Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Hip Hop is not for Africans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bondizzo

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • www.demcrackboys.com
Quote from: "MrC"
Bondizzo here's a question.

Is every little instrument you have in your beats played live and recorded ? Do you have a live drum sets, where you play each kick, snare, hi-hat, crash and record it ? Or do you use already packaged drumkits in your Software/Drumkit CD/Keyboard for your compositions ?

If you play everything live, including the drums, then good for you. If not, then your a sampler. Your using a sound already pre-packaged and played by another musician and including it in your song. End of Story.

well I get what you saying, but they not composers, they just samplers. Its time to get rid of these wack artists that are destroying hip hop, if you underground stay underground and don't come asking why you don't sell, why the mainstream doesn't like you, why you didn't win/get nominated for an award etc I know real heads cant comprehend that cause they the only ones making real hip hop, and thats why they stay really broke lol

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Real heads aren't broke because they are bad rappers, they are broke because they are bad businessmen.

Unless you have been outside SA, it is hard to comprehend how large the 'underground' (niche) hip hop market is in the rest of the world. we need to create that market in SA - and we will.

What would be a mistake however, is to believe that unless you make catchy 'commercial' music you will never eat. People who write off 'underground' music undermine the creative force that makes Hip Hop one of the most innovative forms of music in the world today.

Sibot (who produced Ben Sharpa's 'Hegemony' and is part of the Real Estate Agents) earns more money and international respect than possibly any other producer in SA - yet most purist heads here have never heard of him because they are too busy giving props to dudes that do pa**able impressions of Premier.

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive

Blac Satyr

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-8
  • Magnifiko
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Bondizzo"
lol I don't care if they performing, before you can even say they the best they need to make some hits dammit, I don't think they have any hits, prove me wrong

:roll:  Hip hop 2 me is not all 'bout Makin' Hits... it's 'about makin' a Statement/ Expression. Tumi & the vol aren't really focused on that2, well that's what I think. Cos I Believe their sound is eva lastin'. :idea:
Hits jus Cum & Go jus like LL says Money come & go.  

Quote from: "cash"
optical are trash!
they too one dimentional!

:?  I wish Optikal didn't hav 2 go Separate wayz, so that  Maybe. They wud hav a Battle wit Cash's Crew. Afta that, we can C what's the Real Def of Dope, Coke, Trash & C-c-c-cccCRrrrack... Damn! did I Stutter?
Ha! ha! ha!
Blac's V.day's R&B(Rhythm & Ba**) Reshuffled Mix:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3sdnz0

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
"Optical is trash". Ypu joking right? It's more like "Cash is Trash" or that "Crack is wack". kidding man!HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! But Optical is one of my favourite SA groups. tight beats, tight rhymes. Tongogara/Battle Kat is one of the best producers in the land. Golden Shovel and Geno are some of the country's top emcees. Golden Shovel is a battle emcee who can destroy any local emcee. Geno can spit and sing weell - his lyrics actually make sense. I think he complements shovel's raw style very well.

Make a track like Move it up first and then you can start thinking you can be as half as ill as them. Make beats like battleKat first or be half as nice with your beats, before I can take your production serioulsy.

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Bondizzo"

well I get what you saying, but they not composers, they just samplers. Its time to get rid of these wack artists that are destroying hip hop, if you underground stay underground and don't come asking why you don't sell, why the mainstream doesn't like you, why you didn't win/get nominated for an award etc I know real heads cant comprehend that cause they the only ones making real hip hop, and thats why they stay really broke lol

Dude im really trying to figure out where your mind is at, and i honestly just can't...
Hiphop, as said trillions of times before, was never an origional product. Its whole origin is based on the influences of genres that crossed all musical and cultural borders. I can even go as far as to say that sampling was the backbone of origional hip hop,in fact, it wouldnt be so blasphemous to say that it still is. Look, if you are so convinced that hip hop beats shouldnt use samples why dont you just move over to a genre that does that like house or electronic music. Because your argument really has no ground to stand on besides a personal opinion. And if you really are the dopest raw cut producer out in SA, then big ups and continue doing what you do. But just leave the whole he who samples against he who doesnt sample stories alone, they are just too tired to even hold any weight.
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Dplanet"
yet most purist heads here have never heard of him because they are too busy giving props to dudes that do pa**able impressions of Premier.

Thats exactly whats up. Mind states need to change in this country or we will never move forward. You will just end up making music for your friends, who really dont need to hear any more of you. Then we have the local media, magazines and radio stations that just keeps regurgitating stories and music from artists that we all already know about. The game here is so tired! Its not even worth arguing and complaining about.
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Quote from: "Dplanet"
Sibot (who produced Ben Sharpa's 'Hegemony' and is part of the Real Estate Agents) earns more money and international respect than possibly any other producer in SA - yet most purist heads here have never heard of him because they are too busy giving props to dudes that do pa**able impressions of Premier.

Sibot is tight. As Jay said he's "focussed man".

Without getting into the whole "which label is the tightest argument," mentioning Sibot brings up African Dope Records in my mind. I think that label was a blue-print of how possible it is to stop complaining and take onwership and charge of your career in music. Just do it mentality. And though they were not popular in the "S.A mainstream", the markets they've created especially in Europe for their Dj.s is inspiring.
Like D is sayin, the "underground" following is a huge market. It's the "handling business-side of things that's killing hip hop artists.

