Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Planetary a**ault Launch Party

Dpleezy · 28 · 4537

Tuboy

• http://www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-19
  • my heart is a house nucca, fear don't live here!
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
Hey D counting that gwap i see, better start planning on packing the good hope center with that line up you had on the launch i can see it happen! :D   :idea:    I won't forget

No Homo :D  :D  :D
M Turn

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Witness in silence"

what Rearranged Reality is referring to is ...

No I didnt write the review. :)  the pics were taken by me though.

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
No I didnt write the review.  the pics were taken by me though.

oh.good pics too...

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Witness in silence"
No I didnt write the review.  the pics were taken by me though.

oh.good pics too...

thanks man.  :D

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
someone just pointed out to me that there are no white rappers (or females) on planetary a**ault - i must say that had never crossed my mind!

i think there are a number of reasons for the perceived 'rifts' between various factions within cape town hip hop. i'm not a sociologist or anthropologist, but in my experience, people are naturally tribal in nature - whether it's supporting arsenal and hating tottenham, or loving 'underground' hip hop and hating jiggy hip hop - people have a natural tendency to divide themselves from others, often imposing artificial motivations to justify their divisions.

south africa had apartheid which physically imposed these divisions along racial lines, but divisions happen all over the world for a whole variety of political, economic and social reasons.

it's easier for outsiders to come in and bring people together because they are not part of any local 'tribe' and have no local affiliations. a cuban MC called ephniko has been in town for the last week or so. he has been taking in our local scene, trying to hook up with as many crews as possible just to take part in the global culture of hip hop. he has been warmly accepted wherever he has gone, and made tracks with terror mc and archetypes.

i'm not trying to say that there aren't divisions in cape town hip hop, but i guess my point is that these divisions are imaginary - and so easy to break down with the right motivaton. we turn 'other' into 'enemy' so easily that we don't even notice we're doing it. you have cats talking about some dude they don't even know like they have beef with him.

I'm always hearing cats saying stuff like, 'they always get the gigs', or 'he thinks he's the shit', or 'they always get the press coverage'. if they actually spoke to whoever they're bitching about they'd realise that we're all trying to achieve the same thing. hip hop should be a unifying force, not a divisive one.

this reminds me of the 'crabs in a barrel' theory where you have a group of people who discourage or attempt to sabotage the success of another member of the group, causing a cycle of failure. The term is based on the belief that crabs placed in an open barrel will not escape because they will pull each other down, each crab attempting to be on top, meaning none of the crabs will succeed in escaping (from wikipedia).

this 'crabs in a barrel' theory is often applied to post-collonial or post-slavery societies,,, but like i said, i'm not a sociologist so maybe i'm using it out of context here.

like i said, i guess my point is that this division (where it does exist) is a mental construct that can be broken down so that we can all move forward.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Dplanet"
someone just pointed out to me that there are no white rappers (or females) on planetary a**ault - i must say that had never crossed my mind!

i think there are a number of reasons for the perceived 'rifts' between various factions within cape town hip hop. i'm not a sociologist or anthropologist, but in my experience, people are naturally tribal in nature - whether it's supporting arsenal and hating tottenham, or loving 'underground' hip hop and hating jiggy hip hop - people have a natural tendency to divide themselves from others, often imposing artificial motivations to justify their divisions.

south africa had apartheid which physically imposed these divisions along racial lines, but divisions happen all over the world for a whole variety of political, economic and social reasons.

it's easier for outsiders to come in and bring people together because they are not part of any local 'tribe' and have no local affiliations. a cuban MC called ephniko has been in town for the last week or so. he has been taking in our local scene, trying to hook up with as many crews as possible just to take part in the global culture of hip hop. he has been warmly accepted wherever he has gone, and made tracks with terror mc and archetypes.

i'm not trying to say that there aren't divisions in cape town hip hop, but i guess my point is that these divisions are imaginary - and so easy to break down with the right motivaton. we turn 'other' into 'enemy' so easily that we don't even notice we're doing it. you have cats talking about some dude they don't even know like they have beef with him.

