Africasgateway.com

Interscope Blues

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/156.../50_cent.jhtml

50 Cent erupted at the G-Unit offices in New York Thursday night (August 9) after his collaboration with Robin Thicke leaked in both song and video form, a source tells MTV News.

On Thursday morning, G-Unit Records unveiled a new song from 50's September 11 LP, Curtis: a neighborhood knocker named "We on Some Sh--" that features Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo. But by nightfall, mayhem apparently ensued when not only another Curtis song leaked online — "Follow My Lead," his collaboration with Robin Thicke — but its accompanying video as well.

According to the source, "Follow My Lead" wasn't supposed to be released until further down the line in Curtis' run, especially since 50 has videos for "I Get Money" and "Ayo Technology" already in rotation (see "50 Cent Suits Up For 'Ayo Technology' Clip With Justin Timberlake, Timbaland").

Needless to say, 50 didn't take the news too kindly, causing quite a stir at the G-Unit offices, according to the source and MissInfo.TV, the in-the-know radio personality/journalist. 50 reportedly erupted, ripping out a plasma TV, throwing his cell phone through a gla** window and saying that he was going on vacation.

Reps for Interscope Records, which G-Unit Records is a subsidiary of, were unable to be reached at press time. The New York Police Department said it had not been contacted about the incident.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/156.../50_cent.jhtml

Miss Info Exclusive….50 Cent wilds out on Interscope
Posted by missinfo under Uncategorized
No Comments
……one of my inside sources just saw 50 cent completely black out in the G-unit offices. 50 was screaming into his blackberry phone, he was on a rampage, he ripped off the 70 inch plasma on the wall and then to top it off, he threw his phone straight thru the window of his executive office….shattering the gla** all over thirtysomething street.
So what in the world could possibly have sent 50 into such a rage? Well, according to my source, right before 50 threw the phone out the window, he yelled you’re f-ing everything up, youre messing up my look, my album, so you know what, I’m on f-in vacation now. F- you and F- Interscope……
Wow….
Here’s the inside story. Allegedly someone inside the Interscope camp is about to lose their job or their head because a video of 50’s 3rd single, called “Follow my Lead” featuring Robin Thicke just leaked to the web. Mind you, this single isn’t supposed to come out until October….after 50’s album drops and after his Justin Timberlake collabo dies out. But now 50’s carefully laid plan is all messed up and when he found out about the leak he flipped so crazy that told the head of Interscope that he’s boycotting all promo all media and possibly leaving the label… right now? Less than a month before the album drops?

But obviously its retarded to have both the 50/Justin song out and the 50/Robin song out at the same time. Plus, how you gonna have a video out for a song that isnt even out yet? No wonder 50 went bonkers.

According to G-unit sources, 50 said F- Interscope and broke out without a trace. And I just saw a photo of the plasma ripped off the wall.

Here’s the video that caused the melt-down….

Stone the Dave

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
Curtis is going to flop as a project but culd do reasonable numbers. Everything is jus going wrong. First time ever I hear a big name artist getting screwed like. I'm not a 50 cent fan but dis is bullisht. I bet you someone paid to have them leaked and right now one is tempted to have The Games name pop up.
hawelution CC. The ultimate IT Solution.

triplelife

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-2
    • View Profile
Him be nice like reco price/catch a overhand right like I'm Kimbo Slice...

Album Available from Musica, Look & Listen and Reliable Warehouse

triplelife

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-2
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Stone the Dave"
Curtis is going to flop as a project... I bet you someone paid to have them leaked and right now one is tempted to have The Games name pop up.

I say its Kanyeezy...
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

50 Cent: I'll quit if outsold by West

08/10/2007 8:56 PM, AP

50 Cent believes his new album will outsell Kanye West's upcoming disc, and he's betting his solo career on it. Both 50 Cent and West have albums due out Sept. 11. 50 Cent, who has sold better than West, has been riled by forecasts that sales of West's "Graduation" could rival those for his "Curtis" CD.

