Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Part-time Rappers/Mcees

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
I hear a member of Hidden Force is a police officer,maybe hes the one that put the "force" in Hidden Force.

Naaah! niggaz this aint UNISA 8O

Most of artists here in SA have day Jobs. Which means the standard will never be as high because they did not have their hearts set on this thing from the very 0utset. its kind of a hobbie. No-one will ever put their outmost best to this thang.

And i for One, as a consumer, am not going to run and buy something which was half-heartedly done. That's just the sad reality of the SA seen.
I wish thangs change for the better_ coz that's the only way we moving forward.

the brand®

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +0/-14
  • PAINT (25-03-11)
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/childakapoet
you cats dont wanna pay for shows
promoters always tryana make a nigga spit for the love
no body is payin cats............

dats the reality.......
so no tours jus extra hrs at work

hiphop dont pay

ritual hosted a free event we came in the thousands
but if cats had to pay i swear they were jus gonna stand outside and shit

no one got paid

so yeah get thjat day job

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Of course we have day jobs. Hell, I've got two. Rap don't pay.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
Quote from: "rob_one"
Of course we have day jobs. Hell, I've got two. Rap don't pay.

Real Talk!!!
All you other fools are deluded :!:
Beating bitches since 1982.

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
I would actually like to know if any local artist signed or unsigned can honestly say that he can eat well enough off album sales alone.
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
rap dont pay enough!
get ya hustle on niggas!!!!!!

real talk!!!!
respect to all the cats wit jobs.
they better off than these signed artists who always broke as f*** and slaves to the label
@cash_sog

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
Quote from: "cash"
rap dont pay enough!
get ya hustle on niggas!!!!!!

real talk!!!!
respect to all the cats wit jobs.
they better off than these signed artists who always broke as f*** and slaves to the label

^^^ WOrd
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

Abominable Sandman

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
the only reason that rap dont pay enough is coz  people are too lazy to ensure that there ish gets out there and dnt really go out of there way to make sure that its selling. plus its also abt quality you cant sell crap for a high price and buisness ethics.To many people are quite to give up on school and end up getting screwed in the end. street hustling alone just doesnt work... the industry is booming but so is the lazyness and street mentality not that its bad but every ying needs a tyang to balance it out imagine if zola had a PhD.
 little sum sum like that

kingdavid

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
  • Hello Hater
    • View Profile
    • www.soundclick.com/viavalehustleproductions
to tell the truth street shit pays.
depending on what you mean by street shit.
im not making a lot from my mixtape, simply beacause rustenburg is a small city.
but i got a list of other hustles that i make moolah from.

it goes back to if you gonna be a street hustler do not limit youself to one city or you gonna have 10 mixtape/albums and nobody know you outside of ya region.

nemesis republik+

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Well! I realise this 2000 when I was a fulltime rapper, but broke as f***. Therefore in 2001, I went back to school and in 2004 I got my diploma. Now I hardly ever rap. But my hustle is on point though, me Biz-Ark-Human been relentless in changing peoples perception of hip hop artist and music. ......Architecture pays the bills
ww.myspace.com/fair0

sips

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
Its plain and simple! i aint heard flawless ish that made me wanna cop a cd with ma last 100 clip.
S.A music don sell. U think them niggaz suffering in the hood think about buying music when they starving?
Anyway most urban music is directed to us the youth. But when you look at the comparison. Older folks hear that their favourite artist is out.. they go out and cop that ish_ they don't wait to hear no single_ know why? because they love their artist and don giv a ish about hit singles or not.
And because they have the buying power.

The youth... make up excuses! we don't support local ish. thats why niggaz got day jobs. Peeps gotta pay the bills. Music is entertainment to most. We say we do it for love.. That's wack to me..
Unless your stomach is filled and living large. Tell me then! that you doing it for the love.

no offence to anyone yo! its the truth. Stuff will sell when its tight and when we are willing to buy ish.
We keep saying we not going anywhere in S.A music! How can we? When we take a step talk about it! _ then take two back!
Itz time to stop the talk and do some action yo'll!
quot;A positive anything is better than a negative nothing"

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Cats need to get their hustle on. if you want to release a professional product that people will actually pay money for, you need to invest. there is no way around this. everything costs - mixing/ mastering, CD manufacturing, professional photography, cover design, PR etc.

If you have no money, you need to figure out how you're gonna get some - if you can't overcome this hurdle you probably aren't cut out to make your business work. Whether you sell weed or work a 9-5 and save your money it doesn't matter, but you need to have a plan in place.

