2004 SAMA Awards

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
I noticed that there wasnt a post about the SAMA´s Best Rap awards on this site. So in the interest of generating discussion:
The Nominees for the 2004 SAMA awards
Best Rap Album:
Amu - The Life, Rap and Drama
Hip Hop Pantsula - O mang?
Mizchif - Supernatural (My Return)
Skwatta Kamp - Mkhukhu Funkshen
Tumi & The Volume - Live at the Ba**line

If I had to pick a winner I´d have to say Skwatta Kamp will probably take it but Tumi&The Volume had a much more musically mature album so they deserve to take it.
Judges you hear me? ;-) My AG ma**ive what U think?

What ommissions have there been from the list.
Who deserves to be there?

Do industry accreditations such as these still count for anything?

Just Dee

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/landmynz
personally I think H2O should have been there instead of Mischif, cause really now how many singles did he/can he push from his album? H2O has more ma** appeal than him....

who will win, knowing the industry SK will probably win after all they are from Gallo, remember when Zwai won best rap?... but if I was a judge I´d also go for Tumi & the Volume amazing album, break through album even, how many SA acts can release a live album and still come correct like Tumi & the Volume,let alone hiphop acts... but then again I´m not a judge.

I heard Bad Boy T is a judge, i hope he using this opportunity to send a message as to what should hiphop be... Bad Boy we say Tumi!!!, Tumi!!!, Tumi!!!, Tumi!!!

Nje

khoi

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://The Kraal
MaraD please note that to be part of the samas is not about how mach ma** appeal you have, it depends on when the album was released, and also on whether you registered of not. The unfair thing about the samas is that independent/ small labels are changed more to register than majors, that’s what labels like Ghetto Ruff were complaining about a couple of years back        

So what saying is that maybe H2O wasn’t registered hey there are no Rage acts in there you notice.

I’m not sure if you knew this or not but I thought I might just say it  
;-)
wabulawayo Kraal we kill - only time will reveal

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Quote:

21-04-2004 at 10:29, khoi :
The unfair thing about the samas is that independent/ small labels are changed more to register than majors, that’s what labels like Ghetto Ruff were complaining about a couple of years

Politicks as usual!
But you guys arent answering my question about the industry accreditation being worth anything.

Anonymous

Basicall Iv supported local hip hop since and i know about skwattas struggles and all they`ve been through and yayaya...but the point is that if you listen to TUMI & THE VOLUME  you`ll realise the high level of maturity in their music which is something that youd kinda expect from skwatta especially after they released khut & joyn....I really think tumi & the volume deserve the award but knowing the judges and all im kinda thinkin that we all know that skwattas gonna take it just because they all commercial now...my numbers are 0724153898 pls call me to notify me how i can vote for my band if yall know coz im in the dark!!!god bless yall he loves yall so love him too

Just Dee

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/landmynz
Quote:

21-04-2004 at 10:29, khoi :
MaraD please note that to be part of the samas is not about how mach ma** appeal you have, it depends on when the album was released, and also on whether you registered of not. The unfair thing about the samas is that independent/ small labels are changed more to register than majors, that’s what labels like Ghetto Ruff were complaining about a couple of years back        

So what saying is that maybe H2O wasn’t registered hey there are no Rage acts in there you notice.

I’m not sure if you knew this or not but I thought I might just say it  
;-)

sure Khoi I know all the procedures, and yes H2O was registered... but they did not make the top Five as per selectors decision...

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Question is do they deserve to be in the top five though? I gotta agree with the judges on this one though...

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
In the Quest to expose more people to the Art form..obviously the Accreditation is somewhat important..as will bring "Hip Hop " the concept to the foreground...an hopfully draw more peoples curiosity and attention to Hip Hop...opening doors for doper cats to be exposed....Amu on sheer longevity and hard work deserves the..Award..what that would mean..i think is that cats from the "old" school will get shine too coz theres maaaad "old school" that will find it hard to break into the market ..coz younger cats like SK..have the market locked down but i feel do not really..represent JSec Hip Hop..if they did win the award it will be good too..coz that seems like the direction local and Jsec hip hop could be going..TUMI..shiit..if he had to win as well that would be dope...coz they from my time so to speak.

The way i see it..

All five nominees represent little subsets of Local Hip Hop...anyone that wins has the most influence to dirct Local Hip Hops Direction..good luck to all..Hip Hop pantsula...Mizchiel..all these cats did not just land in the industry overnight nor where they given easy pa**age..its all hard work from all cats so who eva wins deserves to to some dgree..but fucc Amu has to win..i belive he will

PEACE
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

Anonymous

Basically the argument is gore who should take the award between sk and tumi & his volume...Just look at it this way: hip hop is supposed to be listened to by all people young & old,male & female,gay or straight and skwatta is so rude and they dont have a point all they wanna do is party,drink,and have grop orgies but if you buy tumi & da volume you can chill with your mama and your grandmama and her grandmama too.Luv you TUMI

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
MMMmmmm. Have you actually listened to the whole SK album and came up with that conclusion? The oldest criticism of hiphop music: That it´s about partying and "group orgies".

Zee

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
SK will be taking it. Tumi, if not SK. Mizchif if it rains money that day.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Looks like SK for sure but consider this a last minute plea to any of the judges..I sed it at the beginning of this forum and I say it again here PLEASE GIVE IT TO TUMI & THE VOLUME!!