"Let's raise the stakes," the 31-year-old rapper told hip-hop Web site SOHH.com in an interview posted Friday. "If Kanye West sells more records than 50 Cent on September 11, I'll no longer write music. I'll write music and work with my other artists, but I won't put out anymore solo albums."

An e-mail sent to West's publicist wasn't immediately returned Friday.

50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis James Jackson, has been publicly disparaging of West before. In 2005, he suggested the 29-year-old rapper's popularity was only possible because of 50's own success.

But they recently collaborated in the studio. Their work, though, isn't scheduled to appear on either new album.

50 Cent's last full-length solo album, "The Ma**acre," was the best-selling disc of 2005 and sold more than 1.14 million copies in its first week of release. The same year, West's "Late Registration" opened by selling more than 860,000 copies in its first week.

___

On the Net:

SOHH:
Him be nice like reco price/catch a overhand right like I'm Kimbo Slice...

Album Available from Musica, Look & Listen and Reliable Warehouse

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Damn,i didnt know this rap shit can make a person do that.

Mr Dymize

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +1/-1
  • I Ain't New To This - I Stay True To This
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Rip_the_jacker"
Damn,i didnt know this rap shit can make a person do that.

HOLY f***!!!

AIN'T THAT SOME SHIT!!???!!!
"You Couln't Reach The Top In A Bad Game of Tetris"

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
i got a sneaky feeling kanye is gonna outsell 50.

both have released electro-pop style singles to try to appeal to the middle-american white market, but kanye looks more comfortable in that leftfield type shit.

50 looks uncomfortable in the justin video and his flow is awkward. i'm not a fan of kanye, but he seems more natural with this cross-over stuff. his track is way more catchy too.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Dplanet"
i got a sneaky feeling kanye is gonna outsell 50.

both have released electro-pop style singles to try to appeal to the middle-american white market, but kanye looks more comfortable in that leftfield type shit.

50 looks uncomfortable in the justin video and his flow is awkward. i'm not a fan of kanye, but he seems more natural with this cross-over stuff. his track is way more catchy too.

damn that kanye video sound like that Daft punk track,around the world

Ey,D,i saw that Planetary a**ault mixtape review/feature on the Sunday times pages(lifestyle) yersterday.i didnt expect to it feature so soon or maybe u advertised there.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

Ey,D,i saw that Planetary a**ault mixtape review/feature on the Sunday times pages(lifestyle) yersterday.i didnt expect to it feature so soon or maybe u advertised there.

oh yeah? i didn't even know about that!

what did they say? anything bad? :)

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
nah man,it was a good review.ill scan it later if i got time.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
nah man,it was a good review.ill scan it later if i got time.

thanks my man,,, would appreciate.

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
news.bbc.co.uk
Rapper Kanye West is winning the chart battle with 50 Cent on both sides of the Atlantic, early sales figures show.

West's Graduation, which was released on the same day as his rival's third album, Curtis, could top the charts in both the UK and US.

50 Cent, real name Curtis Jackson, has vowed that he will retire from making solo albums if he is outsold by West.

According to record sales executives in the US, West's album is projected to shift up to 700,000 copies this week.
 :D

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/

up and scan , pdf if you can?
ps to RR - i got the video for How we Roll in dvd quality(big up's Spooky!)
as well as Go against us -Trusenz if you want it.just let me know

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
ha ha ha,desperate times calls for desperate measures.Today 12 September,50 cent has sent Buses selling his new album Curtis to record store-deprived areas across NY.

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
^^^
Quote from: "Tony Yayo"

Vitamin Water, it doesn't even matter anymore

^^^What happened to this?

But on the real, nothing to laugh about. That's why Fiddy keeps getting money. Getting gully to make it happen.
If he pushes a coupe of hundred thousand out these buses, it's going to be a problem. It won't make sense to renew contract with Interscope unless it's for really major top dollar. G Unit would start a new phase of DIY distribution. They got the endz to afford to put out a couple of hundred branded buses across the U.S. No more splitting retail revenue.