Africasgateway.com

Is Snazz D the illest MC in africa???

illmas · 156 · 65440

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
Just got sent the track, check ya pm in 5 minutes...

Please share with the rest of us......and that dj jimmy jatt stylee track if ya'll hav it..please!!!

Kini big deal - Naeto C

LINK REMOVED/?sharekey=0422aac27ac19872d2db6fb9a8902bda

stylee - dj jimmy jatt feat. mode 9

« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 08:30:10 AM by I.Q. »
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
Cos the track really sucks!!!
and i say this as a Snazz Fan!
The video didnt help either! it was terrible! NO SPINS FO DAT WHACKNESS!
 ;D
But yo if anyone got Snazz hook ups let me know so we can get it Crackin in studio n make his BIGGEST hit of his career!

Wow! that would be a great collabo, coming to think of it Snazz D and Cash = Pure Magic

I think it wud work! il give dude a beat with BOUNCE! a hook like WHOA! n he'll body the 16's!

Its more like a Game and 50( lol @ the Diddy and Papoose) dont forget Diddy and Notorious was one of the greatest teams in HISTORY! dont underestimate Diddy!
@cash_sog

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
  • www.roachinc.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
lol which one is diddy?

;D ;D :D :D :D "cash - take that take that take that", LOL, aaaahhhh mayn, ofcourse cash b diddy nucca
N'veigh's Album ,titled 7.30, dropping on 7.30

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpeeweeproductionz

Please share with the rest of us......and that dj jimmy jatt stylee track if ya'll hav it..please!!!

Kini big deal - Naeto C

I really feel Naeto C and Ikechukwu.... i think Ikechukwu is one of the most slept on emcees on the continent.. dude can flip it so many ways its crazy!!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

Kini big deal - Naeto C

I really feel Naeto C and Ikechukwu.... i think Ikechukwu is one of the most slept on emcees on the continent.. dude can flip it so many ways its crazy!!

i laugh every time i see him - he's crazy wack! that first video where he looked like DMX on crack with the squeeky voice was just too funny.

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
  • www.roachinc.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc

Kini big deal - Naeto C

i laugh every time i see him - he's crazy wack! that first video where he looked like DMX on crack with the squeeky voice was just too funny.

funny ho his manerism was so DMX also at the y interview. cats were like if u seel less than 2million copies uve failed in nigeria, i ws like whaaaat?
N'veigh's Album ,titled 7.30, dropping on 7.30

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

Kini big deal - Naeto C

real talk...this is really some dope ish mayne! dudes are slept on for real.

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

Kini big deal - Naeto C

to each his own i guess

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

Kini big deal - Naeto C

to each his own i guess

he's entertaining - i'll give him that.

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
Guess he does try to ride the dmx thing and that first vid was wack no doubt..

but he brought it i think on this track, and dude is versatile to me!! and he really brings it.. guess some peeps just dont feel the west african flow... coz i  have heard some people say modenine is wack..and im like whaaat/????

hera are a few Ike joints where he killed it!!
Naija Boy (I think this must be the most common title in nigeria)

Harlem Baby (beat is bananaz)

@ Buff.. funny u say that coz i read in hype... modenine said he moves like 20k easy off his mixtapes!!!  I was like nigga what???? anyways them dudes got a big a** market anyways!!

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
yeah i checked that naija boy joint peewee, its ok. i do feel people are sleeping on naija hip hop.
they dope cos they do them. pijin engish and native dialect infused in their raps. its funny when local emcees get bashed for not being origional or not incorporating south african elements into their sound, but this is exactly what the nigerian scene is about and has been about. music for the people, in a dialect that they understand and relate to. i think its dope what they are doing, and they are making huge waves everywhere. and slowly but surely west africans are slowly making waves in the states too. regardless of whether some people find them whack or not.

