· 29 · 6859

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
Quote:

06-04-2004 at 15:07, Anonymous :
1 last question. Im a newbie so shoud´nt I rather go for a sequencer like FL Studio 4.5 than try and tackle an expensive/complicated peice of software like Steinberg Studio Case (in any case Im gonna be sampling so I probally wont need those vsti´s anyway right?) What do you guys think

As a Zen  Patriarch once observed, "the answer is to be found at the same place as the question."
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
Quote:

07-04-2004 at 09:42, fahfee :

As a Zen  Patriarch once observed, "the answer is to be found at the same place as the question."

lol
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

Anonymous

Your looking at spending an extremely large amount of money if you´re getting all your software legit and a keyboard.

I´d recommend getting FL4 and a simple Step Sequencer and if you really want it get a keyboard! Try it out for a couple of months and as you begin to understand the practical use of all these features and your beats become more complex, then you can go out and invest thousands of rands in equipment and software.

The worst thing would be for you to get all these things just because "the super sayan producer" uses them, I´m sure the gret Nyambza didnt start off with a thousand rand studio.

Start off small and add whatever you need instead of going large and having software and/or hardware laying in waste.

Silent the Quiet Warcry

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
lol!!
Never told him to buy all the tings i mentioned!!

The Only thing i use for beats on the regular is my "Sampler" and acid 4!!

Although i´d love to get my hands on an mpc by the end of the year.......
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

Anonymous

Wzup, now I finally decided that my list is going to be like this: FL Studio, Adobe Audition,a cheap midi keyboard, some good direct drive turtables.
Could someone please tell me the price of their turntables, I know Nyambz uses Gemini so how much were they.
Peace

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
Quote:

09-04-2004 at 10:09, Anonymous :
I know Nyambz uses Gemini so how much were they.
Peace

lol,Word??

Could´ve sworn i had Stanton´s :-? !!

Nah i got Stantons ST8-150´s
i got em for about 7 Grand!!

If u´r just sampling try get a deck from cash converters or sumthing for like a 100 bones

Anonymous

Whats the cheepest decks from "Technic"

Anonymous

The Great Silence uses Gemini!! 8-) , I´ve got a pair of XL-300´s

Don´t sleep on Belt Drives though, use whatever you can get your hands on, if your sampling it doesnt matter at all! if your scratching and mixing it makes a huge difference (skipping needles, unstable platter and such) but it teaches you a wealth of little tricks (for stability, skipping) that will make you even iller when you do eventually have R5000 (Yes 5 THOUSAND) for 1 technics turntable. Or R14 000 thousand for 2 turntables a mixer and an amp!!

I got Reason this weekend, I´ll never buy a peice of hardware again!! :-]

f*** Money!! (I´m broke)

by the way what is Adobe Audition??

yours truly Silent warcry

Anonymous

Wzup Silence, maybe I should rather go for the first thing I get my hands on coz Im only sampling. Tell me if you make progress with Reason, the reason why I dont like it is coz its a closed system, no vst/dxi support. Although I do think its got good synth quality especially Malstrom, and the others ar´nt that bad either. Adobe Audition is just a new name for Cool Edit Pro, coz it was taken over by Adobe. Iv got 1 more question for Nyambz, does beat slicer application thats offered as an extra (for a price) on FL´s Website do the same thing as Recycle does?
Peace (from the guy who started this forum)

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
Not entirely!! well um... i´m not sure , ask Milkdaddy! i´m not to familiar with fruity

kingdavid

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
  • Hello Hater
    • View Profile
    • www.soundclick.com/viavalehustleproductions

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Quote:

12-04-2004 at 13:32, Anonymous :
Iv got 1 more question for Nyambz, does beat slicer application thats offered as an extra (for a price) on FL´s Website do the same thing as Recycle does?
Peace (from the guy who started this forum)

Yes it does do the same thing as Recycle, but if you´ve got Recycle, i suggest u  stick with it. The Beat Slicer takes your sample and cuts it up into different notes of different lenghts on the piano roll.

It offers only 4 levels of sensitivity,rough,low,medium and high,and recycle has no limits to how u can chop a sample.

FL Studio 4, comes with Fruity Slicer integrated so u don´t have to buy it as an extra.

One,

"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon