Dpleezy · 28 · 7453

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Get ready for the Planetary a**ault!!

Hip Hop ain't dead, but the revolution starts now.

25-06-07: As of 16:00 CAT- One of African hip hop's most eagerly anticipated releases is unleashed on the urban music landscape; Planetary a**ault smashes its way into the global hip hop music scene with 21 blazing tracks, bringing fire straight from the streets eKasi, the dusty ghetto vlaktes and the grimiest clubs in Cape Town.

Africa is the birthplace of rhythm. Through the songs of slaves, that rhythm found its way to the Caribbean where it evolved into what we now recognize in the forms of reggae music and dancehall reggae. From there it travelled to the US where it naturalized into hip hop. Soon after, it spread out around the world and right back to Africa, constantly evolving and mutating on its way. Planetary a**ault represents one completed circle in hip hop's journey. By refusing to walk the well-trodden paths taken by so many others in the game, Planetary a**ault keeps that journey alive by creating African hip hop that continues to blaze trails around the world.

Planetary a**ault is the first major release from Cape Town-based independent label Pioneer Unit. The label's unique sound reflects the many influences that have shaped the course of hip hop today. Listen closely and you will hear everything from cla**ic boom bap, to dancehall reggae and dub to electro, Detroit techno and UK Grime. All these influences are brought together to form an epic journey into the future of South African hip hop.

The 21-track project was produced by label founder Dplanet (a hip hop veteran of more than 20 years and a pioneering name behind cla**ic material by such SA urban music legends as Pro Kid, Ben Sharpa, Trusenz & Middle Finga). It features a total of 19 different MCs spitting in a combination of six of South Africa's eleven official languages. The artists featured on the project smashed down cultural, language and political barriers, as well as inter-crew rivalry, to come together and bring this vision to life.

Besides Ben Sharpa, Middle Finga and KONFAB, Planetary a**ault is made complete by the inclusion of the unquestionable vocal skillz of Rattex, Jaak, Oracle Flo, Driemanskap, Macho, Terror MC, Purple Simba, Shyam, Rato, T.O.P., Trusenz, Cozi G and the Archetypes.

Planetary a**ault is not just aiming locally either. After hearing pre-release copies of Planetary a**ault, influential cult British radio personality Mary Anne Hobbs was moved to state that Ben Sharpa and KONFAB are "two of the most inspired and agile lyricists in the world today." Planetary a**ault dub plates have featured regularly on her legendary 'Experimental' show on BBC Radio 1 since the start of 2007, creating big international buzz around the project's imminent release. The album is also marketed and distributed globally in a number of digital formats thru dig.it.all solutions in Cape Town.

Planetary a**ault is released locally in a**ociation with cult Cape Town independent label African Dope Records and distributed nationally by Soul Candi distribution.  For the heads, limited copies of the album have been made exclusively available to buy at the African Dope online shop (http://shop.africandope.co.za) and Mabu Vinyl (Rheede Street, Cape Town), or listen & buy tracks off the album at the great South African music portal that is Rhythm Records! http://www.rhythmrecords.co.za/store/viewAlbum.asp?idAlbum=372

The album will be launched proper at a star-studded event in Cape Town on the 25th of July at the Bang Bang Club. (Watch the press for detailz!)

For a taste of what's to come, a different free mp3 single will be made available each week leading up to the main launch event on the 25th of July. The first free track 'Go and Ask' (Hamb'ubuza) by Driemanskap featuring Macho is available as of today at www.cnet.download.com and www.podshow.com.

Make friends with them at http://www.myspace.com/pioneerunit

Visit www.pioneerunit.com for behind the scenes and frequent updates.

--------------------------------------------------------$$$-----------------------------------------------------------

Note to media: for more information, artist biogs, audio samples and other press opportunities, please contact Plus 1 Media Productions. E-mail: monsoon@p1mp.co.za. Call +27 (21) 426-1623.

For label information, please contact Pioneer Unit. E-mail: dplanet001@gmail.com. Call 083 658-8921.

For national distribution enquiries, please contact Soul Candi. E-mail leyton@soulcandidistribution.co.za Call (011) 880-5662

For global distribution and marketing enquiries, please contact dig.it.all music solutions.

E-mail: dig@itall.co.za.

Join the Pioneer Unit Facebook group! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2406867964

faaibop

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
DID THIS ALBUM COVER HAVE TO BE THIS EXPLICIT...

DOES DAMIAN KNOW WHAT TYPE OF MESSAGE THIS SENDS TO REVOLUTIONARIES LIKE MYSELF..??
.the most insidious emcee on the block
blowin' up the spot.. pa** the mic and watch me rock" - MR. DEVIOUS

Bondizzo

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • www.demcrackboys.com
If it wasn't for him they'd be no where so what the hell you talking about

faaibop

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
that's like saying if it wasn't for Jan Van Riebeeck there would be no Cape Town..

when u say they'd be nowehere.. WHERE exactly are they now???

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "faaibop"
DID THIS ALBUM COVER HAVE TO BE THIS EXPLICIT...

DOES DAMIAN KNOW WHAT TYPE OF MESSAGE THIS SENDS TO REVOLUTIONARIES LIKE MYSELF..??

what message does it send to you?

faaibop

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
that darkies cannot lead themselves. they have to be led.
further, a line taken for the movie Spartacus: "Africans are not known for their srategic thinking, Hanibal being the exception?"...

i feel the creativity, but to the revolutionary mind this abum cover is mad ambiguous..

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
when u say they'd be nowehere.. WHERE exactly are they now???

hold on,,, before we go too far down this road, i'm not trying to say these artists would be nowhere without me.

however, i am giving them a platform; studio time, beats, mixing/mastering, international + countrywide physical distribution, international digital distribution, marketing, PR, networking, videos etc.

it's a mutually beneficial relationship.

faaibop

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
i feel that too Damian...
i was referring to Bondizzo's statement that they would be nowehere without you... now that i did not feel at all...

like i said.. the album cover is too explicit..

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
i hear what you are saying... but i can't help the colour of my skin.

are you suggesting i hide in the background of my own project in case i send out the wrong message?

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Dplanet"

are you suggesting i hide in the background of my own project in case i send out the wrong message?
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

faaibop

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
it's not about a white guy actually being IN the picture...
it's about the white guy being the only one in the picture capable of strategising.. and what that says about darkies...  

and i'm not suggesting anything...
i'm just speaking from a communications point of view...

Will Smith, in the movie Hitch says: 90% OF WHAT YOU'RE SAYIN".. AIN'T COMIN' OUTTA YO MOUTH..

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
it's not about a white guy actually being IN the picture...
it's about the white guy being the only one in the picture capable of strategising.. and what that says about darkies...  

and i'm not suggesting anything...
i'm just speaking from a communications point of view...

Will Smith, in the movie Hitch says: 90% OF WHAT YOU'RE SAYIN".. AIN'T COMIN' OUTTA YO MOUTH..

i understand what you're saying, but i don't see how the photo implies that black people are incapable of strategising. the rappers are standing at the map with me, making their own suggestions and taking part in the plotting.

i'm just in the middle because it's my shit and i'm an egomaniac,,, er, i mean, i'm pushing myself as a brand ;)

King Ming

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
@ Planet
I dont like the cover! man, but a lot of the black boys are gonna buy this one son dont sweat it
img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa164/illmas50/43_pics_723121.jpg[/img]

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Sounds like attention seeking. If anything the whitey is lookin like he's saying "ohhh," While Ben Sharpa directs everyone to the objective of "taking over Cali". Which begs a question as to why is he in England? Is it coz black people lack focus?