Beaker · 20 · 7526

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
Word.Can we cop this in Kapa?
How about some sort of distru deal a la "Pioneer / Landmynz"
But Raiko ...arent you in capetown anymore?

Jules Winnfield

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-2
  • Schizophrenic Tenant Number 1
    • View Profile
Thabs killed it!

Too dope, nice to get that old Hip Hop feeling back, like you actually belong to a culture that you ain't ashamed of? Hope he got to slang some disks!

Big up 2 the family support (Witchcraft/Gin Grimes) and Kenny for keeping the eye candy swinging!! Unlearn agency for the organising of the event!

Thabs is doing a launch in Cape Town sometime in the next month or so, so disks will be on sale most likely then.

@ Witness, i'm based in jhb at the moment
When all this shit is over and done – I think you're gonna find yourself one smilin' motherf***er.

churchofthe latterdayLatte

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-4
    • View Profile
dopest.

but ive always figured thabs to be purposely disjointed....not so much a stain on his skill as an mc, but a gimmick that sets him apart...kind of reinforces that pensive air about him.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
yeah,,,  thabs is one of the few world-cla** MCs we have in SA in terms of lyrical skills, originality and stage presence.

i hate the term 'underground', but i guess because thabs doesn't make lowest common denominator party tracks talking about cars, alcohol and hos, he's always going to be seen as 'alternative'. however, this is a strength not a weakness.

it's just a shame that our local music market is not a bit more developed so that his niche could be better supported. if thabs was in europe or the states he'd be a star in the same league as roots manuva or aesop rock.

really looking forward to the cape town launch.

salute the hymphatic one!

Jules Winnfield

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-2
  • Schizophrenic Tenant Number 1
    • View Profile
but ive always figured thabs to be purposely disjointed....not so much a stain on his skill as an mc, but a gimmick that sets him apart...kind of reinforces that pensive air about him.

Purposely disjointed maybe but Far from a gimmik!! i think thabs is one of the few mc's who's personality really shines thru his raps without much effort.
His music and content are exactly the same as his day to day, a reflection of his thoughts.

Gimmiks are bullshit motives to try and appeal to a certain target market, he's more of the rapper that brings you into his world rather than trying to fit into a boxed format?
When all this shit is over and done – I think you're gonna find yourself one smilin' motherf***er.