Bondizzo

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • www.demcrackboys.com
Quote from: "TNG"
Bondizzo are u by any chance the producer they call Beatmaker ?

nope thats not me, I'm not trying to put samplers against composers or anythings if you read my previous posts,  yes  I know hip hop was made from sampling different genres and it will continue to do so

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
yeah,,, the sample debate is a non-starter.

i don't care if you jack a whole beat and add vocals to it - if it's hot, it's hot.

sampling is just a tool. you can use it well, or use it badly.

there's plenty of totally 'original' compositions that are garbage. there's cla**ic tracks that use samples.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
:D yo MR C, that track is called Capital O! hahahaha!!! u dont even know they tracks man! they aint HITS!

I already mentioned that in my other post dude. Read before you Reply.

Golden Shovel gets props from niggas like u!heads only!
aint nobody outside of the fraternity that even KNOWS the nigga!

Golden Shovel gets props from everybody who is devoting to hip-hop and lives this shit to the fullest and knows what it's about in the first place.Not 6-year old high school bitches who just jumped on the bandwagon cos listening to hip-hop is the latest cool thing to do.

and wake up man! RAGE is DYIN man! the only STAR they had was PROVERB! he said f*** EM! :D zubz is garbage! optical naaa.....h2O washed up! ummmm! what makes them the hottest label boss? am i missing sumthin here! :?

Zubz being Garbage is an opinion only you seem to have. Everybody else i know is in agreement that Headphone Music in a Parallel World *please don't twist the title again :D  :D  :D * , is a masterpiece and a step in the right direction for SA hip-hop. Check out your man's DPlanet review in Hype Magazine.

Proverb left, so what ? He was looking for a better deal. Good for him for handling his business. But hey, he still works for them.

They produce Street Journal and Head Rush for TV. DYIN ???? Far from it Kid. They've been releasing consitently good music for the last 5-7 years. 3-4 CD's a year. Which other label has been at the fore-front of hip-hop besides them and African Dope Records ???? What Gallo ???? Nigga Please. I know you cats are ambitious, so maybe you'll overtake them, who knows, but they've put in their work, and for that i give them props. And just cos they ain't ballin doesn't mean their company aint making money. Not everybody is concerned with poppin Moet and ice-out wrists. Some people do have sense and save their money away for rainy days. Ever heard of property investments ???

Ever heard of a girl currently causing waves called Nthabi ?????? I wonder what label she is signed to ?????  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

wheres their PLATS,AWARDS,HUMMERS,naaaaa!!!! they aint poppin!
a label MUST have some TANGIBLE achievements in a certain timeframe!

The problem with u is that you measure the quality of someone's music by how much money they make. Hip-Hop is not a big seller in SA and you guys are kidding yourself if you think you gonna drive Hummer's and shit from your record sales. Maybe from your other hustles yeah, but from your record sales ???? nah kid. Won't happen.

Your reasons for knocking down Rage/Optical Ill,etc are that you think you gonna do better than they did. Cool. But don't put down other people's hard work  cos it doesn't measure up to your standards. So what if they haven't had much commercial success ? They still go through blood,sweat and tears like everybody else in this business and they still here.

Here's a couple of quotes for you Mr. Cash Money

1. Our greatest glory is not in never failing,but in rising up every time we fail.
2. It is hard to fail,but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Think about that before you try to knock down other peoples achievements.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "TNG"
mentioning Sibot brings up African Dope Records in my mind. I think that label was a blue-print of how possible it is to stop complaining and take onwership and charge of your career in music. Just do it mentality. And though they were not popular in the "S.A mainstream", the markets they've created especially in Europe for their Dj.s is inspiring.

That's why Pioneer Unit is working with African Dope to release Planetary a**ault  8)

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Yeah Sibot is dope, but sometimes him and Mr. WormStorm get a bit too much. That Real Estate Agents shit sometimes just goes above my head.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "MrC"
Yeah Sibot is dope, but sometimes him and Mr. WormStorm get a bit too much. That Real Estate Agents shit sometimes just goes above my head.

For sure,, I'm not trying to say that Sibot is the only blueprint for the way forward, I'm just constantly amazed that he is never mentioned when there is talk of who is the best producer in SA.

He's one of the very few producers from SA that gets international props and packs shows locally, not to mention makes good money from commercial production (tv ads etc).

He's one of the few truly innovative producers in SA. Anyway,,, I'mma get off his dick now, hhahaha  :lol:

Saskia

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Cash,
Just a question. Why is it that you never talk about the quality of music but rather the financial status of the artist?

Good for you for getting your hustle on, but truly speaking, you're music aint cla**ical for shit.
Groups like Optical will still be remembered in a few years time as one of those groups that made their mark in Hip Hop. Groups like yours, on the other hand, will frizzle out once the hype about you has died. A hype only you & your mates seem to be believing in :roll: .

Optical may not have released thousands of albums, but people still love them no matter which joints they do. I haven't heard anyone go wild over your shit or sample you in anyway.

Point is. If you're only doing Hip Hop to floss to your friends and not make good music, your career will die out very quickly.
quot;Life's a bitch and drugs don't work!"