i think naija is way ahead of SA in hip hop, in a couple aspects. shows pull real crowds and real money. granted, cd's may be sold cheap, but they move huge numbers. i could almost go as far as to say that if south african hip hop cd prices where to be cut by about 50%, it really wouldnt do much for sales. (my opinion)
why?? cos even though they may be solid products as far as content is concerned, the market seems to have shifted away from that just good content. selling music isnt all about content any more. its about swag and appeal. i would like to challenge anyone to put an SA top 10 list of rappers that fit that bill.
but hey, its just my opinion.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
yeah i checked that naija boy joint peewee, its ok. i do feel people are sleeping on naija hip hop.
they dope cos they do them. pijin engish and native dialect infused in their raps. its funny when local emcees get bashed for not being origional or not incorporating south african elements into their sound, but this is exactly what the nigerian scene is about and has been about. music for the people, in a dialect that they understand and relate to. i think its dope what they are doing, and they are making huge waves everywhere. and slowly but surely west africans are slowly making waves in the states too. regardless of whether some people find them whack or not.

i think naija is way ahead of SA in hip hop, in a couple aspects. shows pull real crowds and real money. granted, cd's may be sold cheap, but they move huge numbers. i could almost go as far as to say that if south african hip hop cd prices where to be cut by about 50%, it really wouldnt do much for sales. (my opinion)
why?? cos even though they may be solid products as far as content is concerned, the market seems to have shifted away from that just good content. selling music isnt all about content any more. its about swag and appeal. i would like to challenge anyone to put an SA top 10 list of rappers that fit that bill.

Are we blindly accepting that these Naija emcees sell 100,000 units? Is there any way to prove that? Do they have Soundscan or something similar? I'm not saying they don't move units, but talk is cheap. Flooding Channel O with videos doesn't mean cats are getting paid.

Again, how do you know that Naija emcees pull 'real crowds and real money'?

Which Naija artists are 'making waves' in the States and 'everywhere'?

Every artist needs to have confidence ('swag') and 'appeal' whether they are making good music or pop. Being about nothing more than swag is sad though. That's not music, that's some Paris Hilton shit.

No country really came off that well in the Emcee Battle Africa thing, but the Nigerian round was particularly bad.

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile

Are we blindly accepting that these Naija emcees sell 100,000 units? Is there any way to prove that? Do they have Soundscan or something similar? I'm not saying they don't move units, but talk is cheap. Flooding Channel O with videos doesn't mean cats are getting paid.

Every artist needs to have confidence ('swag') and 'appeal' whether they are making good music or pop. Being about nothing more than swag is sad though. That's not music, that's some Paris Hilton shit.

No country really came off that well in the Emcee Battle Africa thing, but the Nigerian round was particularly bad.

I guess the units thing is all heresay but its plausible.. i heard jimmy jatt saying that they all make their cds at bootleg prices at makes it possible... i mean 2 face idibia went platinum and so did p-square... so whats to stop these cats selling over 100k... furthermore, i am yet to here anyone saying that they havent sold the figures they are saying...

http://www.africasgateway.com/forums/index.php?topic=22014.0

In my opinion dudes in SA are more about SwaG than naija cats, in the sense that they profess their swag in the majority of their rhymes....

No disrespect to Snazz but i still think Teeto had him in that semi-final round...

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

nobody mentioned that having video's on channel-o equated to having money so i dont know where you got that from.
i particularly mentioned west african artists doing well in the US. not nigeria, if you werent in such a rush to respond you would probably have picked that up. Ever watched videos of live hip hop/ hip life performances in naija? these dudes, pack stadiums. i'll try up one soon, if i get a chance to. you guys seem content with packing tiny club venues with poor sound. and even then, still struggle to fill up the joint.
im not going to knock your hustle dplanet, because its clear that you had a goal from the onset, and you have been consistant and patient enough to see you plans through and are now bearing the fruits of your labour.

it is not my intention to come on hear and force my opinion on anyone, but i hold firm to the fact that naija is ahead of sa as far as hip hop is concerned. i havent been sent here as their emba**ador cos im origionally from ghana lol, but i was just someone who picked up on a thread and dropped an opinion.

the hip hop africa thing was a waste of time. i purposefully didnt comment on that thread so that i didnt hurt anyones feelings. there were people saying that snazz was hot and what not, but i believe everyone sucked. sure, some worse than others, but snazz sucked too. i guess its a good thing that none of us were judges there

« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 12:55:55 PM by I.Q. »