One thing that is important to remember is that no one is gonna help you out. You need to make it happen for yourself. Once you get the ball rolling and create confidence in your professionalism and your product you'll find that all kinds of doors start opening that were shut before.

Cats complain about not being able to make money from music but they don't even do the basics. You MUST do the paperwork, register the tracks, set up a CC, open a bank account, write press releases and sort out distribution (both digital and physical). In other words, you need to take control of your business.

There's also money to be made in licensing tracks (for film, adverts, documentaries, compilations) - I just licensed a track for a film today. If your track gets used as theme music in a US show you can make $20k. It's not impossible. Think about that.  

When you start treating it as a business (which is what it is) it focuses you and makes you take everything more seriously. When you have your own money riding on something it changes your decision-making process and motivates you like nothing else.

syc

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile

And i for One, as a consumer, am not going to run and buy something which was half-heartedly done. That's just the sad reality of the SA seen.
I wish thangs change for the better_ coz that's the only way we moving forward.

you got it twisted the wrong way. kats be slaving 9-5, andd instead of goin out and having an awesome time when they off from work. their love and dedication is applied to a form of music which pays very little dividends in terms of respect and money.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
D planet-thats the real shit right there!
niggas is dumb! thats why they aint sellin!
i make paper on a weekly basis from hiphop!
i jus finished mastering L.I's shit(from Lousy Living) and guess what! im PAID!
i was recordin with a whole bunch o niggas this week charging per hour and guess what! im PAID!
we on the charts and radio since feb-march and guess what, IM PAID BITCH!
we sellin that CRACK to anybody even slightly interested! force a nigga to cop ya ish! and guess what! U"LL BE PAID! LIKE ME!
NSA(the clothing label) we got mad cats already rockin the Tee's! COPPIN IT! we movin into hoodies now! HT customs-our customised KICKS division is in full force! and guess what!!!! IM f***IN PAID IN FULL BIATCH!

but yo! ITS NOT ENOUGH! like i said! so cats with 9-5's - thats a good move! jay-z got a 9-5 nigga! matter fact, most rappers in the US got day jobs(businesses,clothing lines,ACTING careers,gangbangin(hahahha),sellin drugs) so its no shame in that! ur in a way better position than dudes who signed to labels but cant pay they light bills(i wont say no names :D )!!!! these FAMOUS cats cant even go to a dealership n get a flippin car man! they cant even cop a house! :D  I CAN! cos i got a flexible J.O.B that allows me to spend most my time in my studio,doin shows,promotin that crack, gettin on AG to annoy the shit outta pussy a** niggas, get money, ball outrageous and handle my street hustles too!

the only problem is nuccas who wastin they time rappin when they jus f***in whack! they shud jus dtick to they weak a** day jobs!!!!!
some o these industry niggas must retire too! go for training at PickNPay n pack boxes bitch! :D be all u can be! a manager at PEP or somethin! :D

i also hate them f***s who do this rap shit for yrs,never make no paper cos they SUCK :o  n still keep frontin like its all good when MOMMY fittin they bill and the punks is 30yrs old n shit! :lol: i hate that shit! them niggas always got too much to say when a nigga like me show them how its sposed to be done!

the problem with the industry is that as SOUTH AFRICANS we dont SUPPORT SHIT! unless we PERCIEVE IT AS OF GOOD QUALITY
theres like two albums in 06-07 that were GOOD QUALITY - Proverbs joint! and hmmm? NOBODY!!!!!! :lol: everybody elses was either
OK - ie.still not worthy of a average joe to COP!(tumi's joint,a whole lot of mixtapes out)
or f***ING WHACK!!!!!! -ie. if u copped it, uz a dumb maf***er for real(selwyn,DNA,zubz,jubjub etc. jus garbage!!!!!!!)

so yeah! WE NEED MORE GOOD QUALITY JOINTS for the extremely demanding hiphop market in SA! bottom line!

step ya game up n double the f*** up!
if u know ya shit is OK or WHACK! push it back till u got a GOOD QUALITY product! im tired of niggas releasin every f***in week when its obvoiuos its not gone move no units! like D said! the basics aint right!
@cash_sog

Bondizzo

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • www.demcrackboys.com
just bought my first hype mag, the mag is good but that cd was disappointing, how can they call it bangaville when none of those beats are banging, its sounds like hip hop from 10 years ago, those producers got nothing on me :)