I had near brushes, not to mention three shots
close range, never touched me, divine intervention
Can´t stop I, from drinkin Mai-Tai´s, with Ta Ta
Down in Nevada, ha ha, Poppa, word life
I dabbled in crazy weight without rap, I was crazy straight
Potnah, I´m still spendin money from eighty-eight... what?

Geyeah, know what? I´ll make..
you and your wack mans fold like bad hands
Roll like Monopoly, ad-vance you copy me
like white crystals, I gross the most
at the end of the fiscal year than these niggaz can wish to
The dead presidential, canidate
with the sprinkles and the presidental, ice that´ll offend you
In due time when crime fleas my mind
All sneak thieves and playa haters can shine
But until then I keep the trillion cut diamonds shinin brilliant
I´ll tell you half the story, the rest you fill it in
Long as the villian win
I spend Japan yen, attend major events
Catch me in the joints, convinced my iguanas is bitin
J-A-Y hyphen, controllin, manipulatin
I got a good life man, pounds and pence
Nuff dollars make sense, while you ride the bench
Catch me swinging for the fence
Dead Presidents, ya know

Uh-huh, yeah, uh-huh, so be it
The Soviet, The Unified Steady Flow
You already know, you light I´m heavy roll, heavy dough
Mic macheted your flow, your paper falls slow
like confetti, mines a steady grow, bet he glow
Pay five dead it from blow, better believe I have
eleven sixty to show, my doe flip like Tae-Kwon
Jay-Z The Icon, baby, you like Dom, maybe this Cristal´s
to change your life huh, roll with the winners
Heavy spenders like hit records: Roc-A-Fella
Don´t get it corrected this shit is perfected
from chips to chicks just drivin a Lexus
Make it without your gun, we takin everything you brung
We cake and you niggaz is fake and we gettin it done
Crime Family, well connected Jay-Z
And you fake thugs is Unplugged like MTV
I empty three, take your treasure, my pleasure
Dead presidentials, politics as usual
Bla-ouw!

[ This message was edited by: MrC on 27-01-2004 12:10 ]
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

CaptainScti

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Dude you can write 10 pages reply, ghostwrite a Jay-Z verse write his uelogy, his page in rap history. That guy remains avarage and negliable when you talk about rappers with who changed the game.
You can listen to 15 years of crap rap you know...      
ou work for me now

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
HEY DUDE

My 15 years of crap rap is better than your 2 years of Underground-scientifc-no-sense-making crap. I got 450 CD´s in my collection, 70% of them originals, how many do u have ?

How can u claim that
"That guy remains avarage and negliable when you talk about rappers with who changed the game" .

If he hasn´t changed the game then u has ? Obviously u didn´t read my 10 page reply, otherwise u wouldn´t have answered me with your 3 line reply. You didn´t come with nothing that disputed my facts. I´ll say it again, FACTS.That´s what i presented to u, and that´s all u can come up with for a reply ?

That´s what´s really wrong with this industry. All u CRACK BABIES , born in the mid-80´s are just f***in up the game. U think Aesop Rock is a lyrical GOD, have u ever heard of RAKIM, MC SHAN, KRS-ONE, BIZ MARKIE, ROXANNE SHANTE ?

They were all simple with theirs, but effective. That´s real hip-hop and let me tell u my friend, lyrically, Jay-Z fits that profile perfectly.

f*** IT, this game is so f***ed up now, i´m so close to calling it quits as a FAN.

"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Isis

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • http://nada
In no particular order

1. nas
2. wu
3. killa priest
4. jay z
5. eminem
6. dmx
7. biggie
8. pac
9. holacaust
10. big pun

biz-ark-human

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Corporate Nemesis on bandcamp
I´ve become numb to the rest of dat outernational material. Afrikan hip-hop, or rather more precisely, South Afrikan hip-hop. And in no particular order, i´ll go for the following (screw the number)....

Tumi
Zubz
Sudan
Hymphatic
Isaac Krook´d
Fungus the mutated...
That other cat 4m Cashless (´we soldiers not civilians/born and raised in the jungle´ on Blaze da Brakes)
*Common Sense
*Guru
The other short cat 4m BMP
Burni (that sista 4m godessa)

My mind is dry right now, will think up of some more.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I consider it my duty as a socially consciouss citizen to tell Mr C that he is a moron, and I do mean that in the nicest way possible. Saying f*** Aesop is a sign of ignorance. Just because his music isn´t happy and radio friendly, doesn´t mean he´s not nice. I demand you write him a letter of apology.

Ok, I suggest you listen to a little album called labour days. Have a listen to one song in particular, called No Regrets and tel me the man is not brilliant. I wont deny that Reasonable doubt is a nice album, but after that he fell off majorly. KRS and Mc Shan, now those are MC´s, and they provided one of the hottest battles in hip hop history, but placing Jay-z in the same category as these people is blasphemous and extremely stupid.

I´ll agree with you that Jigga has done alot  to change the game, unfortunately for the worse. He is one of the main reasons that hip hop is seen as a culture that disrespects women and promotes violence and other garbage like that.

I could also write a ten page reply, but I think i´ve said enough.

morph

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Nuff Said cats but for me in order

Big daddy kane
big L
lauryn hill
Bigg Juss
Krs One
Masta Ace
Blackstarr
Tumi
Outkast
Common

yo ten is not enough and it will take the whole day for me to decide who goes in or out

Special mention goes to the following
Biggie
Nas
Prime
Pharoah Monch
Killa priest
Canibus
LL Cool J
damn this is toomuch hella f*** it thats it
for now
..Insanity is coasting throught life in a miserable existance when you have a key to a lion locked inside

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Word to that...i swear jay-Z is soooooooooooooo underratted sounds ironic huh? but i promise you i feel we all blessed..well me in particular to have been alive through out this niggaz career..Jay-Z is a genius...

i cant really make a top 10..it varries daily
but some cats that mUST BE ON EVERYONES TOP 10

Krs, Rakim, Common, Biggie or Nas or jayz

personally i think the best MC..for me for reasons mentioned before..for making me see things differently..rza...this man made me more aware of my surrounding and introduced me to reading..back in ´93..so his spot at number one MC for is rather biased...

1)MF DOOM ..in my entire hip hop life..never has one man done what he has done this nigga just cant be stopped from dropping cla**ic line after line..to verse after verse ..to albumn after albumn..this man is truely amazing a living lyrical legend..more of a lyricist that MC to me..but hey we using the term MC loosly here

rza                                                                      m
common
krs
pharo
Ra
kool g
mos def
das efx
jay Z
biggie or nas

Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

CaptainScti

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Quote:

27-01-2004 at 13:57, Anonymous :
HEY DUDE

My 15 years of crap rap is better than your 2 years of Underground-scientifc-no-sense-making crap. I got 450 CD´s in my collection, 70% of them originals, how many do u have ?

How can u claim that
"That guy remains avarage and negliable when you talk about rappers with who changed the game" .

If he hasn´t changed the game then u has ? Obviously u didn´t read my 10 page reply, otherwise u wouldn´t have answered me with your 3 line reply. You didn´t come with nothing that disputed my facts. I´ll say it again, FACTS.That´s what i presented to u, and that´s all u can come up with for a reply ?

That´s what´s really wrong with this industry. All u CRACK BABIES , born in the mid-80´s are just f***in up the game. U think Aesop Rock is a lyrical GOD, have u ever heard of RAKIM, MC SHAN, KRS-ONE, BIZ MARKIE, ROXANNE SHANTE ?

They were all simple with theirs, but effective. That´s real hip-hop and let me tell u my friend, lyrically, Jay-Z fits that profile perfectly.

f*** IT, this game is so f***ed up now, i´m so close to calling it quits as a FAN.

Wowser cat did I fuk you in the a** and left without saying thank you.
I´m not going to get into it with you. 2 years? I listen underground scientic crap? I´m Aesop Rock groupie? That´s very special powers you have there sir. Quick tell everyone which hand is holding my nuts?
Using American terms like crack babies and asking if I know who KRS-one shows why I shouldn´t even bother but I will.

Fact1: You stated one fact and that fact doesn´t support you argument you said he first singles are radio friendly i.e dumbed down for radio.
Fact2: You said he started the bling bling era. No he just prospered during that era. Who started it I dunno but I´ll give to Biggie, Puffy and Mase before him.

I replied with fact one...
He got off copying other people styles.
It is a well known fact that he got his name from Jaz. Hung around Kane when Kane was hot. Before reasonable doubt he was rapping like the Fu-snickers (sp) then piggy banked on Biggie until he died.
Fact2: There is a page full of Biggie and other ryhymes he plagarised.

Next time you want to debate refrain from making stupid comments like calling some one crack baby.
I don´t think Aesop Rock is genious anything.  

ou work for me now

khoi

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • http://The Kraal
MrC, The sad thing is that all these Rap Activity Jam products think that having copied albums of cats that don’t get airplay makes you a real hip-hop head. And all of them brainwashed by untalented, unskilful, overrated f***s from J-Sec (quote me on that) into believing that scientific backpacker bullshit is hip-hop.

All these Rap Activity Jam products don’t think before they open their mouths (or type in this case) - all them say that Biggie is the GOAT and that Jigga f***ed the game with his bling-bling rap, question it wasn’t it Big who said “Money, hoes and clothes all a nigga knows” in that line he goes against the values you’ll cats are so stuck up on and that’s not the only line.  And the all say that MF Doom is real yet he also rap about wanting money, hell he even has a song called “Green Bags”. Then blame Jigga for f***ing the game up- you’ll cats is jealous

And Pyro hip-hop was fine up until Aesop Rock, Co Flow, Robber Room, Scienz Of Life and all that backpacker f***s came to play. Look how wack some of SA cats are. I haven’t and won’t listen to Aesop Rock- because there’s nothing worth hearing in his shit, the same goes for Rubber Room yeah bullshit like that.
;-)
wabulawayo Kraal we kill - only time will reveal

Just Dee

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/landmynz
mmm let me see...

Tupac
Common
Mos Def
Nas
Notorious B.I.G
KRS-one
Pharoah Monach
Killer Priest
Tumi... oh!! my
RZA

damn damn damn...too many mc´s to fit in a top ten...
I ain´t gonna say shyt, I know nothing about hip-hop :-]