I'm always hearing cats saying stuff like, 'they always get the gigs', or 'he thinks he's the shit', or 'they always get the press coverage'. if they actually spoke to whoever they're bitching about they'd realise that we're all trying to achieve the same thing. hip hop should be a unifying force, not a divisive one.

this reminds me of the 'crabs in a barrel' theory where you have a group of people who discourage or attempt to sabotage the success of another member of the group, causing a cycle of failure. The term is based on the belief that crabs placed in an open barrel will not escape because they will pull each other down, each crab attempting to be on top, meaning none of the crabs will succeed in escaping (from wikipedia).

this 'crabs in a barrel' theory is often applied to post-collonial or post-slavery societies,,, but like i said, i'm not a sociologist so maybe i'm using it out of context here.

like i said, i guess my point is that this division (where it does exist) is a mental construct that can be broken down so that we can all move forward.

troof.....It can't have been said better...i likes...

BUT....

just kidding no but
 8)
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile

I beg to differ with your point......racial divisions is not just a matter of a mental construct it goes deeper than that. Its not just about changing ppl behaviours and attitudes then everything will be honky-dory. Racism and racial division is about using science (most credible),religion (powerful)etc to prove that one group is superior that the other. In South Africa racsim is linked to cla**, which makes it even more intense and more complex than just being a matter of mental construct as u have put it. Racial divisions exist becasue theere are institutions that support it...infact they thrive because of those racila divisions i.e advertising etc. Also more importantly the system of capitalism (global phenomenon) which is about mainting cla** inequlities is a what we shoul be fighting then racial divions would be weakened.  So lets make sure the tap is not leaking before we sweep the water out and racism cannot be simplified

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "Tornado"

I beg to differ with your point......racial divisions is not just a matter of a mental construct it goes deeper than that. Its not just about changing ppl behaviours and attitudes then everything will be honky-dory. Racism and racial division is about using science (most credible),religion (powerful)etc to prove that one group is superior that the other. In South Africa racsim is linked to cla**, which makes it even more intense and more complex than just being a matter of mental construct as u have put it. Racial divisions exist becasue theere are institutions that support it...infact they thrive because of those racila divisions i.e advertising etc. Also more importantly the system of capitalism (global phenomenon) which is about mainting cla** inequlities is a what we shoul be fighting then racial divions would be weakened.  So lets make sure the tap is not leaking before we sweep the water out and racism cannot be simplified

i was talking about factional division within cape town hip hop. breaking down wider racial divisions in south african society is a much bigger issue.

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
But still its not as simple as you have put it D. I m out

blaQdust

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +4/-3
    • View Profile
The people of CAPE TOWN showed luv, the Perfomances were dope and from where i stand, the launch was a success :D

however the the perfomers were standing on "Dangerous Grounds, too close to the crowds" 8)  the stage was a bit too close to the people and not elevated enaf.as a result, i think the perfomers movement was limited 8) and it was a mission for photographers to indulge in all angles :idea:
Especially wen the whole P.A entourage took to the forth.

Nat was cool, Hamma outdid himself and itz a pitty SHARPA wasn't feeling very well, "would hav loved to see the chemistry between him and konfab on stage( Kgotso le Hopolang, Ill Sotho niggers)

From the outsde, Rooseveldt looked a bit small but it accomodated all those heads like "swimming tights"

Big Ups 2 The Pioneer unit and Butan...
 8)
The fall of capitalism is imminent

SKILLINUF

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Tornado..... it's hunky dory... not honky dory..... hilarious in the current context....

but 'em.....

go ahead......
 don't care if you thought I was SKILLINUF......... I'm RICK JAMES BITCH!!!!

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: "SKILLINUF"
Tornado..... it's hunky dory... not honky dory..... hilarious in the current context....

but 'em.....

go ahead......
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Quote from: "SKILLINUF"

but 'em.....

go ahead......

Honky dory!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: