Africasgateway.com

CNN is sick

oxman · 8 · 14642

oxman

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://
for too long these peole have sat there behind their desks and broadcast lies. the only things they are broadcasting are the things that the people who advertise on their stations want them to broadcast. you are never going to see them come out and show the real shit about what´s happening in the world. it´s always about how many europeans or americans got killed when a plane crashed. about how many people died on  sept 11. meanwhile, people are dying in much greater numbers in africa from hunger/aids. but because it is not a media event, by this i mean, their cameras are not focussed on it, the world ignores it. it is our duty to spark a media revolution in africa. we need to take pictures. make albums. paint pictures. build websites and broadcast our images globally. for too long we have been sittng back and sucking in what they feed us.
the globalisation debate is more about the control of images than anything else. cats can´t read english in senegal but they know what a shell or coca cola logo looks like. on the cape flats and soweto cats have never been to an ice-hockey game but they rock the gear because the media images tell them it´s the thing to do.
holla back at me.
oxman vannie lavis ho
xman

Anonymous

Dont you think that C.N.N. can be objective at times? For example they do give the Iraq´s a voice by airing special segments, I´ve also seen segments shown on C.N.N. that show how the Palestinian´s suffer.

Dont you thnk you are being a bit unfair? ;-)

oxman

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://
if you do an analysis of what they show, you will realise that they have never been objective in their reporting. what percentage of their coverage is dedicated to issues that promote american interests? do they really care about the rest of us?
xman

Anonymous

Its very simple.  then dont watch C.N.N. instead of complaining about it.

All you do is complain complain complain.  Get off your a** and do something.

You want to live the rest of your life wanting people to feel sorry for you?

Anonymous

me, i tell you, i nott complain, sorry ekscuse, i busy for tell the peeples from raphiophop femily for start doing things not for start compain. i do my bit. pleese you not for read wat oxman he write.
me  tink oxman for talk guud ting. me tink yuu for not understand engleesh.me, i tell you, i nott complain, sorry ekscuse, i busy for tell the peeples from raphiophop femily for start doing things not for start compain. i do my bit. plese you not nread what me writing

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
if you watch CNN, and its all-american right, but you never get to hear or see Brooklyn, LA Central ghettos and their stories. All you see is senators and elite peoples, that is not freedom of speech. Its all just conditioning.
Ok if we don´t like CNN we don´t watch it right? But where do we go? I believe that is what Oxman is trying to say, we need to create an un-biased alternetive.

peace
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

The Ebony Cat

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
it has a lot to do with corporate shareholding too..
some guy that has shares in CNN also has shares in an oil company in Nicaragua and therefore if there´s a human rights violation in Nicaragua, CNN won´t report on it...
The Ebony Cat
Capitalist Nigga No. 1
South Africa

The Ebony Cat

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
what many of us are not realising is that South Africa is moving toward the same thing... privately owned media networks..
one company will own a piece of media from "cradle to grave"

and we as hiphop heads should take advantage of this now already by educating ourselves so we can firstly go and work for these networks to learn teh ins and outs of media sphere...

and secondly - when the time comes - build our own media conglomerate and have the expertise to run it as tight as these big guns do theirs.
The Ebony Cat
Capitalist Nigga No. 1
South Africa